This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great Sandwich Hunt

A woman walks into our store and asks if we have premade sandwiches. I say no but the deli can make sandwiches for her. She walks back towards the deli, stops, and suddenly heads back to the register.

C: "Um....they don't have any sandwiches there. I need a deli that makes sandwiches."

TH: They do make sandwiches. Just go back and ask."

C: "But they don't have any out."

TH: "That's because they don't premake them, but they do make them."

C: "Oh, they should make it more obvious."

Forget the big ass sign with the list of sandwiches prices and ingredients. Or any of the fun facts that I just told her. No, somehow they need to make things more obvious for her.

She walks back and I overhear her ask the deli clerk "Do you have any of them prepackaged tuna salad or ham sandwiches." The clerk tells her that he can make her a fresh one but she shakes her head and starts walking out.

Her final parting shot is that we really, really, need to carry those prepackaged ones. I can't believe that she'd turn down a freshly made sandwich in favor of some vacuum sealed monstrosity that has been sitting in a cooler for who knows how long.

But to each their own, but when someone tells you they don't carry something, trust me, they don't carry it.
    My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Why do SCs think that the employees are Link from Zelda...

...we do not have the mystical ability to conceal a bow and arrow, digging gloves, a magic cane, bottles, big jars, etc, in our asses.

We do not have infinite space to pull what they want from...

Oh wait, I forgot where I was.
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
      Why do SCs think that the employees are Link from Zelda....
      It's probably a good thing that I'm not. I would always think of SCs as fish and have some fun with my bow and arrows Kaayyyyy?

sorry...I just finished that game
      Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

I can actually understand SC's frustration a bit. I recently had to travel, and was in a town in the middle of nowhere where there was no fast food and I was hungry (I was about to do lots of physical labor helping to prep a summer camp...not something you want to do on an empty stomach). I didn't have a lot of time, so I found a chain grocery store and went in, and I was really surprised that they didn't have premade sandwiches.

Of course, I didn't throw a fit. I just got a fresh-made sandwich and left. I'd already parked, and it would have just taken more time to go find something else (especially since I didn't know the area, and they didn't seem to have anything else except sit-down restaurants).

Yeah, it takes a little longer to pre-make a sandwich, but it doesn't take that much longer (though in my case, the world's-most-apathetic employee did take forever and I only had time to take a few mouthfuls before the work started, but that's an issue with the employee and not the process). It would take more time to find another store that would sell them, so just get a fresh sandwich already!
        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Depending on where you are, those pre-made vacuum-packed sandwiches are also dirt cheap and fresh-made ones more expensive. They also have a nutrition label, if you're tracking that stuff. All depends on what your needs are, I suppose.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Perhaps she was on a scavenger hunt and that was the only item left in order to get a perfect score! And it specified pre-made, vaccumsealed

Comment

I've had the opposite happened when at the store with friends. Since I have food allergies, prepackaged stuff rarely meets up with the standard. So more often than not I dish out the extra money to get something fresh from the deli. Though once on a road trip, we got to the store after the deli was closed. So my solution was to just grab some croissant from the bakery. My friend did not like that.

She complained to every person she could find whether they were working there, or shopping. It was so embarrassing.
              Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
              Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

sorry, the ass-o-matic does not dispense food items; however, it does dispense hotel rooms as per sc specs, lawn chairs, hot wheels, umbrellas, cell phone contracts that have no fine print or requirements to pay, bills without balances and petrol coupons that never expire.
                look! it's ghengis khan!
                Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Working...
                X