This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sucky wireless customers.

So the call center I'm in has become a 'trash can' for the calls that our outsourced vendor (they take overflow calls) dumps on us. I had a gem today...

Me: opening schpiel
    Vendor Rep: this is so and so from so and so. I have ms. SC on the line and she wants to disconnect her lines.

Me: Okay, go ahead and introduce me as the next level of support to review her account please.

VR: Here is so and so from the disconnect department, she'll be happy to disconnect that line for you.

Me: ::facepalm:: Hello Ms. SC, how are you today?

SC: horrible.

Me: Well I'm sorry to hear that. From what I understand, you were wanting to take a look at the line ending in 1234, is that correct?

SC: Yeah. My forty five year old daughter is a worthless scumbag and I'm sick of paying her bills.

Me: Oh, I'm sorry about that. Well, from reviewing the account, it looks like you authorized her back in April to take this line and move it to her account. Was---

SC: NO I DIDN'T. I WANT THAT LINE DISCONNECTED.

Me: (reviewing the remarks, clearly see the authorization form that was filled out with the customer's name on it, as well as an email being sent to her, as well as all of the disclosures going to her, and then seeing that sucky daughter tried to take the line over and failed the credit check and changed her mind on taking the line over). Hmmmm, okay, well I'm seeing that the assumption of liability didn't go through, so if she isn't wanting to take that line over, we can definetly go ahead and get it set up for disconnect.

SC: I TOLD HER TO TAKE THE LINE OFF OF MY ACCOUNT AND PUT IT INTO HER OWN NAME. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?

Me: Well, ma'am, it looks like she didn't finish the process because she didn't want to put the security deposit down. If you are wanting to disconnect the line, I can get that set up for you right away. Let's take a look at your bill cycle to see when is going to be the best time to process this.

SC: My daughter is a worthless piece of trash. I dont' want to pay her bills no more. would you pay your grown daughters bills who doesn't do anything but lie to you? I told her to take the line over, so why didn't you disconnect it back in april?? I don't want to pay for it no more!

Me: Once again ma'am, you authorized her to remove the line, however she did not complete the transaction. We cannot disconnect the line without your authorization, and this is the first time you've contacted us since you authorized her to take the line over.

SC: I DONT WANNA PAY FOR IT.

Me: Absolutley, that's why we can get this disconnected for you right away. Now, I see that there is a high amount of usage on this line, and once I set up the disconnect, she will be without a phone. Did you want this to go through today, or at the end of your bill cycle?

SC: I want it disconnected on april 18.

Me: <sigh> ma'am, we can't go back in time to do that, and there has been about 2000 minutes of usage on the line since then. I can set this up for you today, or at the end of the bill cycle. Which would you like?

SC: I DON'T WANNA PAY FOR IT. MY DAUGHTER IS WORTHLESS.

Me: Ma'am. Would you like this line to terminate today, or on thursday, the last day of your bill cycle?

(this goes on back and forth a few more times with a few different variations of the same thing....)

SC: I want a credit.

Me: Ma'am?? a credit? for.....what?

SC: because mah daughter didn't take the line over and you people left it on my accuont.

Me: Ma'am, we cannot force somebody to take a line over. If she chose to not finish the transaction, the financial liability of this contract stays with the original account owner. You failed to contact us after you authorized her to remove the line, therefore, we made no changes to the account, because we cannot change your account without your authorization. In looking through all of the account notations again, I see that this is the first time you have contacted us since you authorized your daughter to take the line over. Again, if you are wanting this line terminated, I need to know if you want it today, or thursday.

SC: I don't wanna pay for it! She used it, but i don't wanna pay for it! she's worthless!

Me: ma'am. once i set up the termination, you will not pay for this line anymore. however, since there was usage on that line for april and may, I cannot credit that. The services were used. The services need to be paid for when they are used, which we have determined that there was a signifigant amount of usage.... I need to know which day you would like this to go through so we can get everything in place for you.

SC: SUPERVISOR!!!! SUPERVISOR!!!! SUPERVISOR!!!! SUPERVISOR~!!!!!

Me: well, if you are wanting to speak with the next level of support, I can assure you that we all base our decisions off of the same policies, and they will provide you with the same information that I have given you. However, if you still wish to speak to the next level of support, I need to place you on hold to make that phone call out. May I place you on hold so I can make that call?

