This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Tell me you've broken up so I can mock you"

A little background...I am from the UK and in a long distance relationship with a man from the US and we've been together for a long time now. When the two of us started off, we had a mutual friend called H. H lived down the road from me, but my Bear knew her online. H turned out to be something of a bitch and we had a big falling out...Bear actually remained uninvolved for the longest time. Until one day, H decided to send me a horrible email saying how I was a fucking loser with no life (it was very cruel) and that I was pathetic for having Bear as an online boyfriend and that when I went out to visit him the following year, he was going to lock me in his basement and rape and murder me.

Yup. She said that about her friend, my boyfriend. Who is now my fiance. We're hoping to get married next year. Guess she was wrong, huh? Might I point out that Bear did nothing to warrant such cruel remarks (he had stayed out of our argument) and she later tried to apologise to him, justifying her vicious remarks as "trying to protect Rabbit".

Haven't really spoken to her since. She tried to make friends with me after a messy breakup, but she never really made the effort and I didn't feel like bending over backwards for a bitch who called my fiance a rapist.

Anyway, thats not the SC part. That part is fulfilled by her mother.

She comes into the shop I work at and she puts me down, but for the longest time she hadn't come in at all, which was a relief. The first time she came in, it was horrible. I had only been working there about 6 months, and I had given H and mother a bunch of 40% vouchers (why, I have no idea now, I was trying to be nice, why did I bother?) but they never used them. So 6 months after I start, I'm at my till when who should come along but H's mum. She acts REALLY snobby throughout the transaction and says "I'm surprised you're still working here, I would have thought you were going to university." I say how I didn't want to go as it was so much money (this was a few years back, before the fees increased, and it was still too much money) and that I didn't think pursuing art academically would lead to a stable job. This is a pretty sensible reason and sensible logic (as anyone who is an artist will know) and I figured she'd know that as well, as she was poorer than my family and H wanted to go to art school. Instead she just said some very dismissive things about how my parents should have sent me to uni and that H would go to uni regardless of cost and then said "So you're not going to do ANYTHING with A Levels then?" It was quite mean and underhand, and I was glad when she was gone. A colleague of mine had overheard and said she was about to intervene when H's Mum left.

On Saturday, she returned. I wasn't sure it was her at first- I hadn't seen her in a couple of years and she used to have this horribly ridiculous puffy mullet hairstyle nd it was now long and crimped. I did think "no its not her, it just looks like her". Until she smirked at me and said very ironically "I would have though you'd be in America by now, Rabbit."

Her face seemed to be saying "please tell me you and your boyfriend split up so I can mock you." I couldn't help but think that it really was none of her business, but as she was trying to crush me...

*big sigh* "Well...problem with the visa. It's very expensive. But we're applying for it this autumn. Costs a lot of money though, I mean, a couple of grand just for paper work really. Oh and I have to have a vaccine and pay for it out of my own pocket as I'm not eligible on the NHS. But that's commitment for you. It'll all be worth it in the end."

I totally hadn't forgotten her partner had left her after cheating on her

Seriously, why come into my place of work and treat me like that? I have bumped into her in the street and she doesn't say a word, but once I'm in uniform and behind a till, I'm fair game. Stuck up bitch. I think if you have an issue with someone you shouldn't go to wear they are trying to do a job and just harrass them. If you really have something to say, why can't it wait until they clock out?

Some people just really like to feel powerful. *hands you a plate of cookies*
    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
    -----
    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Probably because they think that you're not allowed to say/do anything to retaliate when you're on the job, lest you get written up/suspended/fired. It's just an act of cowardice.

What a bitch. Glad you didn't let her get to you. Hope everything works out for you with the visa and everything.

Comment

Is she there buying food? What she is doing is called harassment and you should be able to inform a manager about her. Next time she comes in, duck away if possible, or if management gives you the ok, tell her to buy something or get out, or else you call the police, if its possible to do that.
        She's clearly there it seems not to really buy anything, but to torture you, and you should not have to put up with that kind of bullshit. I know I wouldn't.

Comment

What horrible creatures, it doesn't surprise me that they're related.<offers a drink>

Comment

Horrid catty bitches is what they are (mom and daughter).
            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I had a classmate who also knew me from Upward Bound, a summer college program for high school students. Total bitch to everyone and the kind that believes her shit doesn't stink. Her mother was no different.

