This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Kids! Now you too can be SC's!!

Today was actually uneventful, but the DT customer with the screaming (and I mean SCREAMING) kid at the speaker reminded me of a few pint-sized SC's. To MadMike, don't worry. I read the post and won't use any prohibited phrases

The DT kid wasn't necessarily a bad kid. It was just irritating listening to a mother ordering food with a screaming child and a howling pooch in the back seat. I guess Fido wanted to pitch in and do his part (or was trying to shut the kid up lol) Anyways, on to the children of suck...

Those Terrible Two's

We have a customer who is somewhat regular. He's a 30-ish man, fit, good looking for an older man, and very polite. He always brings his two children (a boy about 4 and a girl about 6) when he comes to Taco place. Their visits go a little something like this:

He walk in with his kids, walks up to the counter and asks how my day is going.
    While he orders, the boy runs away and hides under tables, completely ignoring his father's "get back here"s.
    The girl tries to climb up on the counter. Daddy pulls her off again and again and again telling her she can't do that this is a public place. "But daddy I have to dance on the stage"!!!
    The poor guy finally fishes ordering, pays, and coralls the kiddies towards the pop machine to pick their drinks.
    The little girl tries to climb on the counter to play with the coin game.

Note: The coin game looks like this (see bottom pic). You catch a coin on the yellow platform and what kind of coin you catch determines what food item you win. Money goes to charity.

She get up and her brother screams bloody murder because he wants to play too.
    Dad pulls them both off.
    The girl hops right back up and smacks the coin game screaming for a nickle.
    The boy tries to pull his siser off and gets a foot in the face, causing him to scream harder and stamp his feet rapidly.
    Dad pulls them both off, scolds them and takes them to the table to eat.
    She wants to sit al the tall tables. He wants to sit at the short table. Dad makes them sit at a short table.
    The girl pouts and sits ON the table because "I wanna be up high daddy! I'm a BIG girl!" and them proceeds to call her brother names for liking the short tables.
    He screams and cries and attempts to slap his sister in the face.
    Dad scolds them both and makes them sit properly and eat.
    The boy decides to hop under the table and says " I'm a doggy daddy and doggies eat on the floor".
    She hops on the table again because big girls sit up high.
    Dad yells that floors are dirty and chairs are for butts so sit down properly and eat please.
    From here it's the same floor, table, yell, chair pattern until the girl finishes and runs off to attack the coin game.
    Dad cleans the mess and the boy escapes to the counter to try to get up with his sister to join her in smacking the coin game.
    Customers glare at the dad who's cleaning the mess and then turn to me and demand that I do something.
    I'm not about to touch anyone's kids so I keep my mouth shut and wait for them to leave.

Spoiled Little Princess

Once, a 6-or-so year old came in with her mom. They ordered their food (a combo meal for mom and a kid's meal for the girl), paid, got their drinks and got their food. Before the tray touched the counter, the girl ran up and snatched the kid's meal bag off the tray, causing the cook to almost drop the food. She jams her little hand into the bad and pulls out the toy which, at the time, was a comic book. Her face darkend and she raged.

Spoiled Princess: MOM!!
    Poor Mom: What is it honey?
    SP: I hate this toy!! I want a girl toy!
    PM: That's the only toy they have.
    SP: Ask them!
    PM: There's no reason to. They only carry one toy at a time.
    PM: No. I won't.
    SP: ASK THEM!!! *screech*
    PM: Excuse me. Do you have any other toys?
    CW: No, sorry. That's all we have. We only carry one toy at a time.
    PM: See?
    SP: *screeches and stomps the floor*
    PM: Stop that. Let's go eat.

At this point, all eyes are on them. They sit down at a table. Well...the girl sits ON the table.

PM: Sweeite, get off the table.
    SP: NO!
    PM: You're going to hurt yourself.
    SP: I will not!!
    PM: Please get down...
    SP: *kicks chair until it falls over and clatters to the floor*
    PM: *sighh* *stands, picks up chair, grabs her daughter by the sholders and plants her in the chair*
    SP: MOOOMMM!!! *screeches*
    PM: You are sitting in that chair like a big girl.
    SP: *scowls and stards kicking her mom under the table*
    PM: That hurts...
    SP: GOOD!
    PM: *turns her legs to the side so she can't reach*
    SP: Gruuhhh!! *sits on her knees and slaps her mom*

My coworker walked out with our under 3 toy, a Yo Gabba Gabba book, in hand.

