This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Return b*tch

Woman comes in and wants to return some Kurig coffees. She wanted to exchange them (1 box of Green Mountain Iced coffee, 1 box Caribou Coffee Something-Or-Other) and get two other coffees (2 boxes Sumatran Reserve) as a straight exchange. I say OK, because almost all of them are about to go on sale, and I can adjust prices to a certain extent. So I ring up her exchanges, Caribou comes up $6, Iced comes up $0.00. Hmm. She mentions a BOGO free coupon she used, and I ring up her new coffees, and bring the price down to the sale price (cause the sign is already showing sale price).

Lady freaks. She paid $7.14 (tax included) for these, she wants a straight exchange, blah blah blah. I say I'm new and need manager approval to knock the price that low, and flee for a bit to find a manager (like hell I'm calling withing someone breathing flames down my neck). I come back with a manager. Manager explains that coupons are one-time-use, and unless she has another coupon she has to pay the difference. While manager and lady argue, another customer nicely attracts my attention and asks for a price check. Lady storms off sans new coffee, I cancel out the transaction, and the nice customer mouths "What a bitch" at me.
    What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Only two posts in the two weeks at the new job. I would say you have been lucky so far. Or are you stockpiling them?

Although, it does sound like you have some good customers and possibly a good manager.
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Managers are all good, and most customers are, as well. I'm just discarding the ones that happen frequently on the board, like the teenage boys who trashed the bathroom, and missing part of orientation because in-house security was busy with a shoplifter.
      What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Comment

Working...
      X