This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lend me an air gauge!!

I'm on register A with a line 5 deep. SC comes in the door and comes right up to me and interrupts my transaction:

SC: Do you have an air gauge I could use?
    Me: Um, I know we have some for sale, but I can--
    SC: (immediately screaming) ALWAYS WANTING MONEY! WHATEVER HAPPENED TO CUSTOMER SERVICE!? THIS IS TERRIBLE! *stomps out door*
    Me: ... ask my manager for you...
    My next customer: Jeez what the hell is his problem?
    Me: I really don't know!

Could you at least listen to my whole sentence before you blow your top? How the hell do you know if we have bad service if you won't even listen long enough for me to try and serve you? He then sent someone else in to ask the same question. I got the manager. And we don't lend out air gauges. Our air pump actually had a gauge on the nozzle but some SC stole it and the replacement doesn't have a gauge.

When I worked at the gas station, we had to keep replacing our loaner gauge because people kept stealing it!
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

If he's not buying anything, he's not a customer, therefore it's not poor customer service?

Comment

We keep one in the drawer beside the register at the c-store. Shockingly, it hasn't been stolen yet! As for the guy...Impatience, much? Wow.
        "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

It's a dollar for a cheap gauge, people! Honestly!

Comment

Really. That should be one of the things you always keep in your car anyway.

Comment

Quoth parresa View Post
              Our air pump actually had a gauge on the nozzle but some SC stole it and the replacement doesn't have a gauge.
              why would anyone steal an air pump nozzle?
              Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Oh, lord. We had people at the shop trying to use our air all the time. One guy even drove up, blocked the bay door and tried attaching his own air chuck to the hose (different fitting, so it didn't work). He got confused when we yelled at him.
                "You are beginning to damage my calm."

Comment

People will steal anything not bolted down to the counter......

Digital gauges are so much better and easier.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

People will unbolt anything bolted to the counter, if left unattended.

Comment

Quoth Raveni View Post
                      And steal the bolts too.
                      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

ALWAYS WANTING MONEY!
                        Hey, he's starting to catch on! It is a business, after all.
                        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                          Quoth Raveni View Post
                          Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                          And steal the bolts too.
                          And they'll use a stolen wrench. At a previous job, I've remarked that half of (group X) will steal anything that's not nailed down - and the rest carry claw hammers.

A few years ago, I was walking past the service counter (on way back from the washroom) at a truck stop when someone asked to borrow the air chuck (the hoses had the coupler, and people had to get the chuck from the service counter). Turns out the chuck had been stolen about a week earlier. Since this was an overnight stop for me, I offered to lend the driver mine (stayed with him the whole time) - which was a fancier one than the truck stop had used (included a gauge).

Before I got into trucking, I was paying for my gas at a place that handled both "bigs" and "littles", when someone came in asking if they sold jumper cables. They didn't, and the clerk referred them to another store which (I knew) had closed for the day about half an hour earlier. I asked them if they wanted to get a set to carry, or if they just needed a jump start. Turns out it was the latter. They were in line at a fuel pump on the "bigs" side, on a hot day, and the reefer unit on their trailer had a dead battery. Picture a subcompact with its nose up to the side of an 18 wheeler jump starting the reefer unit. Note that when convenience stores (even those at truck stops) sell jumper cables, they're the cheap 10 gauge 8 foot ones (for cars, nose to nose) which would not have reached. Fortunately, the ones I routinely carry in my car are the medium-duty kind (6 gauge 16 feet) - and the ones in my truck are 2 gauge 20 feet (long enough to reach from the aisleway to the "catwalk" battery box on a Freightliner, and beefy enough to crank a big-bore diesel - one former co-worker with battery trouble needed a jump start 2 Mondays in a row, first time I told him what kind to get, second time he had brand new "Crappy Tire" 8 gauge 12 foot cables that wouldn't reach, and the guy who was trying to help him had a similar but older set - they were hooked up end to end, but wouldn't crank the engine - got mine out, and it fired right up).
                          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                            Quoth Raveni View Post
                            Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                            And steal the bolts too.
                            And if they have a big enough getaway vehicle they'll steal that unattended counter.

Comment

Quoth Raveni View Post
                              Frankly, I'm waiting for the day when some of our more "valued" *coughbullshitcough* customers show up with their own bolt cutters.
                              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                              X