Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am striving to become edumacated, however, I realize that education does not equal intelligence, or even in some cases knowledge..at all. I've known people with masters that I wonder how they are able to know how to breath. I've known people who never went passed 1st grade that could look at a wagon and tell you not only how much of something was in it .. but how much it was worth..to the last penny..and never be wrong.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

what mytical said; education is only useful when actually put to use, which apparently, 'ms. manners' wasn't aware of.
      look! it's ghengis khan!
      Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
        You hit the nail on the head.

If she were really as educated as she claims to be, she'd know any honest job that pays REAL money for REAL work is, in fact, a REAL job.

I think we've all heard similar comments thrown at us over the years. To me, all these people who do that are the same: pathetic and ignorant.

Have some chocolate . . . it helps.
        But how would I know a customer is a good customer unless s/he declares it loud enough for the entire store to hear it? Or how would I know someone's a good tipper unless they told me? /sarcasm.
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
          I am striving to become edumacated, however, I realize that education does not equal intelligence, or even in some cases knowledge..at all. I've known people with masters that I wonder how they are able to know how to breath. I've known people who never went passed 1st grade that could look at a wagon and tell you not only how much of something was in it .. but how much it was worth..to the last penny..and never be wrong.
          Actually my mom's boss can't spell for beans Examples:
          wedding vows= wedding vowels
          specific= pacific
          dinner=diner

and this woman is a college educated manager who holds quite a bit of power in a very big company. I haven't gone to college at all yet and i'm a team member at a fast food place and I can spell better than she can
          Answers: $1
          Correct Answers: $2
          Answers that require thought: $5
          Dumb looks are still free.

Comment

Quoth Kisa View Post
            Actually my mom's boss can't spell for beans Examples:
            wedding vows= wedding vowels
            specific= pacific
            dinner=diner
            www.damnyouautocorrect.com ? Sounds like it anyway .

Comment

I get that all the time; people saying that I need to go back to school and learn how to add. Even if it's the register that messed something up, it's somehow still all my fault.
              Confessions of a Cashier

Comment

I really dont understand the whole "Get a real job" mentality.. You are exchanging labour for wages, I'm pretty sure that's a basic definition of the term JOB..

Sounds like no matter how the transaction went, that woman was going to be a snotty cow, and was most likely going to find fault in something you did, whether real or imagined!

Good luck with college!
                "You're perfect yes it's true, but without meeeee you're only you!"

Comment

"You're educated? You're a great example of how $50k will buy 4 years of college, but it doesn't buy a shred of tact or class. Have a nice day."
                  Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

Quoth Blade_Raver View Post
                    "You're educated? You're a great example of how $50k will buy 4 years of college, but it doesn't buy a shred of tact or class. Have a nice day."
                    If that's what 50K will buy you, then I'm glad I didn't waste that kind of money.
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                      If that's what 50K will buy you, then I'm glad I didn't waste that kind of money.
                      Agreed! Same here!

Note: Don't construe this as hatred towards anyone who has a college degree. You're most likely a lot classier than the SC douchebag that the OP was talking about.
                      Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

Working...
                      X