This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check your records

Why do they say that? Normally its in reference to a bill they swear they paid but have no proof of. What records? Do they think we have like a stack of file cabinets somewhere that I'm going to dig through? And its always "I suggest you check your records again." Um..."Ok. I looked at my screen again and it still says what it said 2 seconds ago. Thanks for the suggestion!"

Well, it's obvious that you didn't give them the correct answer so you are in error and must <Check your records/Check in Back/Ask a Manager/ETC>.

My favorite is always the simple "I shall now repeat the same question 20 times". That is normally what I get.

Comment

Quoth AquaGirl View Post
      "I suggest you check your records again."
      In less interconnected times, this statement might have worked. In this day and age, when we have your information at our fingertips at a moment's notice, we already have said records in front of us.

Oh, look, it says You're An Entitled Asshole! So our records are accurate!

Alternate joke: "I did. It says I am not a Dalek and you are not River Song. Would you like to try again?"
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

The one and only time I saw this used properly was last weekend, when cell phone company tried to tell my AM that her bill was past due when she KNEW that it wasn't. I mean they had her last payment (on time btw) recorded and still said it was past due. Turned out it was a mess up on cell phone company's part when she'd gotten her step-daughter a phone because hers broke. Again, that is the only time when "checking the records" actually was relevant.
        "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

When they say check your records, ask them to hold. wait at least 2 minutes, 4 if permitted that long a hold (they will think you took 10-15 minutes). Then come back and honestly say 'I've checked all of our records and ___ is still what we show.'

Comment

Working...
          X