This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Mytical View Post
    Well you know, your supposed to have X-ray vision (ignore the fact that this would cause you to see through the sign, not actually see the sign), know everything (like the fact that the doorbell will wake a child you had no way of knowing even existed), and if those fail..I guess they wanted you to go rock the child to sleep?
    with my job it is not so much that they do NOT have a "Knock softly" or "Do not rign doorbell" sign, it is that the sign is faded to the point that it looks like one of those old connect the dots type puzzles. and that is just in daylight. try seeing one of those at night with NO porchlight and using a powerfull flashlight shined DIRECTLY on the "sign".
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
      with my job it is not so much that they do NOT have a "Knock softly" or "Do not rign doorbell" sign, it is that the sign is faded to the point that it looks like one of those old connect the dots type puzzles. and that is just in daylight. try seeing one of those at night with NO porchlight and using a powerfull flashlight shined DIRECTLY on the "sign".
      Which is where the all knowing bit would come in. You are supposed to KNOW what the sign means.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Why dont you go sell signs?

Comment

Ah but noone would read them. I wonder if that would make them easier or harder to sell...
          I am the commander commando!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Easier ofcourse :P

Comment

Quoth rose_metal_nz View Post
              o.O if a doorbell is waking up your "infant" (unsure what age here) you either need to get a quieter doorbell, or get your child used to noises that wake them up. Just my $0.02c......
              A doorbell ringing wakes ME up (and I sleep like the dead) so I wouldn't expect my son to be any different.

I can relate (a bit) to the woman in the OP. My son is 18 mo and sleeps for 3 hrs in the afternoon (which is amazing for me! ) and I (politely) asked my two regular delivery guys to knock instead of the doorbell. Eventually I had to put up a sign (clear, and right above the doorbell) when when it got warmer due to more soliciters/deliverers ringing and banging the hell on my door. Yes it will wake up my son and I will not be happy with anyone who ignores my sign and ruins my only time to get things done.

That being said..the woman was a bitch to expect you to see that sign and magically know to knock.
              Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

Working...
              X