Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With a manager like that, I have to ask: so, how bad did they come down on you for being short? (With a manager like that, I wouldn't trust his word to you - after all, he caved to the customer. With the drawer being short, and him being so spineless, he's bound to blame you.)
    I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

I thought I was more specific, but when I said I had no tens, I meant I had none of them in the ones section where she saw me put the original bill she gave me in. :/

I also do normally go, "Your change is (counts out bills/change) out of 5/10/20+ dollars"... just never thought I'd have to do that with such a low amount, but I'm probably going to start doing it just because.

I also don't think it's so much the matter of the supervisor being spineless as the fact that that day it was rather busy, and he probably didn't want to have the remaining customers being held up even more to count things out then and there - and also, it might also have something to do similar with the policy our store has regarding fake bills.

Even if we can tell the bill is fake, we need to take it, otherwise corporate doesn't consider it as a crime being committed. :c

It might be that to them, it's also the case if someone claims we shortchanged them - that even if they're scamming us, the crime hasn't been committed unless the false amount owed to them is in their hands.

Q_Q;

Either way, the next day when I came in there was no words spoken to me about what happened the previous day but. Yeah.

You all think it'd be too over the top to, if she happens to return and come back through my line, to request for the supervisor or on-duty guard oversee the transaction? :C That way if she tries to claim I shortchanged her again, THEY saw that it isn't true.

Comment

The manager should have counted the drawer right then and there. PERIOD. He was not doing his job. If the SC started complaining about it, that would be a dead giveaway -- even to someone as thick as him -- that she was a scammer.

Quoth Caractacus_Potts View Post
        I had one notable scammer who tried to get us not to count the drawer (i.e. I don't have time for this! I have a baby in the car!.
        "Ohhhkaaay Ma'am, why don't you just hang on JUST one second" *motions to Manager to CALL 911 NOW!* due to the baby...
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

"This. I would also bet she'll come through your line too and say you've done it before. "

I had someone on one of the consumer rights sites claiming that cashiers would always try to scam you out of your cashback and short change you because of this. It happened to him once and therefore we were all nicking his cash.

I admit that at the store I was working there was a large amount of "I forgot to give the customer their cashback" but never deliberately.
          I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

MEH. I'll remember her should she ever come thru again - wonder what I should do if she comes through my line again? :/
            This is what I was told to do back at a previous retail job in the early 90s (one of the two places that went out of business actually....)

When she hands you a bill, verify the amount by asking, "Out of one dollar?"
            That way you're verifying with her that it's just a dollar... and you're putting it into your head that she gave you one dollar only.

And if she tries the scam again i'd suggest having her banned

Comment

Quoth dutifulTM View Post
              Even if we can tell the bill is fake, we need to take it, otherwise corporate doesn't consider it as a crime being committed. :c
              Contact the Secret Service ASAP. What corporate doesn't consider a crime is in fact against Federal Law.

Comment

Yeah, my manager knew the guy was a scammer but because I didn't physicsl count back the change becasue I fucking knew I gave him a twenty, she gave the guy a twenty when he switched it for one..... Then she got made I said I'm getting his plate.... because she thought another guy was with him, I told her GOOD I want them to know I gonna make their life hell if I ever see them again.

OH, I should point out this is same manager who WONT spend her budget on cleaning supplies that cost maybe $20 a month out of like $200..... *that maybe $20 gets spent* because not using your budget gets you a bonus.... Reallly how big a bonus, I can't imagine they give you $500 for not spending $200. It really isn't worth the hassle to the employees so MANAGEMENT and only MANAGEMENT gets a bonus, and well I can be bribed with CHEAP food, instead I like to do everything in my power to resist the BS
                Last edited by underemployeed; 06-09-2011, 05:15 AM.
                I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

More then a dollar? My crazed managers threatened punishment for forty cents.

Comment

Working...
                  X