This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why must you be so unreasonable?

Today is actually my day off so no SC stories to vent. However, I was reminded of a sucky customer from months ago while talking to one of my manager's via text message. Lets call him......Mr. Dave.
    I was working night shift with Coworker S, Mr. Dave, and Coworker A. I got off work at 3:30am, so Coworker S(who was doing dishes) came up to take an order while I got the keys from Mr. Dave. This order was reallllyyy long and I really had to go, so I took over while Coworker S got a drawer to replace me. It was a looonnngggg ass order (like 30 items long) so it took awhile.
    Me: Does that complete your order mam?
    Crochety woman: Yes... That's it.
    Me: Ok so I have *repeats loonnggg ass order* Is that correct?
    CW: NO!!! THAT'S WRONG!!! I ALSO HAD 2 CHICKEN FRESCO TACOS!!!
    Me: Ok sorry about that mam *adds 2 fresco chicken tacos*
    CW: *gets huffy*
    Me: Is your order correct now?
    CW: Yes *still huffy*
    Me: Yor total is 40 something dollars and something cents second window please.

Apparently it's terrible if you miss 2/30 or so items. I think it happened when Coworker S walked away and I steped in. I knew I missed something then, and that's why I repeated it back. Sorry for missing 2 tacos lady.
    Anyway, Coworker S had her drawer all set, so I pulled mine and went to the office to count it before I left. Because of this, I didn't have to deal with CW. Three minutes after she left with all her food, I finish counting my drawer and Mr. Dave is in the middle of closing it when Coworker S comes into the office.

CS: Kisa I need to see the copy of the long reciept you have.
    Me: Ok *hands over*
    CS: CW said we forgot her #5 combo. It's not here just like I told her. Thanks. *leaves*

She comes back a moment later.

CS: Mr. Dave CW is back and I need you to deal with her. If I deal with her, she'll be here all night.

Note: Coworker S doesn't cave to customers. If she knows they are wrong, she'll agrue with them until they back off.

Mr. Dave: What's she saying?
    CS: She said we forgot her #5. She didn't order a #5. Kisa repeated it back to her, so that's her fault, not ours. She said Kisa forgot her chicken tacos at first so she probly just forgot the #5 as well.
    MD: We were all here. None of us heard a #5. And her order was friggen huge! So what if Kisa forgot to enter the chicken tacos?!
    CS: That's what I told her, but she wants the #5 for free now.
    MD: *takes off name tag* Hold this Kisa...
    Me: *follows and hides out of sight but within earshot*

CW: You the manager?!
    MD: Yes.
    CW: Good! Now I can get my #5 that you owe me! She forgot to ring it up!
    MD: We don't owe you anything mam. We are all wearing headset's and none of us heard you say "#5". Kisa repeated the order back and asked you to confirm it on the screen. You said it was correct. That's your mistake. Not ours. If you want a combo #5, you will have to pay for it.
    CW: That's reiculous!!
    MD: Sorry, but I can't give it to you. If she didn't repeat the order or if it was on the reciept but not in the bag, I would gladly give it to you. The problem is, you confirmed the order and it's not on the reciept.
    CW: FINE! I'll pay for it! * huffy*
    MD: *rings it up*

We make her #5 and Mr. Dave gives it to her. The End? Hell no!!

CW: It's cold!
    MD: That isn't possible mam. I just made it myself.
    CW: Not that food! The rest of my order is cold! I want you to remake it all for me because it's your fault it's cold!
    MD: I won't do that mam. There is nothing wrong with your order.
    CW: YOU forgot the #5 and made me come back for it! YOU made me wait AND PAY for it! Now YOU need to remake my cold food!!
    MD: Mam, we did nothing wrong. Your order was made perfectly. All the mistakes were made on your part, so we are not obligated to do so.
    CW: So what am I supposed to do?!!! How can we eat cold food!!??
    MD: That's what microwaves are for.
    CW: * scoffs* You are SOOOO rude!!! What's your name?!
    MD: It's on my nametag.
    CW: I don't see it!
    MD: Sorry then...have a nice day *walks away*
    Me: Heres your nametag Mr. Dave
    Answers: $1
    Correct Answers: $2
    Answers that require thought: $5
    Dumb looks are still free.

Awesome

Comment

A manager with a spine! What a rare and beautiful creature. We must clone him!

I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
        A manager with a spine! What a rare and beautiful creature. We must clone him!

I wish we could Mr. Dave is awesome

Comment

I'm cracking up, because we call one of our coworkers Mr. Dave.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
            I'm cracking up, because we call one of our coworkers Mr. Dave.
            That's my nickname for him He called me missy when he fist got here so I called him mister which turned into Mr. Dave

Comment

Very awesome. Your story warmed my cold, shriveled heart. Wish it was on video
              "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Your SC seems to forget the point of why you repeat orders in the first place. I do that when placing wake up calls so that I'm certain I hear people correctly.
                To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

A manager who actually doesn't kiss the customer's ass and doesn't give them free food because they are afraid of "losing a loyal customer?" I am surprised, and I also Mr Dave

Comment

yessss, good managers DO exist.

nice try on the scam, hag, but you FAIL.
                    look! it's ghengis khan!
                    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth BowserKoopa1 View Post
                      A manager who actually doesn't kiss the customer's ass and doesn't give them free food because they are afraid of "losing a loyal customer?" I am surprised, and I also Mr Dave
                      Can I get one? All of mine cave when it is clearly the customers stupid mistake and give free crap away in the from of food and possibly gift cards, every F***ing time.

Comment

Though there was other reasons, one of the reasons I never lasted as a customer service manager for Wally World was..I had a spine. I even ended up walking a *ahem* customer out the door..by their collar..but that is a rather LONG story. Anyhow..yes management with spines do exist..even if they can sometimes be harder then bigfoot to find.

To the OP, that was just epic . Some people would complain if you handed them a million dollars because "What..not two million?"
                        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I wouldn't complain if I had a million dollars. I wouldn't have to eat Kraft dinners.
                          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Half a million would be quite welcome to me.
                            Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

what a hag.

i've done that... i mean forgetting to order something and thinking it was on the receipt. i even recently asked for one of the items... but then i checked my receipt and saw... "Oh! I didn't order it! My apologies" - and even gave them a nice review on the survey card if I remember correctly.

cos hey it's not their fault if i forget something.
                              and if i do order something and they forget to put it down and forget to charge me for it... that's no issue either.

Comment

Working...
                              X