This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Campfire Tales II (Mr. Right)

*pokes a stick at the embers to get the fire hot again*...there are some marshmallow and sticks by the fire, grab some and let me spin a little yarn for you about the old days, long before I was a manager and worked in that exalted field of fast food. Let me tell you, ain’t nobody in this world that has more stamina for “customer intensity” (that’s manager speak for $#!hole for you kiddies at home ) than food service workers, and very few dish it out worse than a fast food customer. I remember those days fondly…

So let’s get to it, the story of Mr. Right.

To set this tale, imagine a place where many a burger is slung and many a french fry is overcooked. Its here we begin our tale of woe and misery for our young hero (it’s my story, I feel like being a hero this time…) as he went about his daily routine, schlepping the food to the masses. Well, in the middle of a long shift our hero feels the hairs on the back of his neck stand on end. He knew something was coming his way, and as he turned around, there stood before him, Mr. Right.

Apparently, Mr. Right has ordered a salad for his daughter, and she wanted an extra dressing. Now this is so simple, it should have never come to this, but Mr. Right would have nothing less than blood (so dramatic). He looked our hero in the face and proceeded to tell him how horrible the service was and on from there. He demanded that he get the dressing immediately, but to no avail as the hero was forced to tell him the dressing costs…*gasps*…..35 cents (owner was a cheapskate).

This little dialogue unfolded between Mr. Right and our Hero.

H: “We have the dressing, its just 35 cents”
    MR: “35 Cents” becoming loud “how the hell do you get off charging anything to me?…I am a ****ing customer”
    H: “Sir, it’s the restaurant policy…that’s all”
    MR: “Restaurant my ***, you monkeys can’t even get real jobs at a real restaurant.” He pointed his finger at out hero, “now get my ****ing dressing before we have a real problem”

Our Hero was needless to say, angrier than a shaken beehive, but he had a job to do, so he grabbed the dressing and slightly slapped it down (that is my story and I am sticking to it) on the counter, where Mr. Right grabbed it from him, and handed it to his daughter.

It seems this would end our tale……but of course Mr. Right had to be extra right. He turned around and caught our Hero’s eye and started again.

MR: “I don’t like the way you are looking at me”
    H: *just shrugs trying to keep his temper abated*
    MR: with an arrogant smirk he says” I don’t think you like serving me”
    H: almost biting his tongue he says “there is no problem……sir”
    MR: He decides to taunt our hero again, “you think I’m stupid, don’t you son….” He leaned on the counter; “Well….come on son….speak” (the man actually talked at me like I was a dog)
    H: Our hero, finally giving into his own temper, looked him in the eye and said very sharply “Yes Sir!!”
    MR: Taken aback at the unexpected retort, he stammers out “Where do you get off saying that to me!?!”
    H: Our hero looked him square in the eye and smiled as he said” because sir, the customer is always right!” followed by a wink.

Chaos ensued with screaming by Mr. Right and the Manager sending our hero home for the weekend (I earned that let me tell you ) but our hero spent those days off with an odd sense of ....satisfaction….I wonder why?

Well, Ol’ Cruc will be here with more tales in the future kiddies….see ya then *lights a pipe and looks at the campfire*
    Last edited by Crucible1; 04-21-2011, 03:53 PM.
    And unto the I offer the 11th commandment of god, that whomsover calleth "Shotgun" shall heretofore and forever lay claim to that seat......until you have to pee!!-your friendly neighborhood Crucible

I'm really enjoying your stories!

*stuffs face with smores waiting for more stories*
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Gimme s'more!! right away!!! now now now!

Comment

Quoth Crucible1 View Post
        H: Our hero looked him square in the eye and smiled as he said” because sir, the customer is always right!” followed by a wink.
        The way you turned that piece of logic back on the customer has made me smile. I (platonically) love you! Also, thanks for the s'mores sir! ^_^

Comment

i don't think there would have been a good way out of that one. the way he egged you on, he wanted you to agree with him. disagreeing with him would only be seen as poor customer service. and what manager wouldn't tell his employees that the customer is ALWAYS right?
          there's some people with issues that medication, therapy or a baseball bat just can't cure

Comment

lol, you did what he asked, but the results were definitely not what he was looking for. well played, good sir!
            look! it's ghengis khan!
            Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

I love these tales! When I read it, my internal voice sounds like Sam Elliot
              I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Quoth Crucible1 View Post
                MR: “35 Cents” becoming loud “how the hell do you get off charging anything to me?…I am a ****ing customer”
                Aaaand I think MR: answered his own question there.

Comment

oh, you shouldn't've said that, but it. was. AWESOME.
                  "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                  "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Love it!

So how did my boss Mr. Right--his first name is Always--get to your restaurant, anyway?
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I would probably never do it in real life, but in my happy dream world where I get to say anything I want, It would've gone something like this:

SC: Speak!
                      Me: Woof.

SC: You think I'm stupid, don't you?
                      Me: Far be it from me to be the one to contradict you, sir. (then wait for them to parse that one out)
                      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                      - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

It never ceases to amaze me how many people don't work "real jobs" that pay "real rent".
                        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I wonder if it would be the appropriate time to showcase any foreign language skills upon the "speak" command. A good one to use if the person happens to not know any Ukrainian is, "Ви мудак" (pronounced "vih moo-dock" I believe).

Tell them it means something like, "Yes sir, right away" or "You smell terrific." What it actually means is, "You [are an] asshole."

Comment

Working...
                          X