This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD Player=srs bsns!

Early in my shift SC complains his TV's sound isn't working properly. At 10:30 there's only so much I can do, but I offer to allow him to switch rooms all the way to (wait for it) next door!

He later calls and asks for directions to get some flowers in the morning. I give him directions that's on the way to where he's trying to get to. He tells me I've been very helpful. And then...

He asks how to get DVD players working on our TV's. Unfortunately for him, you can't. No DVD players, X Box, PS3, or Wii. Sucks for those involved but sadly such a thing is impossible.

That's when he turns into a giant douche demanding free ppv movies. When I tell him that's not possible due to it being through a 3rd party, he gets EW on me.

"Let me get ths straight. You're elling me you're not empowered to help satisfy the customer? Is this what I'm hearing?"

Yes, Mr. Douche, that's right. I only wish I could untell you the directions I gave you because you say I'm so unhelpful. I wish I could inflict your new room's TV with poor sound because I've obviously been so unhelpful even though that's the best I can do with what I have right now.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

We have the same problem. You can't hook up your DVD players to our TVs. Not without something like an RF modulator. And if you suggest that to a guest, they give you a confused look and scream "What the f*** are you talking about?!?!?" So I just tell people there's no way. (Hopefully when I'm staying there and Hubs has hooked something up to one of our TVs he has the curtains drawn, otherwise they might see him and I'd have to go into a long explanation about adapters that I don't want to go into anymore.)
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

not empowered
      Yeah, here's the bit he was not understanding. What a jerk.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

So.... Laptop? Portable DVD player? Not an option? (Mom and I are not fan of the local TV stations when we go to *city* plus I can hook up my ipod to the laptop as a wireless remote, for the lazy).

*looks where she is* WELL, OF COURSE! IT WOULD MAKE SENSE!
        Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
          (Hopefully when I'm staying there and Hubs has hooked something up to one of our TVs he has the curtains drawn, otherwise they might see him and I'd have to go into a long explanation about adapters that I don't want to go into anymore.)
          Yes, he stays here often for work (don't have to say it's your work!) and brings his own equipment. As he says 'when you stay somewhere often, it's worth bringing the equipment with you'

Comment

I have a friend who actually travels with an RF mod for their PS3. I have known only three people to travel with their PS3, and one of them does it just so if the house gets broken into they will still have their PS3.
            Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
            Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

I was rarely empowered to help the customer.

Which made me wonder why the heck they hired me.

Comment

The next day he was totally polite and not an asshole to my supervisor. After reading GK's post and the replies, I'm thinking there might be more than one person out there with an asshole switch.
                To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth hinakiba777 View Post
                  I have a friend who actually travels with an RF mod for their PS3. I have known only three people to travel with their PS3, and one of them does it just so if the house gets broken into they will still have their PS3.
                  I have traveled with my 360 several times, including as a carry-on twice involving air travel. I carry both a modulator for older tvs, and a tool for accessing the coax cable if they have an anti-removal device on there, and won't remove it on request. I always put it back before I checkout, though.

Most places I stay are pretty good about letting me hook it up, though. I only have used the tool twice, and most places are upgrading to TVs that have the video-mono-stereo jacks.

The one time I travelled with my PS3, I had Valkyria Chronicles with me, and my friend bought one within a week of me leaving.
                  The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                  "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                  Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Lets not anger the DVR overlords .. after all we now have a computer who can supposedly think..it is only a matter of time before the electronics rise up and take over.
                    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Working...
                    X