This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cable Customers: Why I'm Banging My Head Against the Wall

C: Now I had them music channels working during a party & they went out! How am I supposed to disco dance without my music?

C: Did you call the lost & found today?
    Me: Why?
    C: Your company must have lost your technician & I hope you can find him! I need my TV fixed!!

C: Channel 10 is in black & white on my HD TV!! Why is “Andy Griffin’s Show” in black & white on my color TV??
    Me: Sir, that show was filmed in black & white.
    C: Well, that don’t explain why my HD COLOR TV won’t show it in color!

C: When will the technician get here? It’s almost 10:15!
    Me: Your appointment was scheduled between 10 and 12 today.
    C: Between?
    Me: Yes sir, we schedule in 2 hour windows.
    C: Well, I’m looking out the window now…
    The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Holy cow, Dude! It's a wonder your brain doesn't explode daily.
    Last edited by Dave1982; 04-26-2011, 04:31 PM. Reason: Quoted the entire post
    "Imagine that. Human souls, trapped like flies in the World Wide Web, stuck forever, crying out for help."-The Doctor
    "Isn't that basically Twitter?"-Clara

Comment

Quoth Phone Jockey View Post

C: Channel 10 is in black & white on my HD TV!! Why is “Andy Griffin’s Show” in black & white on my color TV??

Do..buh..wha? Brain cells..dying... x_x
      Random conversation:
      Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
      DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Do the hustle!

Comment

C: Your company must have lost your technician & I hope you can find him! I need my TV fixed!!
          The others made my head hurt, but this one, I think, is somewhat clever.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Sounds like a pick-up line

Comment

Look at it this way, at least you only get one brand of stupid...

Gravekeeper gets it all.
              My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

The stupid is strong with those inDUHviduals.
                I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Not to mention that TV Land, the channel I assume he's watching Andy Griffith on, does not even have an HD channel. He'll have to watch an episode from later in the show's run to watch it in color though! Wonder if he watches I Love Lucy...

Comment

************************************************** **************
                    :
                    Is it terrible that, years later, I still immediately switched to "tell them to navigate up or down channel, to prove that the colour works" ... !

love it! At least they had a sense of humour!
                    Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
                    What's the difference?
                    We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Quoth jjc927 View Post
                      Not to mention that TV Land, the channel I assume he's watching Andy Griffith on, does not even have an HD channel.
                      Yeah I have noticed that...which means I can't record a show I'm watching on there right now cause the dvr is on the HDTV and non hd channels look like crap on it.
                      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Reminds me of an old Calvin and Hobbs comic strip where Calvin's dad was trying to convince Calvin that old photographs were black and white because the whole world was actually black and white in the past.

Comment

Quoth PatchO'Black View Post
                          Reminds me of an old Calvin and Hobbs comic strip where Calvin's dad was trying to convince Calvin that old photographs were black and white because the whole world was actually black and white in the past.
                          Can't find it online, but the text is at http://www.panoramio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10994:

Calvin: Dad, How come old photographs are always black and white? Didn’t they have color film back then?
                          Dad: Sure they did. In fact, those old photographs are in color. It’s just the world was black and white then.
                          Calvin: Really?
                          Dad: Yep. The world didn’t turn color until sometime in the 1930’s, and it was pretty grainy color for a while, too.
                          Calvin: That’s really weird.
                          Dad: Well, truth is strange than fiction.
                          Calvin: But then why are old paintings in color?! If the world was black and white, wouldn’t artists have painted it that way?
                          Dad: Not necessarily. A lot of great artists were insane.
                          Calvin: But…but how could they have painted in color anyway? Wouldn’t their paints have been shades of gray back then?
                          Dad: Of course, but they turned colors like everything else did in the ‘30s.
                          Calvin: So why didn’t old black and white photos turn color too?
                          Dad: Because they were color pictures of black and white, remember?

Later… Calvin to Hobbes: The world is a complicated place, Hobbes.
                          Hobbes: Whenever it seems that way, I take a nap in a tree and wait for dinner.
                          You wanna know why Calvin turned out the way he did, just look at his dad. Now he musta been a terror as a kid...

Comment

Working...
                          X