Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you mean you need ALL my credit card info??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you mean you need ALL my credit card info??

SC: You know...
    CSR: Me

SC calls up and is nice as pie at first. She wants to make a change to an order but we can only do that on the same calendar day the order was placed so we have to place a new order and then adjust the first order accordingly. This was going along swimmingly until:

CSR: OK, your merchandise subtotal is A, tax is B, shipping is C, so your total cost will be D. And I apologize but I am not able to bring up a saved credit card number so I will need to ask you for the information again.
    SC: OK...let me see if I can find it...not sure where it is...
    CSR: OK, thank you <waits for a minute or so>
    SC: The number is XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.
    CSR: Thank you, and the expiration date please?
    SC: I don't have it.
    CSR: I'm sorry, SC, but I can't place the order without the expiration date, would you like to call back with that information? I can put the order on hold for a short time...
    SC: So how am I supposed to get it? If I call my bank do you think they're going to just give me my expiration date? I don't think so!
    CSR: I understand, but I need that information to place the order.
    SC: Well I'll just do it on the website then, I don't need the expiration date there.
    CSR: OK...<finishes spiel>

I could actually picture her head spinning around and getting ready to vomit pea soup on me...really, what makes someone go from perfectly nice to extremely rude and condescending in a split second over something like the expiration date on a credit card?? Sad, sad people out there. By the way, I take calls for a store that caters to the, shall we say, well-to-do population...
    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Does her credit card not have the expiration date displayed??

Comment

She doesn't have it? Um....it's on the card. If she has the number, she should have the expiration date. Good grief.
      "Imagine that. Human souls, trapped like flies in the World Wide Web, stuck forever, crying out for help."-The Doctor
      "Isn't that basically Twitter?"-Clara

Comment

Maybe she wrote the number down and put it in her wallet... but then she probably would have written down the exp date and the CSV too...
        "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth BeenThereDoneThat View Post
          Maybe she wrote the number down and put it in her wallet... but then she probably would have written down the exp date and the CSV too...
          Sadly, I can see people writing their CC number on paper and keeping that in their walled instead of the actual cars which is designed to fit in a wallet.

Comment

She's not the only one who's been annoyed about me having to ask for CC info again either..."don't you have it on file? I shop with you all the time". Well, with the amount of money our customers spend, it's a REAL good idea for us not to have access to the full credit card number OR to be able to pull it up. I could pull it up from one order and apply it to someone else's.

Comment

the worst part. She thinks she can order somethign online without the exp date.

News flash lady, you gotta have that AND the three digit security code to do so.

She sounded to me like someone who stole a card.
              I can only please one person a day, today isn't your day, and tomorrow doesn't look good either.

When someone asks you a stupid question, give them a stupid answer.

Comment

Quoth surreal20 View Post
                She sounded to me like someone who stole a card.
                That's what I was thinking. At best, it sounds a bit dodgy.
                A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Bat Credit Card?
                  "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

Quoth surreal20 View Post
                    the worst part. She thinks she can order somethign online without the exp date.

News flash lady, you gotta have that AND the three digit security code to do so.
                    You'd think that would be the case, but I've run across some credit cards that would go through with the wrong expiration date entirely. I don't know who their card provider was, but I wouldn't do business with them, ever.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

She also might have had her credit card bill. My bill has my number on it, but doesn't have the exp date.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                        You'd think that would be the case, but I've run across some credit cards that would go through with the wrong expiration date entirely. I don't know who their card provider was, but I wouldn't do business with them, ever.

^-.-^

I have major difficulty with my debit card-it's valid until 2019 , and I've had it for two years....know how many online retailers don't have drop downs that go out that far? However most of them have been more than happy to adjust it within a few days so I could place my order
                        Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Crazyofficeclerk has the right idea...we get people all the time who are reading their card number off the statement, which doesn't list the exp. date. I've even had a few who had the card number memorized!

And yeah...online stores want all that info, too.
                          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                            Crazyofficeclerk has the right idea...we get people all the time who are reading their card number off the statement, which doesn't list the exp. date. I've even had a few who had the card number memorized!
                            Only I also be sure to remember expiration date and 3 digit code.
                            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I have my card number, exp. date, and security code memorized. It helps when I find myself needing to book a hotel at the last minute. I have two simple rules when I call to find if there are rooms open 1. Be nice. the person I'm talking to can't control if the hotel is booked, but they can control where in the hotel I'm placed and 2. Have all the info you need to book in case there is an opening. I know I hate it when I ask someone for information and hear the "uh, hang on, let me find it...."

People never seem to understand how I get the nice rooms.

Comment

Working...
                              X