Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wait, you were looking in people's rooms?!?!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wait, you were looking in people's rooms?!?!

No major SCs lately; just a lot of little things that get on my nerves...

No grabby!

I'm in the break room noshing on a snack when my lobby bell rings. I run out, and the guest has reached across the desk and grabbed a registration card and has started to fill it out.

SC: "Yeah, smoking room on the ground floor."
    Me: "I'm sorry, I don't have any smoking rooms left on the ground floor."
    SC: *throws pen down onto counter* "You guys NEVER do! Well then what DO you have?!?!"

He accepted an upstairs room, but really -
    1) If you don't have a reservation, don't fill out a reg-card until we can be sure we can accommodate you! And
    2) If you have a reservation, don't fill out a reg-card until I hand you one, because if I had the time, I may have already pre-filled one out for you, because I am awesome like that.

Don't toss the reg cards

SC: "Oops, I made a mistake." *proceeds to crumple/rip/etc reg card*

No! Nononono! Those things have control numbers. We have to account for all of them. If you destroy one, you will make us fail our audit, I will not get my bonus, and I will resent you for that. Either cross out your mistake and fix it, or, if you really, grievously screwed it up somehow, return it to me and I will hand you a new one. (I do cut guests some slack on this, since they may not realize how important those little pieces of paper are to account for.)

No really, that's all I have left

SC: "I want a room away from the highway on the ground floor."
    Me: "I'm sorry, all those rooms are booked. I only have two rooms left, and they are both upstairs and facing the highway."
    SC: "What about one of these?" *points to room map*
    Me: "I'm sorry, I only have [this room] and [that room] left."
    SC: "Nothing over here?" *points to another area on map*
    Me: "No, I only have [this room] or [that room]. That is all I have."
    SC: "......so nothing over here either?" *points to room map*

I've shown you what I have. Take it or leave it. Pointing to other spots on the room map won't make them magically become available. Maybe next time you show up during Easter weekend and refinery turnover, you will make reservations for your preferred room ahead of time?

Wait, you were looking in people's rooms?

SC had a room on the highway side (see previous). SC wanted to move. He came down early (8am) and spoke with Other MOD.

SC: "I was wondering if I could move to [room number]."
    Other MOD: "Well, they have until noon to check-out. Also, that room has a mini-fridge and microwave, so we would have to charge you an extra $3 for that room."
    SC: "I think they are out."
    Other MOD: "They haven't checked out yet."
    SC: "I think they are gone. I watched them leave, and then I looked in the room and there is no luggage or anything."

Wait wait wait wait....wait....this guy is going around and peeking in other people's rooms to see if they have left or not? What if they weren't gone? What if he peeked in on a guest? WTH is wrong with this guy??!?! To me, that's just creepy and wrong.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

SC: "I think they are gone. I watched them leave, and then I looked in the room and there is no luggage or anything."
    why does this create an image of a hyena waiting for a mauled zebra to die??
    look! it's ghengis khan!
    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

The first three were bad, the last one..that is .. wow. Tell me did he say something about how "Mother knows they are gone." and then inquire about your showers? (Cookies for references..think old movie)
      Last edited by Mytical; 04-26-2011, 05:47 AM.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Psycho!

I can has cookies?
        Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Hey, I was posting that when your post knocked me off the 'net. Stupid wireless. I like lemon shortbread, BTW.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
            why does this create an image of a hyena waiting for a mauled zebra to die??
            Probably because it does. Or at least a creepy humanoid stalker.
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
              The first three were bad, the last one..that is .. wow. Tell me did he say something about how "Mother knows they are gone." and then inquire about your showers? (Cookies for references..think old movie)
              I love you (plutonically). It's my favorite Hitchcock movie of all time.

Instead of a cookie, could I have a sandwich?

Comment

mm, showers...and crazy men with large cutlery items.

*hands bskitty a wooden spoon for hand smacking occasions*
                look! it's ghengis khan!
                Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
                  SC: "......so nothing over here either?" *points to room map*
                  And that's when I take a piece of paper, cover the rest of the map with it, and point to the only spots left again. So that the stupid SC stops being distracted by the allure of rooms they can't have.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

If they only had a brain ~~
                    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Well technically, the hallways are considered public property and one can technically video tape into rooms that have the windows open as many private eyes have established thanks to the courts..... it still doesn't mean it isn't creepy, just legal.
                      I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

Working...
                      X