This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...Well that didn't take long.

I am newly employed (*happydance*) at....we'll call it Red Star, in the mall. I've worked about eight days now, and I already have stories. Yay.

What, but, you...GAH!
    Last night, I spent an hour helping this ...lady find a serving platter in our fine china section for under $30. We had three. She hated them all.

An hour later, after going through many different stock rooms, I found one she liked. An hour. A f**king hour with the most infuriating person I've ever met (and I'll meet worse, I know, don't remind me *groan*)going over prices over and over, but finally, she's happy. We found a bowl she liked.

B*tch returned it, unopened, today.

Common theme, here
    We've been having a sale for Memorial day. Everybody and his dog has been to get these awesome deals.
    About five people, at separate times, have been waiting in line,, sigh dramatically, and storm off to another register. Where they repeat the process.
    What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Best wishes, my young friend. I worked at RedStar for 30 years (actually, it was Hudson's, Marshall Field's, THEN M---I mean, RedStar...)
    Yes, I have many stories. (a few are even nice!)
    Best advice I can give you is try to keep your cool, try to NOT take things personally, and try to start your day with a smile.
    And one more thing...if you are forced to give someone a discount because they complained about something, remember that the item was on sale yesterday, and it will be on sale again next week. In the long run, it does not really matter. Let it go.....

Good luck!
    I no longer fear HELL.
    I work in RETAIL.

Comment

Working...
    X