This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi. Can I steal this?

Recently, I had a SC come up to me, with a few items before the checkout area. They point to a small and semi-valuable item they have.

SC: Hi. Can I have a paid sticker for this?
    M: Unfortunately, we don't have paid stickers. If you would like I can ring it up for you and tape a receipt to it to prove you paid.
    SC: uhhhhh, that's OK. I guess I'll pay at the, uh, other register.
    M: ok.

The walk off and I immediately call LP and give the all the info I can. They watched and had several managers and employees walk by and ask them for help. After the 2nd or third person, they dumped said item on a shelf and paid for the rest.

Subtle as a car driving through the window, with the driver carrying a brick with a note attached and gently placing it on the floor amidst the rubble.

Comment

Thanks for the visual it made me laugh, made even better by the fact that I'm watching The Green Hornet.
      ......../\
      ....../__\
      ..../\...../\
      ../__\../__\

Comment

That's what I'm here for. I do visuals.

Comment

Wow, talk about nerve. I wonder if that's ever worked for them somewhere else.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Probably in a scenario that involved little kids getting stickers. Or it was so busy at whatever place they shopped at that they were able to get the paid sticker and get out before loss prevention caught on to it. (Or if it's anything like the places I worked at, there's only one loss prevention officer to cover a store the size of a city block and they were able to get away with their little scam)

Honestly, there are entire professional groups that pull this sort of thing, so I wouldn't be surprised if it worked for them.

Comment

Working...
            X