This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disgusting...

The post about the lady using the tornado to get free sandwiches reminded me of this gem from last week.

SC: I know I am behind on my bill but Ive been out of the office for quite awhile because my son died.
    Me: I'm so sorry to hear of your loss ma'am.
    SC: yeah so I was wondering if you can waive all my late fees.
    Me: I can certainly waive one for a courtesy-
    SC: there are 3. This one was charged on March 30, the day he died. I don’t want to look at that. He was in a car accident that day.
    Me: well I am authorized to waive one but I can contact the local manager to see if we can make an exception.
    SC: please do. I know it was past due before the 30th but I haven't been around since way before that because MY SON DIED OF CANCER AND HE WAS IN THE HOSPITAL FOR MONTHS.
    Me: um...I thought you said he was in a car accident?
    SC: pause...and click

Somedays, you just want to yell
    "You're lying, you're sucky & you NEED to pay it up, all of it"

Comment

Wow that sounds like something even a novice Phoenix Wright player would pick up on immediately.
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Can you mark her account? "SHE IS A LIAR!!! No one died, no one is ill, no one was in an accident. She wants freebies. DENIED!!"
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Even PAYNE could pick up on that, and he's a dumbass.
          My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Another way to handle the scam situation:

Quoth AquaGirl View Post
            SC: I know I am behind on my bill but Ive been out of the office for quite awhile because my son died.
            Me: I'm so sorry to hear of your loss ma'am.
            SC: yeah so I was wondering if you can waive all my late fees.
            Me: I can certainly waive one for a courtesy- All I need is a copy of his death certificate.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
              Me: I can certainly waive one for a courtesy- All I need is a copy of his death certificate.
              Who says she even HAS a son? My bet is the son is as fictional as his demise.

Comment

Quoth computeraide View Post
                Who says she even HAS a son? My bet is the son is as fictional as his demise.
                Irrelevant since she STILL wouldn't have the death certificate.
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

As a bereaved parent, I would like to find that woman and beat the shit out of her.
                  "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

I'm not surprised really, and that's somewhat sad...

I've heard quite a few stories about people making up "death in the family" stories to get their way.

The only good thing about them is ... when they get caught in their lies. especially if it means they get no freebies, or they get in trouble for it.

Comment

Quoth BeenThereDoneThat View Post
                      As a bereaved parent, I would like to find that woman and beat the shit out of her.
                      Now, now...that's just the same as striking a human being--from a strictly legal standpoint.
                      Full disclosure: I too lost a daughter--she'd be about 6 y.o. now.
                      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth BeenThereDoneThat View Post
                        I'd agree, but that would be against the TOS of this site. However, as another parent who has lost their child, I would like this person to really know what true pain is, and it isn't physical. I have never felt anything as horrible as the death of my son - and that includes all the times I was kicked in the balls as a kid, all added together!

To lie about such a horrible tragedy to just get your way is lower than low. (Although I must admit, many merchants went out of their way to be extra helpful to us when they found out - but we weren't telling them it to get freebies, but to explain why we couldn't smile on a sunny day.)

I hope her karma catches up to her, as it will. "What you put out comes back seven-fold."
                        I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

This reminds me of a story the teacher told at my first class on IRAs (Individual Retirement Accounts). The beneficiary on a customer's IRA came in to the bank and told the employee that her aunt had died. She fabricated some story about how there was a delay on getting the death certificate, and so the naive employee gave her the money from the IRA anyway. Then the next day, the aunt walks into the bank.

The teacher was the one who took the call from the employee saying, "What do I do?"
                          "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                          -Mira Furlan

Comment

I wish I could say I was surprised, but I caught several people in lies like this at the credit card company. The worst one was the first one I caught--the woman was crying about how her husband had died and I was making all sorts of changes on her account to help her out (she had a good history with us so was eligible for a lot). Then when I explained what the changes meant to her, she said "Oh, can you explain that to my husband? He's so much better at this than me," and she passed the phone to him.

Needless to say, the changes I put through were reversed and I lost a lot of faith in humanity that day.

Comment

Quoth Captain Trips View Post
                              I'd agree, but that would be against the TOS of this site. However, as another parent who has lost their child, I would like this person to really know what true pain is, and it isn't physical. I have never felt anything as horrible as the death of my son - and that includes all the times I was kicked in the balls as a kid, all added together!

To lie about such a horrible tragedy to just get your way is lower than low. (Although I must admit, many merchants went out of their way to be extra helpful to us when they found out - but we weren't telling them it to get freebies, but to explain why we couldn't smile on a sunny day.)

I hope her karma catches up to her, as it will. "What you put out comes back seven-fold."
                              I have lost a son and I agree, it is worse than any physical pain ever could be. I hope that lying bitch has to take on the pain of the world, since the pain of losing a child is like that x10000 and the pain is always there.
                              Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Working...
                              X