SC: SUPERVISOR!!! SUPERVISOR!!! SUPERVISOR!!!! SUPERVISOR!!!111!!!

Me: <headdesk> Ok ma'am, i'm going to place you on a brief hold, I will be right back.

.........calls supervisor, re-hashes the issue, sup agrees no credit due to customer, agrees to take call over....i introduce them, and then go on my merry way.

Flipping back into the account, supervisor issued 3 months worth of credit for the line that was used, and applied an additional $50.00 in credit to the customer's account for no reason.

First off. If you use services, PAY for it. Do NOT get your service provider in the middle of your family problems, because honestly, I don't care. Also, screaming "supervisor" will not magically fix your issue.

What really made me angry? The supervisor folded.......

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Quoth Jenocyde View Post
    First off. If you use services, PAY for it. Do NOT get your service provider in the middle of your family problems, because honestly, I don't care. Also, screaming "supervisor" will not magically fix your issue.

What really made me angry? The supervisor folded.......

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Sadly, here, it worked like a charm. She got her months back AND an extra fifty. People pull this crap because, more often than it should, it works.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Sounds a lot like the kind of calls I get in my call center even though we offer goods instead of services. I love it when they ask for a supervisor though...I've been told that our store is all about pleasing the customer, and I really hate it when I don't have the power to do that by myself, so as long as they ASK for a supervisor I get to transfer the call and they have to take it Not that I like the SCs getting what they want after being so sucky, but at least I can stop taking the heat and I don't have to keep pretending I'm "empowered" (we frontline agents are taught we are empowered, but it only goes so far...and not very far at that). Oh, and we're not allowed to say that a supervisor is just going to tell them the same thing, but I don't mind that...the supervisor can say whatever they want as long as I'm no longer involved
      "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

I work CS for a cc company (I think it's a really good one) and what I love is that the Supervisors will not cave in to the SC's. If they are not due a credit, they don't get one. period. A good CM (cardmember) on the other hand, they may try to give even a small credit if they were polite and the record shows they haven't received one in the last 12 months.
        I really adore (note the heavily dripping sarcasm here) the customers who can't understand why they were charged a late fee when they payed their statement late. Even though it is in large print on all statements and they even say 'well I know the statement says that, but I don't understand why you charged me. I've never been late before (as I see in front of me that they tend to be late ever 2-3 months or even miss paying totally).

Comment

Yeah. I hate the people that insist they pay us on time. Every time. Payment history reflects opposite. Then they demand credit after credit...... To the point where we are paying them to be a customer. ::

Comment

It's not always suck to cave... It's pathetic, disheartening that sometimes EWs get their way, but oftentimes caving can be cheaper than not doing so. If the sup decided the customer was going to call back over and over trying to get the credit, sucking up hours of rep and supervisor time, the credit may have saved the company money.

Comment

I'm wondering why in the hell she would give a disconnecting customer any credit at all. After that, there's no point in the customer filling out any forms of proof anyway, since any supervisor will easily refund any monies back to the customer.

...and my former managers at Dish network wondered why I was so vindictive to customers...

Comment

Quoth Jenocyde View Post
                Also, screaming "supervisor" will not magically fix your issue.
                Evidently it WILL...
                Life's too short to drink cheap beer

Comment

Quoth seigus View Post
                  Evidently it WILL...
                  It only got rid of one of her bills. She still has the problem of the deadbeat daughter.

Comment

Quoth Raveni View Post
                    It only got rid of one of her bills. She still has the problem of the deadbeat daughter.
                    Frankly, it sounds like they deserve each other.
                    Life's too short to drink cheap beer

Comment

Wait..... so let me get this straight.... EWSC (Entitlement Whore Sucky Customer) called and wanted her should be able to pay for her own phone 45 year old daughter off her account then wanted CREDIT for said services... and after getting an supervisor got three months credit plus an extra $50 for no real good reason?

Is that why my bill keeps going up is because of people like her? Thanks for nothing Mrs. EWSC for making my bill higher just because you know how to scream SUPERVISOR repeatedly and whine loudly until some spinless supervisor caves in to your extremely invalid excuse to get credit.
                      New England Patirots... FIVE TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!
                      New England Revolution... Will win MLS Cup one day.

Comment

Working...
                      X