This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Seeing The Signs

So, as you may recall my Mall was damaged by a tornado. Damage included tearing panels off of our 50+ foot sign facing the highway. The sign itself was undamaged and deemed stable, but panels advertising store names were blown away. The sign is on mall property, in a small field across from one of the parking lots. Around the perimeter of the field is a drainage gully and multiple 'no trespassing' signs.

So I'm doing my rounds, and see a pick-up truck in the field by the sign. Now with all the rain we've had, the field is WET and our own mall trucks actually got stuck out there while doing repair work. Needless to say, this truck had no business driving off the road and into the field. So I stop and ask him what he's doing (older guy)
    "I'm just looking at the sign."
    I told him to get out of the grass, he shouldn't be there and he could get stuck. He then pulled into the nearest parking lot, got out of his truck, and started crossing the road into the field on foot (the road around our parking lots also sports multiple 'No pedestrian traffic' signs) I told him to stop, and asked what he thought He was doing.

Aaaand, que a 5-min tirade about how our sign is dangerous and it's been damaged for an unacceptable amount of time and that pieces of it could fall and hurt someone and then they'd sue, punctuated by numerous "I know what I'm talking about lady!" and "Cause I work on signs Lady!" Then I notice he's wearing a shirt advertising a some local sign repair company that we've never worked with. I tell him point blank that we're aware of the damage, it's being worked on, and that if he's so worried about the safety of the sign to STAY AWAY FROM IT! He continues on his rant and I tell him to leave property if he's going to keep causing problems, because I know I can't trust him to stay away from that damn sign.

He got back into his truck and slooowly drives through the lots, weaving around, up and down every isle, certainly not leaving property and pulling-over every 30 feet or so to yell at me to "Stop harassing me lady!" He then parked in another store lot and started heading inside. I'd kept my boss up-to-date who recognized the guy as being the owner of the dinky sign company on the shirt, and said that he'd tried to get contracts with us before but we do not want to work with him! In her words "Tell him to get the HELL off my property!" So I stopped the guy and sternly told him that he'd been asked to leave by me, and now the manager was demanding he leave. Of course he started ranting about being harassed again as he got in his truck and finally left property. I gave his vehicle information to the manager because she may have plans on having him banned from the property Apparently, this isn't the only time he's given us problems. After seeing his level of professionalism, I'm sure I wouldn't want him working on our stuff - I mean, is that how you get new clients???
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

call the police and let them know you have a rather unpredictable tresspasser...then watch the show.
    look! it's ghengis khan!
    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
      call the police and let them know you have a rather unpredictable tresspasser...then watch the show.
      I would have, but unless he was immediately violent he would have been loooong gone by the time they got around to responding.
      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

The guy has issues..keep that info ready. You see him again, make a call to the police. He is now a tresspasser, time to treat him as such.
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Working...
        X