One time when I was working at the Chopper as a cart jockey, her mother stopped in for grocieres. I was outside as always, pushing carts without a jacket. And of course the woman had to make a comment about how stupid I was to be out in the cold with no coat.

When I politely informed her that it was none of her business, she complained to my boss.

It really is a power thing. Now, of course, the classmate in question works at Wallyworld. People like that never get very far in life.

Comment

Oh ugh.

The daughter reminds me of a friend I had in freshman year of college. She was always a little off (as are most my friends), but during our 2nd year she managed to alienate just about everyone by going completely batshit, and pulling stuff like what you described.

Comment

I do suspect that me being in uniform and therefore not being permitted to tell her where to go is the reason for the bitchiness at work. Annoys me really, because I didn't do anything to H, all I ever did was get upset that she treated me like shit and then make such comments about Bear. Oh and H's mum saw Bear on webcam back years ago and proclaimed loudly how "ugly" he was. Rich considering her unfaithful partner was nicknamed "the Pillsbury Doughboy" and not because he was cute

Her daughter seems to have grown up a bit, and although if she does bump into me she's more likely to blank me or try to rush off quickly, she doesn't say anything rude and she's very civil.

Just because I work in a clothing shop in the slightly impoverished end of town doesn't mean she ought to look down on me. To be honest, I think she's actually jealous of my family; we all grew up on the same council estate and my parents worked their way out of it and bought a house nearly 15 years ago. H and co still live on the council estate and don't look set to move out any time soon. We're not a rich family, but we have nice things and used to take holidays abroad etc. We're a working family, but we don't sneer at H and co just because they live on a council estate. Whatever comforts her and helps her sleep at night, but it doesn't mean hassling me at my job is cool.

Oh, she "met" Bear. I just remembered this. Bear was visiting me and we were walking around town, and as I turned a corner, I saw H's mum. She said hello to me and walked away without so much as looking at Bear. Now, I should mention, Bear is called such for a reason and is not easy to miss, not to mention she knew what he looked like. I just think she was a coward and didn't have the guts to say hi to him knowing what her daughter had said about him.

Comment

I would have told that hosebeast, "My personal life has no relevance to this business transaction. If you're unable to conduct yourself in a professional manner, I suggest you leave. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone."
                    Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

They are both insanely jealous of you. You're working, you are not ashamed of your job (no reason to be) and you're in love and engaged to a great guy. In their eyes, you're doing something with your life, and they can't stand it. Pathetic, really.
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I like the way you handled the situation.
                        Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
                        What's the difference?
                        We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Good luck with the immigration process. I moved from Canada to the U.S. to be with my wife and although it was a complicated and expensive process it was worth and I think having to endure all of it made us a stronger couple in the end.

We just passed three years of marriage at the end of may, still very much love.
                          "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth Little Retail Rabbit View Post
                            I do suspect that me being in uniform and therefore not being permitted to tell her where to go is the reason for the bitchiness at work.
                            Maybe she'll make the mistake of trying it again on your last day. Then you can let her have it with both barrels, so to speak.
                            Sometimes life is altered.
                            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                            Uneasy with confrontation.
                            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Seriously, why come into my place of work and treat me like that?
                              Oh, I think I know the answer to that one. I think you know the answer to that one, too. Hell, I think we all know the answer to that one. In fact, allow me to use your words to provide that answer:

Stuck up bitch.
                              If you really have something to say, why can't it wait until they clock out?
                              Once again, I would think that would be fairly obvious. And another poster worded it rather well:

Quoth PhiSigGirl1988 View Post
                              Probably because they think that you're not allowed to say/do anything to retaliate when you're on the job, lest you get written up/suspended/fired. It's just an act of cowardice.
                              Look, this woman is a sniveling wench with an inferiority complex and low self-esteem, who has had men shit on her so assumes that all men shit on all women, and is taking her romantic frustrations out on you. Why? Because she can't fucking admit that she made a mistake in choosing her mate. Because she can't admit to herself that other people might have more success in that endeavor (or, since you're British, endeavour) than she did.

She is a little woman trying to be bigger than she is. She is an insect, not worthy of your attention. She is, to put it simply, a fucking loser. Take comfort in the fact that your life is going better than hers has, better than hers is, and almost definitely better than hers will.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                              Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                              X