CW: This is the only other toy we have. It's a baby toy for babies. Here. You can have it.
    SP: *snatched the book and glared at CW*
    CW: I need the other one back.
    SP: NaRrrgH!!!
    PM: ...Here's $1 for the book....

Behind the counter, we were all talking about how bratty she was and how "if my kid behaved like that, I would do blank" and how "I've seen 2 year olds behave better" and whatnot. She spent the rest of the visit abusing her mother and calling her names...

Scream 2

A dad came in with a boy and a girl, both around age 4. I'm making food when a hear a terrible scream. I look over to see the girl bawling her eyes out and fisting her hands. Coworker L later told me daddy wouldn't buy her a $2 slushie drink so she threw a fit. She continues on with her tantrum for 5 minutes, then calmed down. About 30 seconds later, I hear a scream identical to the first. Instead, I see the boy at the counter, hands fisted at his sides, head thrown back, screaming as hard as he could. Reason: Daddy wouldn't give him money for the coin game.

Other cook: What order is their's?
    Me: ....157
    OT: Lets get their's done and get them outta here!
    Me: *head hurts* Ughh...

They stayed for 15 or so minutes and by the time they were gone, so were ALLLL the rest of the customers!!
    Coworker L later said, "I should invite them back when I want to clear out the dining room!"

The Coin Game Game

The rules for the coin game are:
    1) Catch a coin on the yellow platform to win.
    2) One win per customer, per day.

Manyof the teens fight rule #2 tooth and nail. When we don't give in, then all of a sudden "I diddn't win, he did!"
    We ban kids and adults who cause scenes, make huge messes and don't clean them and/or destroy our property. One day...

Kid: I WON!
    CW: Ok...
    Kid: I won again!
    CW: You can only win once.
    Kid: I diddn't win. I won for my friend outside.
    CW: If he want's to win he can come in and win himself.
    Kid: He can't. He got banned for throwing his drink at the window.
    CW: Well that's his own fault.

Another time a kid got banned after pulling the rubber off a table, then came right back in and tried to win...get out punk.
    Yet another time...

Kid: HEY!!! I WON I WON I WON!!
    CW: ...
    Kid: Hey! HEY LADY!!! HEEEYYYY!!!
    CW: ......
    Kid: Are you stupid or something?!
    CW: No, i'm waiting for you to ask properly.
    Kid: ....

Yet another time...

Kid: I won!
    CW: You can only win once.
    Kid: WHAT?!!! That's f#%ing stupid!
    CW: It's the rules.
    Kid: F*#K YOU!!!
    CW: That won't help you. *leaves*
    Kid: Hey lady! I won!
    Manager Lady: You did? Oh ok.
    Me: That brat already won once. Ane he said f u to Coworker L when she told him no.
    ML: ...Oh did he now?
    Me: Yupp....
    ML: Hey kid. Get out.
    Kid: I need my free taco!!!
    ML: You already won. And don'y ever speak to my coworkers like that again or you won't be allowed back. Got it?

And sooo....SC's come in all age groups.
    Attached Files
    Answers: $1
    Correct Answers: $2
    Answers that require thought: $5
    Dumb looks are still free.

Quoth Kisa View Post
    I wonder if I was the only one reading the SP's lines in Varuca Salt's voice from the older movie.
    Last edited by Dave1982; 06-09-2011, 10:20 AM. Reason: Excessive quoting
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
      I wonder if I was the only one reading the SP's lines in Varuca Salt's voice from the older movie.
      No, I pretty much did too.
      "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

"Don't care how...I want it now!" *honking noises as she falls through the 'eggucator'*

*offers the op some cookies and chocolate for putting up with such people*
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

And before anyone asks, no that is not me in the picture. I am not a male. Nor is it anyone I know. It's a pic I pulled off a random website which happened to be the best picture of the coin game.
          Answers: $1
          Correct Answers: $2
          Answers that require thought: $5
          Dumb looks are still free.

Comment

Quoth Kisa View Post
            We have a customer who is somewhat regular. He's a 30-ish man, fit, good looking for an older man,
            Older man???? At 30???? You little whippersnapper!

Thanks for the stories; I always enjoy reading your stuff. Your suffering amuses me greatly
            You gotta polish a memory like a stone. Chip off the parts that remind you it was just a game. Work it until it's indistinguishable from any other memory.

Comment

Wow - the closest thing to 'trouble' I've ever had with my niece and nephew was having to remind them to stay where I could see them when we were at the science museum. And that was only ever one call.
              (mind you, whichever one was distracted could trust me that we'd go towards the distracting-fun-thing next).

