Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everybody feel sorry for my manager....

because she had to spend her entire, half-hour lunch break on the phone with some old fossil, trying to convince her you don't automatically get a discount every time you use your loyalty card, because A). you only get a discount on specially-marked items when you use the card and B). senior days only happen once a month.

Half an hour she was on the phone with this person.

That was a "shut up and hang up" call if I've ever seen one.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

aww I do feel bad for you manager
    Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
    Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Kinda tough for me to feel sorry for a salaried individual who can go on their break after taking to the old bag. Although explaining things to old folks can be frustrating sometimes. So, she gets a little sympathy by default.
      Dammit !! ~ Jack Bauer

Comment

I feel for her, the way I feel for the pharmacists and all of their assistants and other workers in the pharmacy every time I go to Walgreens to pick up my script and all the fossils are interrupting everyone to ask about hearing aids or price matching or stuff that the pharmacists really aren't responsible for knowing.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

She has my sympathy.
          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Sounds like the call I overheard last week. While visiting my mom, I was in my store's outlet store. Now we have outlet stores, and they have an "online" outlet, where sometiems they mark stuff down an additional 75% - but as we all know, SCs can't read.

now the outlet store is new; only open about 3 weeks or so, so many employees are new to teh company. Corporate sends out emails, for all retail, outlet and ONLINE outlet deals and promos, but one has to READ to know which applies to which. So I hear the employee saying to the person on the other end "I'm not sure what you mean, we have these items at x % off, and so forth, but nothing at 75% off" She could not get the other person off the phone. So when i went to pay, i said I wasn't eavesdropping, but the 75% off they wer talking about is the ONLINE outlet only. She said oh, thank you, good to know, as the other person kept trying to read to her what she was seeing.

Comment

That's when you pull the ol' "hang up the phone mid word so it sounds like something else happened" trick.

Comment

First, not all managers are salaried. I certainly never was.

Second, your poor manager. Hopefully she got some sustenance somewhere during the day.
                "I'm starting to see a pattern in the men I date" - Miss Piggy, Muppet Treasure Island

I'm writing!! Check out the blog.

Comment

Apparently, some of our cashiers, in an attempt to push the loyalty card, are describing it to customers as a "discount card."

That would explain so much about that call.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                  X