This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK???? What are you???

or please learn the difference between a company employee and someone just delivering to the company.

I did not take this order just had to (try and) deliver it

in my delivery area we have a HUGE distribution center for a grocery store chain (GSC) (sorry Irv not the cleareance swamp that is another store's area). now there are two types of people we deliver to when order for this warehouse come in:
    1. actual employees for GSC
    2. trucker drivers/opeators who deliver and pick up shipments of various products for GSC

It is VERY important to determine which of these catageories a person fits into because as this dtermines 1) where we go for delivery and 2) what questions we have to ask to make a proper delivery

for #1 if the delivery is to an employee we go to the shipping/receiving office
    if a trucker (#2) we need to have a bay number or at worst a VERY good descripton of the truck (and no a blue truck is NOT a good answer cause there can be 50 or 60 trucks at this facility at any one time) such as the truck number the trucking company name etc.

aparently this dim bulb did not understand either concept. note I amputting the story in chonological order although I did not get the full story until the end

CSR -- server answering the phone
    me - WHERE the HELL are my DRUGS DAMNIT!!!
    DB - dim bulb

CSR - <openning spiel> delivery or carrout?
    DB - delivery
    CSR - OK what is your phone number please
    DB - Well I am over at GSC DC and I need a delivery
    CSR - are your an employee of GSC or a trucker
    DB - I work for GSC. I am employeed by them
    CSR - OK < gets DB's name and puts order in under GSC's phone number
    CSR - your total is $18 and we will be there in 35 minutes
    <hang up>

enter me

I get dispatched on the order. I immediately note this is to GSC. I ask the CSR "Trucker or employee??" CSR says employee. no problem.

I roll up to the shipping/receiving door and enter. I tell the clerk that I have an order for Mike. she says hmmmm No Mike here and our workers should all be working now and should not be ordering food.

Great. now I have to determine where this goes. the shipping clerk does a quick check and confirms no one order food. I call the store and talk to the CSR. again they say the person works there. JUST GREAT

I wait around a minute or two and call the MOD to say I am coming back with the order. as I walk outside a TRUCK driver (in a truck with NO connection to GSC no less) motions to me to come over and says that is my order. I verify the name and have him sign the CC slip (at least he had the sence to tip me well), while in my head I am itching to beat him senseless with a clue by 4.

WHY is it so hard to just say "hey I am a trucker and am NOT employeed by GSC" ????? I wasted 10 minutes on this.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Because he thinks that an employee gets faster service?

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
      or please learn the difference between a company employee and someone just delivering to the company.

I did not take this order just had to (try and) deliver it

in my delivery area we have a HUGE distribution center for a grocery store chain (GSC)
      if a trucker (#2) we need to have a bay number or at worst a VERY good descripton of the truck (and no a blue truck is NOT a good answer cause there can be 50 or 60 trucks at this facility at any one time) such as the truck number the trucking company name etc.
      Haven't ordered pizza while waiting for pickup/delivery (been tempted a couple times at a place with long waits, but not a grocery distribution centre), but would "Pumpkin truck lines, truck number 1234, red Kenworth" be enough information? I'd skip the model number because someone in pizza delivery would have no reason to know how to distinguish a W900 from a T2000 (even though any trucker with the ink dry on their CDL could tell the difference - it would be like asking me to identify pepperoni from salami on sight).
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
        Haven't ordered pizza while waiting for pickup/delivery (been tempted a couple times at a place with long waits, but not a grocery distribution centre), but would "Pumpkin truck lines, truck number 1234, red Kenworth" be enough information? I'd skip the model number because someone in pizza delivery would have no reason to know how to distinguish a W900 from a T2000 (even though any trucker with the ink dry on their CDL could tell the difference - it would be like asking me to identify pepperoni from salami on sight).
        any delivery driver would hug the stuffings outta you for that description (and I mena that in a nice way). all you would need to add would be "Near door #30". this is esp important at night when truck colors are not that visible or apparent or washed out by the high powered sodium lights.
        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Perfect description. Granted, I could tell you the diff between a W900 and a T2000 with my eyes closed, but chances are if I deliver to a truck stop, I call the driver and ask model number. Makes it quicker, cause I just drive around looking for a longnose 'Liner.

Comment

I thought you were supposed to tell the pizza person, and the cabbie, what you were dressed in and a way to find you?
            Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

well when i was at fort drum we would occasionally have pizza delivered to an intersection/color smoke combo. (the one place that delivered in the training area seemed to like sending my platoon the new drivers, we could tell bu how they jumped when a shrubbery handed them the money with a decent tip.)
              There are only two rules of tactics: never be without a plan, and never rely on it.

Comment

(channeling my inner Steven Seagal)

Quoth wolfie View Post
                I'd skip the model number because someone in pizza delivery would have no reason to know how to distinguish a W900 from a T2000
                I'm not trained for this.

Quoth wolfie View Post
                it would be like asking me to identify pepperoni from salami on sight).
                Now, this I'm trained for!

[/Seagal mode]

Quoth redleg View Post
                we could tell bu how they jumped when a shrubbery handed them the money with a decent tip.)
                That's freakin' hilarious!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth redleg View Post
                  well when i was at fort drum we would occasionally have pizza delivered to an intersection/color smoke combo. (the one place that delivered in the training area seemed to like sending my platoon the new drivers, we could tell bu how they jumped when a shrubbery handed them the money with a decent tip.)
                  Is that the shrubbery the Knights Who Say Ni wanted?
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                  X