This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah...you wouldn't want to be rude

I forgot to post this one yesterday. I was workin front cash at the fast food place. Around 10pm or so a guy comes in blabbing away on his cell phone...oh joy.

Phone Man: Yeah so I told her..
    Me: Hi how are you today?
    PM: *holds up one finger telling me to hold on* ..she's being unreasonable. I mean guys have to be guys! Am I right? I gotta go hang with the boys more than once a week! Hold on a sec man... Hi.. I'm putting him on mute so you can have my full attention
    Me: Oh that's nice of you
    PM: I want (insert order)
    Me: Is that it?
    PM: Yeah...*picks up phone* I'm back. sorry about that. I'm at Taco Bell gettin food...
    Me: Your total is (insert total)
    PM: ...and I didn't want to be rude to the cashier. Anyway, so what do you wanna do tomarrow? I was....what's my total?
    Me: Total.
    PM: Oh ok...I was thinking...

Yeah...THAT'S the customer who didn't want to be rude by talking on his phone and ignoring me
    Answers: $1
    Correct Answers: $2
    Answers that require thought: $5
    Dumb looks are still free.

At least you had part of his attention. I've read threads on here where sometimes a line was tied up forever because the cusotmer would not do their thing until after they had finished up their phone call. Could have been worse.

Comment

*sigh* Cell phones suck. Worse are the folks with bluetooths who don't even acknowledge they're on the phone. And since I don't see the phone, I assume they're talking to me. So when they ask "How ya doin' today girl?!" I will respond politely. Which always results in getting the look and having them snap they weren't talking to me.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I am personally not a big fan of those bluetooths as I have had the same thing happen to me
        Also I just think it looks weird when you see someone go by who's using one. They look like they're talking to themselves (1 reason why I will never buy one). And then my best friend bought a bluetooth and started using one. Every time he answered his cell, I always had to hear "Hold on a second", more like 10 or 15 seconds actually), I finally told him he was better off without it if we had to go through this charade EVERY SINGLE TIME. I thought bluetooths were supposed to make cells easier to use?

Comment

When I worked at Kinko's and was working the counter, you damn straight better have been over your conversation by the time you made it to the front of the line or you'd get passed over with extreme prejudice. You either had better been gearing up to tell me your order or at the very least I needed to hear, "Okay, I gotta go, bye." coming out of your mouth.

Ain't nobody in that place had time for that foolishness. You hold up forty frantic customers and a dozen adrenaline junkie Kinkoids so you can finish a phone conversation, a bloody riot would have broken out.

If I was running register, I was more forgiving, because people really did conduct a lot of business in that place. However, your business had better not impede ours or I'd run over your conversation. My patience only goes so far.

Comment

I just disregard the phone, and proceed to talk as I would to any other customer. If they don't get with the program, I just motion the next customer to step up. If there are no other customers waiting in line, I just go back to whatever I was doing before, and take my time getting back to them when they are finally ready.
            The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe
              *sigh* Cell phones suck. Worse are the folks with bluetooths who don't even acknowledge they're on the phone. And since I don't see the phone, I assume they're talking to me. So when they ask "How ya doin' today girl?!" I will respond politely. Which always results in getting the look and having them snap they weren't talking to me.
              Which is why I like my iPhone headphones. Plus I have the tendency to make sure the mic is in front if my mouth, making it fairly obvious I'm talking to someone.
              Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
              Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

*giggles* he DID try. You gotta give him that. Thought he only was half successful :P
                I can only please one person a day, today isn't your day, and tomorrow doesn't look good either.

When someone asks you a stupid question, give them a stupid answer.

Comment

Working...
                X