Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SETTLE! Don't make me get the spray bottle...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SETTLE! Don't make me get the spray bottle...

A guy bought a part from me an hour ago. As it's Monday (read: have been off since Friday), there are a considerable amount of orders in front of him.

So how about he just messaged me asking why it hadn't been shipped yet.

Fucking. Hell. It's been an HOUR since he bought this thing. ONE HOUR. On a $20 part that you didn't even bother getting anything except basic cheap (read: sloooooow) shipping. If he had gotten 2-day shipping or express and asked for a rush, I would have probably done it.

Good. Freaking. GOD.

It's Monday, Y'all!
    "You are beginning to damage my calm."

Yes, but in their mind it should be delivered 20 minutes before they realise their need of it.
    *gives Betweenshades coffee, cake & the Luser a good kick up the arse*

Comment

Yeah. These people.

Had a funeral home call and want to know why they didn't get their proof of a death notice with the deceased's photo. They sent the photo FIVE MINUTES AGO. Jeebus, let us get the damn thing and send it to processing before you freak, eh?
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Plus there is the SC time differential. Five minutes can equal maybe even more then an hour..I wouldn't even want to know how long two days could equal...
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

He's asking if you shipped it. Unless you do local deliveries, that means "sometime today" is shipping it in a timely fashion, because shipping it early morning versus early afternoon isn't going to make a bit of difference.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Most people, in my experience, don't know that morning/afternoon makes no difference. I get a ton with simple pieces of mail that ask my pickup time. Once they find it won't depart until *gasp* 5PM, they go in search of the elusive "earlier pickup". They do it for UPS and FedEx drop offs too, even when they're flat out told the pickup time makes zero difference.

Comment

Quoth The Grim Shipper View Post
              Once they find it won't depart until *gasp* 5PM, they go in search of the elusive "earlier pickup". They do it for UPS and FedEx drop offs too, even when they're flat out told the pickup time makes zero difference.
              Ugh, my *boss* is one of those people. He would flip out if his package didn't get there first thing in the morning. Never mind that he'd tell me to drop it off the previous day...and UPS/DHL wouldn't even pick up the drop box until 5pm. The real kicker? He insisted on paying for "early" shipping (which DHL once offered), and actually tried to write me up when I told him not to bother. At our main office, the DHL guy only came around in the afternoon...so to pay for an "earlier" delivery would have been pointless. He ignored me, and told me to do it anyway. It must be nice having that much money to waste
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                Ugh, my *boss* is one of those people. He would flip out if his package didn't get there first thing in the morning. Never mind that he'd tell me to drop it off the previous day...and UPS/DHL wouldn't even pick up the drop box until 5pm. The real kicker? He insisted on paying for "early" shipping (which DHL once offered), and actually tried to write me up when I told him not to bother. At our main office, the DHL guy only came around in the afternoon...so to pay for an "earlier" delivery would have been pointless. He ignored me, and told me to do it anyway. It must be nice having that much money to waste
                I still get plenty of folks who don't understand that the delivery guarantees are select zip codes only. Granted, "select zip codes" is most of the U.S. now, but there still a lot of places that don't get 10:30am guaranteed service. Some places are noon, others are 3pm, still others only guarantee End of Day. We have more options than most local shippers since we use all the major carriers (not being wedded to a brand can be awesome), but if it's really that rural there's not much to be done other than shoot it out and pray.

Comment

Working...
                X