X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You want to... what?

Yay, another insanity-ful day!

NO DOWN TIME!
    SM comes up to me as I'm cleaning up from a customer on one of my registers. Literally, all thee of the other registers are in use, and the customer I just finished helping is still in the store, not ten feet from me.
    SM: "Juwl! Why don't you come pull customers from this express lane?"
    J: *walk over to my desk to put away the coupon in my hand, then turn to the three people at the express lane, and pull one over at random*
    The MOMENT I finish with a customer, no matter how much paper I might have in my hands, go pull another one, no matter that it's slow, and the rest of my registers are full... ALL 4 UScans must be in use at all times!

Coupons don't work like that:

Was on the other bank of UScans much later, and a customer handed me her wad of coupons. I scan most of them, no big deal, until I get down to the two last coupons in the stack. One is a buy one, get one for a bottle of Ozarka water, the other is just a get one free for a bottle. Guess how many bottles she had on her order?
    Two. Two bottles. So, she wanted me to give her one for buying the other, and then have me give her that one for free as well. System refused it, and I looked closer at her order. Nope, still only two bottles, so I returned the second coupon to her.
    J: "Can't do it..."
    SC: "Can I use this coupon instead of the other one?"
    J: "Aren't they exactly the same thing?" I hadn't looked at them too closely at that point, I admit...
    SC: "No, this one's a get a freebie, the other's buy one get one..."
    J: *sigh* "Possibly... let's see what I can do..."
    SC: "Also, can you take off this second bottle, then?"
    J: "Again, possibly... just depends on how the system works at this point..."
    Luckily, I do manage to swap out the coupons for her, so she gets one free bottle of water, hurrah for her.
    "I call murder on that!"

Ehhhh..... All that touble for a bottle of water?

Comment

Quoth Yarnil View Post
      Ehhhh..... All that touble for a bottle of water?
      Some people have no common sense when it comes to coupons. They'd buy bat guano if they found a coupon for it in the paper.
      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
        Some people have no common sense when it comes to coupons. They'd buy bat guano if they found a coupon for it in the paper.
        ... and be furious because you left the crazy out of it ...
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

hell, they'd take anything if it has a coupon, bogo or is free. free boot in the ass? they'll be lined up around the block twice over.
          look! it's ghengis khan!
          Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
            hell, they'd take anything if it has a coupon, bogo or is free. free boot in the ass? they'll be lined up around the block twice over.
            Where do I sign up to do the booting?
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I forgot one!
              A couple came into the store, some time after 8 PM... I know this because I was covering I's break, and they wanted to do an exchange, which is usually impossible after guest services closes.
              Also, I was pushing carts out the door, and the lady refused to walk any closer...

She catches my attention from two register lengths away, and starts asking me something in broken English. I'm at a very uncomfortable stage of recovering from being sick... if I can breathe, I can't hear. If I can hear, I can't breathe. So, usually, I choose to be able to breathe. I respond that I can't understand her with all the noise, could she speak up or walk over to me?
              No, neither. She repeats herself at the same volume, still two register lengths away. I cross the distance to her, and listen to her mumble her question a third time.
              "No, we can't do returns after 8 PM, guest services is the only group that can do them, and they all left at 8."
              Brief cat butt face, but no verbal response, so I go back to taking those carts outside, only to see them stop Night Manager and Awesome Assistant Manager, and ask them both separately if they can do returns.
              Still no? What a surprise!
              I catch the managers as they're pulling cash from the UScans, and let them know I had already fielded that question, and said, "No can do this time of night..."
              Awesome responded, "It's not like that sign has changed since the store opened, either... guest services has ALWAYS closed at 8 PM."
              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

How cute! He still expects customers to read signs!
                "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Megg View Post
                  How cute! He still expects customers to read signs!
                  I'm just impressed that Juwl's people seem to actually enforce the concept of the Service Desk closing down. I can't tell you how many times I've seen an exchange or return done after hours just because the SC wanted to be a PITA.

Comment

Working...
                  X