I don't understand how children can be allowed to get quite so ... out of control.
              Seshat's self-help guide:
              1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
              2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
              3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
              4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Canarr View Post
                I know, right? That made me do a double take and laugh, too! Why, back in my day....

Comment

I've said it before, I'll say it again, at least Veruca gave us a musical number. She had SOMETHING redeeming about her.
                  My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

That spoiled princess definitely acted like Veruca Salt . Loved the baby toy pwnage!
                    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Canarr View Post

Thanks for the stories; I always enjoy reading your stuff. Your suffering amuses me greatly
                      At 32 i still consider myself a young man. It helps that i look young for my age. I am still trying to decide if i should be insulted. Although i guess when i was in my teens 30 did seem old
                      There Can Be Only One

Comment

...I'm trying really hard not to use disallowed nicknames for the children described in the OP.

Good lord, I offer up the Spoiled Princess as evidence that some people are not cut out to be parents. I appreciate that the mother was trying to get the Princess to behave, but clearly whatever methods she was using weren't working.
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Wow.... if either of my kids had EVER tried behaving like that in public, there would have been a swift exit from whatever place of business we were frequenting, a grounding, and possibly a smack on the butt if they sassed me about it. (yes, I spanked my children, ONCE, to emphasize whatever lesson I was trying to teach them. Sue me.)

I can remember several times my ex had to drag one kid or another out of the grocery store after a meltdown, and I remember leaving a fast-food place or two when they wouldn't behave.
                          GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

My children know that we expect certain manners when we're at the table eating. It doesn't matter if we're at home, fast food, or a really fancy place, manners are always the same.

Of course since my daughter is autistic random meltdowns can and do happen. If it's something small like she's just hungry and tired of waiting, then we order extra bread or something snack-like that she can nibble on while we wait. If it's a full on exorcism style meltdown (which actually we're on the tail end of one right now) then hubby and I take turns taking her out of the restaraunt until she finally calms down.

We've had the bad luck to actually have one dinner where we never got a chance to have conversation since we both were in and out taking care of the kiddos attitudes. We've also had to good luck to be out a very nice restaraunt and get complimented on our kids behavior by staff and the people sitting next to us.
                            https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Quoth Canarr View Post
                              I was thinking that myself!

Spoiled Little Princess

Once, a 6-or-so year old came in with her mom. They ordered their food (a combo meal for mom and a kid's meal for the girl), paid, got their drinks and got their food. Before the tray touched the counter, the girl ran up and snatched the kid's meal bag off the tray, causing the cook to almost drop the food. She jams her little hand into the bad and pulls out the toy which, at the time, was a comic book. Her face darkend and she raged.

CW: No, sorry. That's all we have. We only carry one toy at a time.
                              PM: See?
                              SP: *screeches and stomps the floor*
                              PM: Stop that. Let's go eat.

At this point, all eyes are on them. They sit down at a table. Well...the girl sits ON the table.

PM: Sweeite, get off the table.
                              SP: NO!
                              PM: You're going to hurt yourself.
                              SP: I will not!!
                              PM: Please get down...
                              SP: *kicks chair until it falls over and clatters to the floor*
                              PM: *sighh* *stands, picks up chair, grabs her daughter by the sholders and plants her in the chair*
                              SP: MOOOMMM!!! *screeches*
                              PM: You are sitting in that chair like a big girl.
                              SP: *scowls and stards kicking her mom under the table*
                              PM: That hurts...
                              SP: GOOD!
                              PM: *turns her legs to the side so she can't reach*
                              SP: Gruuhhh!! *sits on her knees and slaps her mom*

My coworker walked out with our under 3 toy, a Yo Gabba Gabba book, in hand.

CW: This is the only other toy we have. It's a baby toy for babies. Here. You can have it.
                              SP: *snatched the book and glared at CW*
                              CW: I need the other one back.
                              SP: NaRrrgH!!!
                              PM: ...Here's $1 for the book....

Behind the counter, we were all talking about how bratty she was and how "if my kid behaved like that, I would do blank" and how "I've seen 2 year olds behave better" and whatnot. She spent the rest of the visit abusing her mother and calling her names...
                              Okay. Kids have bad days. This mother and daughter kill me! About halfway into demanding the toy would have been when Mom asked for the food to go and left. Or, even just left the food. I would not be alive telling you this if I had even PONDERED acting like this child.
                              Last edited by Betweenshades; 06-08-2011, 04:01 PM.
                              "You are beginning to damage my calm."

Comment

Working...
                              X