This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Which I "Tell Off A Customer.

(First post from my ipad, yay! I might have to get Forum Runner but I've spent too much in the past 2 days so not yet.)

Another customer locked their dog in their car again. *sigh* Other Customer was getting completely up in his case about it and Guy was getting really mad at her. As gently as I could, I explained that she was right, the dog could overheat and to be careful next time. He calms down a little bit and leaves, very shamed. I don't think I was sucky, I tried being as gentle as I could. Ah well.

Bonus:Psycho

This happened last night just as the pharmacy is closing. Guy calls in and is talking extremely fast about Lorazapine before I even have the greeting finished yet. i say "Sir, you have the front store. The pharmacy is closing for the night." Guy goes BALLISTIC and starts freaking out that I shorted him his meds and he doesn't eat them like a fucking drug addict, blah blah blah. I transfer him to the pharmacy.

Seriously? Why do you ignore my statement of I am not a pharmacist?
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Ugh, I hate when people do that to their dogs. I mean the poor things can get really sick and dehydrated if they are left in the car, especially if the window is up. Though I do know people who rail against mistreating pets by leaving them in the car with the windows shut, then do the same thing to their children.

Also, crazy drug guy sounds scary.

WOO iPad!
    Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
    Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

When we took our dog out (a mini doxie) it was NEVER in summer when it was hot. When it was fall or winter, yes, but we would always fill the two back cupholders with water so she could have it to drink.

Some people, honestly...
      My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

It's not just in cars either - a couple of summers ago, a customer tied up their dog outside the front of our store and left it there, in full blazing hot sun (I mean it was merciless that day) with no water and no way of getting into any shade. The poor thing was panting so much it was making a wet patch on the ground.
        We got water for it and kept shouting on the PA but nobody came so we got the RSPCA out. The owners were sat in the coffee shop, oblivious - until they came out and got torn off a strip by the RSPCA man.
        Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
          The owners were sat in the coffee shop, oblivious - until they came out and got torn off a strip by the RSPCA man.
          Good! A serious public shaming is what's needed in many cases.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Critters have feelings, well critters have feelings
            Critters have feelings too, critters have feelings
            Oh critters have feelings, what's a critter gonna do

-- Hoodwinked Soundtrack
            Seshat's self-help guide:
            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

If she thought that dogs don't overheat while sitting in a car (regardless of the temps outside) then she's just plain a freakin' idiot. The other guy was a psycho plain out.
              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
                he doesn't eat them like a fucking drug addict
                With that kind of reaction, it sounds like he does

And people who treat dogs like that certainly don't deserve to have one. Last summer at the flea market someone left their Jack Russell in a car with the windows up on a very hot day. They announced it over the intercom a few times, but nobody answered. After a while someone smashed the car window and got the dog out. The poor thing was half dead.. it was really sad.
                !
                "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

If the phone guy was talking about "lorazepam", it's used as part of detox for alcoholics. His Dr. might have prescribed it to him to stop the D.T.'s. So he might have been rushed because the little pink elephants were waiting to use the phone.
                  "Them boys ain't zombies! They're just stupid!"

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
                    (First post from my ipad, yay! I might have to get Forum Runner but I've spent too much in the past 2 days so not yet.)
                    My ipad shipped from china yesterday! (sorry to threadjack!) Forum runner is great on my ipod touch, I don't think I will be able to resist...
                    There Can Be Only One

Comment

Working...
                    X