Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Returns should be an escape from SCs, right?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returns should be an escape from SCs, right?

Well, not exactly. I was putting away returns and I had my cart to the side just about against the shelf of products. I was standing to the side a little bit outside the cart. All of a sudden this woman comes barreling through the aisle with her cart and I hear her yell out "I am not going to go out of my way for you AGAIN! I'm telling the manager!" My cart was in no way blocking her path out of the aisle and she had enough room to get past with it and me standing. Psycho b*tch.

Also, a man was standing by the seafood counter and complained that he had been standing there for a half hour and no one was coming to help him. I had the area in view at least twice during that timeframe while doing returns and didn't see him there until this time.

Naw, honey, you're still in the store. There is no escape when you're on the clock. Or even when you're off. How many times have you been stopped on the way out of the store after your shift? Have they ever followed you in to the bathroom, or breakroom, or down the street?

Yeah, try not to think about it. It's easier if you create a shiny happy world full of kittens and sparkles inside your head and go live in it.

Bailey's helps too.
    What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

They stop me when I'm in on my days off (I'm unfortunately very identifiable with pink streaks in my bangs).
      Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
      Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

No easily identifiable marks are even needed. More then SIX years after I worked in Wal-mart..I STILL have people coming up to me thinking I am a CSM. Sure..I am .. a bit big..but if you put me in a crowd..I blend in pretty well..I think they have some sort of built in radar or something..
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

You help them once, they expect it every time. People seem shocked when they see me not at the Little shop of horrors and I tell them it's my day off. Doubly shocked when I won't help them with something.
          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
            I think they have some sort of built in radar or something..
            This is a problem that many of us share. It's called the Aura of Competence, and it only grows more intense over time. Unfortunately, SC's in particular seem to be able to sense this aura from a good 200 yards outside of the store itself >_>
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth jjc927 View Post
              Returns should be an escape from SCs, right?
              Your naivete is so cute...
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                This is a problem that many of us share. It's called the Aura of Competence, and it only grows more intense over time. Unfortunately, SC's in particular seem to be able to sense this aura from a good 200 yards outside of the store itself >_>
                I have this. People ask me questions at the train station, shops, restaurants... the lot. Even if its the first time I've been there and I'm twice as lost as they are!
                I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                  I get this all the damn time and I have never worked in any store in this state. It doesn't even matter how ridiculous I dress or how many people are with me calling me "mom".
                  Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

I was in a mart of wal in another county with my child and some SC still wanted me to help them.

SC-I know you work for mart of wal so that means you have to help me.....(Bs I do)

Comment

How exactly did that person know you work in another Walmart? That's just scary.

Comment

Quoth jjc927 View Post
                        How exactly did that person know you work in another Walmart? That's just scary.
                        For me I know it is the 'My soul has been crushed from my body' look that I get every time I walk through a Wall of Mart door. They see the absolute look of defeat, and just assume I work there .
                        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I have worked at my store for 10 yrs. the other store is about 20 mins away we share customers.

Comment

Working...
                          X