This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoplifters suck

Especially when they figure LP is on to them, so they duck into the restroom, away from prying camera eyes, take that t-shirt they had been planning to gank, and flush it down the toilet.

End result: sewage backup through the drains in the maintenance room and the restrooms. On Sunday. Memorial Day weekend, so calling a plumber out for emergency service will cost us an arm and a leg, but we really have no choice. We blocked off the restroom but people just moved the shopping carts we put there and went in anyway. Also people insisted on using the breakroom sink, which caused even more water to come up through the floor.

My co-worker and I spent some time in the maintenance room with plungers over each drain, trying to dislodge the blockage, but when it turns out to be a t-shirt that won't work anyway. The damage was so bad, Servicemaster had to come in and clean up. I'm guessing they started cleanup sometime yesterday. They had a bunch of portable dryers stationed outside the maintenance room, so walking upstairs was like walking through a sauna.

All this because of one chickenshit shoplifter.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

I'm sorry you had to go through this, Irv. Some people have no decency or sense whatsoever.

I sincerely hope this jerk's plumbing backs up, floods his entire place and he has to pay out the nose for the plumber, the HAZMAT team and the new flooring!
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

At least it wasn't winter. Sounds like Blas's sucky coworker and your shoplifter were comparing notes.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

The parking lot still isn't done because of what that idiot did last winter.

Sorry, Irv. I can't believe someone thought that flushing a shirt down the toilet was going to save them. They could have just ditched it on the counter and been alright.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
          They could have just ditched it on the counter and been alright.
          I had been thinking the same thing because most states require the person to get past the last possible cash register without paying in order for there to be proof beyond a reasonable doubt that the person intended to steal.

Then again, that would be expecting the shoplifter to be smart enough to figure that one out rather than panicking and trying to destroy all the evidence in the manner they heard is used to get rid of drugs when the police bust in.
          "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
          .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

this is why most places have cameras aimed towards the bathroom.

can't have them inside due to state laws but... having them aimed at the doors (assuming the camera doesn't look *into* the bathroom, even with the door open) is perfectly fine

Comment

Tell me the video image is clear enough. Your LP has this idiot for vandalism.
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

People have thrown their filthy underwear in my bathrooms, unfortunately. And the store refuses to do a thing about theft in the restrooms whatsoever. Which, I have to say, effected me personally once.
                Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
                  People have thrown their filthy underwear in my bathrooms, unfortunately. And the store refuses to do a thing about theft in the restrooms whatsoever. Which, I have to say, effected me personally once.
                  Waiting impatiently for the story.

I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                    The parking lot still isn't done because of what that idiot did last winter.

Sorry, Irv. I can't believe someone thought that flushing a shirt down the toilet was going to save them. They could have just ditched it on the counter and been alright.
                    How dies a SC manage o mess up a parking lot? I'm guessing I missed a a thread.

Comment

God i hate shoplifters. Especially stupid ones. I will now recount a tale of such a person. Actually two such people.
                      ----------------------------------------------
                      So when I was 13 my Pathfinders troop, (12-14 year old Canadian Girl Guides/scouts) raised a ton of money to spend a few days in PEI. We were going to take in a few shows, live in this cool farm house, and hit all the amusement parks. It was going to be awesome. We were all really excited.

So the FIRST day we are there we have to stop at a grocery store to pick up food for the week. A few of the girls picked up some personal necessities, and we all went to wait in the parking lot. Now two of the older girls were both very thin, and wearing very tight clothing. This however did not stop them from stuffing disposable camera in their shirts, and trying to walk out of the store with them.

They of course got caught. And the rest of us spent the better part of our afternoon sitting in hot cars, waiting for our chaperones to finish talking to the RCMP. Then the next morning, we had to waste another hour of our precious vacation waiting for one of the two girl's fathers to pick her up. The other one got to stay with us, but she was under heavy observation all weekend.
                      Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
                      Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Oh my word.
                        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post

Guilty.

Although I did jam them down into the trash bin. I just didn't leave them sitting on the sink or anything.

Comment

Flushing a tshirt...

And to think I was only half kidding when I yelled at my housemate from upstairs (we share a washer/dryer) about flushing his lint (a giant massive wad from not changing it in between his loads of laundry) down MY toilet.

I yelled at him and said that he was basically flushing a fucking tshirt down my toilet and I had to clean up the goddamned mess when it backed up later.

Now we have a new problem. The dipshit doesn't change his lint trap... Grr...

As for shoplifters flushing it.... Umm wouldn't the wastepaper basket in the washroom worked better? LOL. Nobody said shoplifters were smart.

Comment

Quoth Retail's Bitch View Post
                              As for shoplifters flushing it.... Umm wouldn't the wastepaper basket in the washroom worked better? LOL. Nobody said shoplifters were smart.
                              My guess would be that they think they're eliminating the evidence, rather than just hiding it.
                              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                              X