Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We Lost Our *#!$%! Roof! We Are NOT Going To Open!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Erin View Post
    It's the normalcy bias.
    Ah, is that what it's called? I'd wondered. Back when I was with my ex, he'd traipse around town in his full ren faire garb, which included a broadsword in a scabbard on his hip. It was always amusing to listen to the little kids pointing and telling their parents about the guy with the sword, and the parents looking over right at him and then telling their kids that he didn't have one.

Even so, I'm willing to bet that a good portion isn't that so much as just plain critical self-absorption. Some people are so wrapped up in their own self-importance that they can't be bothered to pay attention to the world around them.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Erin View Post
      Or, it could just be that they're stupid.
      Maybe it's Darwin in action >_> They're actively removing themselves from the reproductive flow...The only problem is, they'd more than likely take ten times as many sentient beings with them x.x
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
        Maybe it's Darwin in action >_> They're actively removing themselves from the reproductive flow...The only problem is, they'd more than likely take ten times as many actual sentient beings with them x.x
        Fixed that for you
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Working...
        X