X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Few Gems (Sorry bit of language)

Yay my first post!!Ok I'll calm down now

Here's a couple of stories from my mart of K days many moons ago.

Mr I'm so much more important than you.

I was working checkouts on lovely Saturday morning(I really wanted to be at the beach, the waves were awesome), when mr I've got a masters degree, PHD, everything I touch turns to gold so bow down to me.

So I'm scanning his stuff through when I get to one of his shirts and so it begins, henceforth this guy will be referred to ad dumbshit or DS for short.

I scan the shirt and DS eyes get so big I thought they would pop out.

DS: "Oh hell fucking no, that shirt is x.xx not xx.xx, get me your supervisor NOW missy, I will not be ripped off" blargle, blargle, blargle.

So I get my sup and she calls the menswear department for a price check, as we're waiting he continued his rant.

DS "I can't believe you're making me wait, I have a masters in blah which means I'll make more money than you will ever see in your lifetime, I shouldn't have to wait!!"

ME:

By this time the sup has returned to inform him that it is indeed the right price he was looking at the tag next to it. Cue much screaming and ranting about how he's never wrong and how dare she tell him this as we are both beneath him and mean nothing.

Sup "just give it to him for the lower price"

I saw red, there was no way I was doing that so I suspended the sale, logged off and told her if that's what she wants to do she can do it herself on her own log in name so that when the higher ups query the price change it's not in my name.

With that I went to have lunch.

On the way to the break room we have.

Ms Drop everything and do as I tell you

I was just coming out of the break room to go to the cafe to get some lunch and a woman stopped me and asked where some obscure item is, I informed her where it was and I could see a coworker stand not even 20 feet away that she could have asked.

Woman "No, you will personally show me where to go and stop being a lazy cow"
    ME "I am not being paid at the moment, there is coworker, if you need any help he is more than happy to help you"

Woman"Bloody bitch"
    Me "Yes I am and proud of it"

I quit a week later.
    Last edited by Ree; 05-07-2011, 12:50 PM. Reason: Fixed tag

to !

We have plenty of around every corner, the is in back (if yer old enough ) and I'm sure someone will be along with cookies, bacon, or bacon cookies shortly. Nice first post!
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Oh you know very well that all bacon related products have been devoured almost as soon as they are mentioned.
      Bark like a chicken!

Comment

Let me add my voice to the warm welcome here! Yes, bacon products go quickly. Cookies and beverages are always plentiful. Just be sure not to spit either of them on your poor keyboard! As for your first story, what your sup SHOULD have done was walk DS back to the shirts and SHOW HIM the tags, rather than give in to him. With any luck, though, Karma will hit DS with a nasty bitch slap where it hurts the most. Karma is our friend, after all.
        "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Welcome fellow former slave of the SHC company.

Comment

Welcome!

For some reason I think he's overcompensating for something? My uncle is a professional moocher, but he know how to BS how awesome he is and what hard work he's doing when my grandmother's friends are in town visiting.
            https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

I'm sorry, and welcome.
              Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

to ! Remember, , don't go and keep a bottle of in your pocket! I didn't get any bacon cookies when I joined. Then again, I'm vegetarian.

Comment

Quoth Queen Bee View Post
                  ME "I am not being paid at the moment, there is coworker, if you need any help he is more than happy to help you"
                  'You're right, I'm sensing that you're having some difficulty understanding me, so let me translate... -moos loudly, does the slow plodding cow walk to the back room-"

And the I R So Important fellow with the degree... ugh, I hate them with a passion. Kudos to people who go to the trouble of getting a Masters, I would've gotten one myself, but I kinda like the concept of someday not paying loans on it until I'm 50 and the Bachelors didn't even get me (or the hubby, or pretty much everyone I knew that was also in my class) to where we would like to be job wise.

So good for you on having a masters in some obscure field, Mr. Man, can I suspect that likely you're not applying it to whatever job you're currently doing (Begging a job from your dad) and that all that supposed 'mad cash' you're gonna be making is going to go towards the 80k+ loans - hence why you're shopping at the Mart of K today and not at a Giorgio Armani?

Good post and welcome by the way!
                  Okay everyone, lets all point and laugh at him right about....

Now.

Comment

That last customer really pushed me over the edge after the first one, so sorry that me deserving a lunch break means I'm a lazy cow.

I'm human, gotta eat

Comment

The ones that like to spout off that they have <Insert Field> degree or certifications to throw their weight around are 99.9% full of shit. Those are my most hated SC's. The ones that make me wish there was a way I could punch them through the phone. Welcome to the boards, Queen Bee!
                      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

That last customer really pushed me over the edge after the first one, so sorry that me deserving a lunch break means I'm a lazy cow.

I'm human, gotta eat
                        Even cows have to eat, lazy or not.
                        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Yay my first post!!Ok I'll calm down now
                          ...oh, you don't need to
                          I have some choc chip cookies, if you want. The herbal tea is next to the couch. The herbal tea... well, that you'll need to find it for yourself
                          DS "I can't believe you're making me wait, I have a masters in blah which means I'll make more money than you will ever see in your lifetime, I shouldn't have to wait!!"
                          ...so shop at freakin' Poshoramadale, you cheap twat.
                          Sup "just give it to him for the lower price"
                          I saw red, there was no way I was doing that so I suspended the sale, logged off and told her if that's what she wants to do she can do it herself on her own log in name so that when the higher ups query the price change it's not in my name.
                          Good call, I'd say. Good call indeed.
                          Isn't this when you sue her for insulting you?
                          Woman"Bloody bitch"
                          ...maybe THIS is?
                          FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

You're not a unique snowflake unless you create your own mould (Raps)

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

Comment

Working...
                          X