This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pizza Place Wing Ordering Fail

Got this mildly rude and patronizing customer on the phone today (on Easter) at "Dice Pizza". Basically I take her order and she asks first of all for a type of wing we don't have, then a flavor we also don't have. I tell her we don't have the first type of wings (spicy boneless wings), she argues until asking someone else in her house what she got, then getting that(regular spicy wings). The second chicken item is where it gets interesting. She asks for garlic Parmesan wings, which we don't have, even though she swears up and down our website has them. She even goes as far as to say, during this whole thing, something to the effect of "can you get me someone who knows how to take an order." So, in order to try and accommodate her, we send our boneless wings with our garlic parmesan sauce in dip cups. She later calls and complains (I take the call again) so I hand it off to the manager. Turns out she was on a competing pizza place website trying to quote us on it.

Wow, super fail. I wonder if she told the manager that she found your phone number on the other store's website?
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Our dice pizza has the parmesan ones... Could she have been visiting from another state?

Either way... Bad girl no wings for you.

Comment

I want garlic parmesan wings now
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth ChozoGhost79 View Post
          Turns out she was on a competing pizza place website trying to quote us on it.
          that is nothing new at my <pizza place>. our wings "brand name" sound a bit like several nationally know <wings only> places (yes there are several wing places with somewhat similar names).

we get calls all the time asking for <sauce flavor that we have never had> and the caller yelling at us that they are looking "RIGHT at our website and the flavor is THERE!!!!!!!"

1. well then ORDER from the website already. yes you can pay in CASH
          2. (yes I know this already) you obviously can NOT read as the company logos are significantly DIFFERENT. so learn to read idiot
          3 sorry we do NOT have 50 different wing sauces.
          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Seeing as I'm not a phone person I don't encounter it often, but I can imagine. What I don't get is how our respective websites can be mistaken. One background is RED!! and the other is WHITE!!
            We have no specific wing places in our town(a BBQ place though), so mistaken identity only happens between competing pizza places (usually it's about stuffed-crust which we don't have)

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
              I want garlic parmesan wings now
              lol I SO hear you!

I saw the title of this post and the first thing that came to my mind was "Oh! When was the last time I had wings?", and now I am hungry for wings.
              "Sorry, the restaurant is closed in honor of customer appreciation day."

Comment

Not quite wings, but I do have a pizza delivery/website issue.

I work for a small chain (ten stores nationwide, tops), in a location that just opened a little over a month ago. We're still having issues with the online ordering system (and the fact that Corporate sent coupons/mailouts to homes well out of our area...different problem, same result). The main thing with us is, we have a smaller delivery area than most shops so we can get pies to the customers FAST (as in, we consider an order to be late if it's been 30 minutes from phone call to door). We don't want drivers being gone too long, and the drivers can only take one run at a time for this reason (meaning, we need more drivers. Patrons love it, but it sucks for our labor cost, tho. ugh.)

I'll give you a..."scaled up" view of what I mean. Let's pretend that the USA has been shrunk just a tad, and the entire nation is now the size of a small city. In this situation, our delivery are would cover, say, central Texas to western Georgia, and all points north/south, including a bit of Florida. Our store would be located somewhere around central Alabama. If someone calls us to order from, say, central Florida (technically out of area but close), we'll still take the order if we're slow, basically to be nice. If someone orders from a place more like Seattle or LA....not so much. Ever.

The thing is, the online ordering system still has only a vague idea where our boundaries are, and WILL often take orders to California, New York, etc. We usually will allow it once from any given location, but will politely inform them that we're not really allowed to do it (if another store actually existed to cover that area, our contract would *legally forbid us* to go to that address)...We *are* working on expanding as quickly as we can, but that takes time and moolah.

Thing is, we've had a couple SC's who just won't listen. One in particular, who lives in "Seattle" on my map, has ordered and gotten deliveries 3 or 4 times in the past month, despite being informed EVERY SINGLE TIME that we don't go there -- it's even printed on his box stickers now. It takes a good 20 minutes to reach his place (the max for us is normally 10) in rush hour traffic, even when we take the back streets...and yes, he always orders during rush hour (meaning, we lose a driver for 45 minutes or more, when they're usually back in 20-25; this screws up delivery times for other customers if we're short on drivers that night). He also likes to deny that we have told him "NO" every single time. On his last order, the Store Manager noticed his address and *delivered the order himself*. Said SC has now been advised that, if he pulls this again, he will simply be banned from getting deliveries. The SC keeps ordering online because the website can't tell him "no". However, our system has now flagged him so we will know if he tries this again (we'll gladly take pick-up orders from him tho).

PS, on a side note, RIP to the Shack of Pizza, whose doors finally closed in this town a month ago. Seems HQ didn't appreciate their not paying franchise fees for upwards of half a year >_> They stopped delivering AT ALL in this town years ago, anyway. They shall be *snort*chuckle* sorely missed. The upside is, one or more of their lifeless husks of stores are perfectly placed for areas we'd like to expand into ^_^ And yes, this includes the area I described above as "Seattle". Let a new store deal with him...
                Last edited by EricKei; 04-26-2011, 05:57 AM. Reason: minus one not-really-competitor...
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                  One in particular, who lives in "Seattle" on my map, has ordered and gotten deliveries 3 or 4 times in the past month, despite being informed EVERY SINGLE TIME that we don't go there --
                  Not trying to be rude but the last part of that sentence is not true; you do go there. This guy will keep ordering for delivery until that last part becomes true and you DON'T go there.

Hopefully from the last part by flagged you mean he will receive a call the next time he places an online order inviting him to come and pick up the order if he still wants it as you DON'T deliver to his area.
                  You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                    Wow, super fail. I wonder if she told the manager that she found your phone number on the other store's website?
                    Why wouldn't that surprise me? Oh yeah, because I deal with SC's.
                    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Caractacus_Potts View Post
                      Not trying to be rude but the last part of that sentence is not true; you do go there. This guy will keep ordering for delivery until that last part becomes true and you DON'T go there.
                      No worries ^_^ I should have clarified that the driver generally took it without saying anything, or the manager had him take it because we were getting slammed (defined as "any time we have more pizzas to make than will fit into two ovens simultaneously") and had him take it anyway, not realizing just HOW far away it was.

And yes, Flagged means exactly what you think it does ^_^
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

Hopefully the guy at least tipped well. Which come to think of it, may be why certain drivers went ahead and made the delivery anyway.
                        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Not particularly. I think the driver was somewhat new and was just afraid to raise a fuss about it. He mentioned it to me one night when I was complaining about the website allowing out-of-area orders like that (I'm sorta an unofficial "senior driver"), and I brought it to the managers' attention.

Comment

Working...
                          X