Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It would have only been better if he demanded the DM.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It would have only been better if he demanded the DM.

I had my number one SC today, I know this because this is the first time I actually got ready to trip the alarm and start throwing punches till the cops arrived.....

Mr. Entitlement walks up with a cup of ice and sets it down, asks me how much I tell him 29 cents, he says OK. I ring it up.

Mr. E: Not not really going to charge me for a cup of ice are you????
    (me thinks you havn't bought shit yet and only have a cup of ice)
    (BONUS POINTS he already has 50cents in his hands!!!!!)

some bitching, hands over money pissed. Doesn't have his rewards card. cash out transaction.

Mr E, DEMANDS $20 on pump, I repeat said order, he gives me pissed off look. I take gift card scan it, go to hand off receipt.

and MR E SNATCHES, no grabs, takes but VIOLENTLY snatches the stuff in my hand along with my pointer finger and nearly fucking breaks it. and mumbles something under his breath which I only assume is complaint about paying for ice, because at this point I'm contemplating going off, except our DM was in the store 15ft from me and I wasn't to sure about flipping out.

Although the nice old couple behind him wondered what his problem was and I told them, they were shocked he had such a big deal about that and pointed out they saw me about ready to throw down to defend myself from how hard he grabbed.
    Actually, it was such a reaction I didn't realize I started to go for a punch but backed off because he was walking away at that point but hell if you want to fight me over a 29 cent cup of ice I know plenty of cops that would love to throw his ass in jail for assault.

14hrs later my finger is still a little bit stiff and I really think I under reacted because I really believe that asshole intended to try and hurt me, of course... manager doesn't like when I go up to her and the DM and ask "I know we aren't supposed to punch customers but when they start attacking us over paying for ICE, can I take a break because if I don't get a few minutes I'm gonna snap"

Of course, If I see him again, I think I'm going to ask the police to swing by for fear of my safety, because I would love to see him try and fight 5 cops with steel batons instead of a cashier that is trying not to get fired. Borrowed co-worker seemed a little freaked out when she asked what would I use as a weapon to defend myself and I selected the coffee pot and highlighted some of its benefits.
    I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Did you file an accident report about the finger? I know it sounds petty, but if it does turn into further injury you'll want that on record.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth underemployeed View Post
      Borrowed co-worker seemed a little freaked out when she asked what would I use as a weapon to defend myself and I selected the coffee pot and highlighted some of its benefits.
      I always had something similar to this-and of course so I don't lose my keys the lanyard they hang on is usually attached to the top...really it's not for swinging it...
      Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
        Did you file an accident report about the finger? I know it sounds petty, but if it does turn into further injury you'll want that on record.
        I second this. They deserve higher premiums that claims cause. Why? Because the DM was right there while a sucktomer asked (to put it nicely) you for free stuff and said NOTHING. They allow their employees to be abused; they can pay the doctor bills. I always defend coworkers against SCs if I'm close enough to be involved, and if anyone doesn't like it, too bad. Can you tell assault makes me angry?
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
          I second this. They deserve higher premiums that claims cause. Why? Because the DM was right there while a sucktomer asked (to put it nicely) you for free stuff and said NOTHING. They allow their employees to be abused; they can pay the doctor bills. I always defend coworkers against SCs if I'm close enough to be involved, and if anyone doesn't like it, too bad. Can you tell assault makes me angry?
          To be fair, they were in the office talking and didn't see what happened because they were generally surprised especially my manager when I brought up throwing down with a customer in front of our DM.

However, I can also speculate hate the SC started throwing punches, and I managed to come out on top. They still would probably not given a shit.
          I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

steel water bottles are also quite handy in the self defense area, full or empty.
            look! it's ghengis khan!
            Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Working...
            X