Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Really, now- what goes through your mind when you do this?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth ShadowBall View Post
    the problem ones are usually people who say, "Durrr, can you list this item with a Buy It Now price so I can buy it for my child?"

Nooooo, because I clearly say in every item description that I want everyone to have a fair shot at winning the item. You are not too special for the rules, so you can go fuck off if you think you are. The End. The last fucker who gave me the "Do this for me because I have children" sob story got a Buy It Now price listed for about five times the starting bid (in other words, absolutely not worth it). Needless to say, that same person just placed a bid like everyone else and ended up winning anyway.
    And that is why in instances like this, the Buy It Now price I mention is at least twice the starting bid. That way if someone wants it that desperately, they can have it, but at least they'll be making up lost bids for me.
    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
    - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
    X