This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The man with too much cents!!

Today I got stuck on drive thru cash for 3 hours....crapsticks. On the bright side, there were no flirty drunks and everyone asked politely for sauce. YAYYY!!! On the *ahem* dark side, I had a few SC's and the heat was making everyone irritable. It's been in the 90's all week. Today everyone was getting on everyone elses nerves. Example: I was in back doing prep. I hear this loud "REEAAAWWW" that sounds like a really pissed off cat. I whip around to see coworker M (I complainded about her in Cursing out Coworkers before. Basically, she's just a lazy, catty bitch) standing at the counter, glaring down a manager!

Coworker M: I asked you already and YOU never answered!!!
    Manager: I shouldn't have to babysit you! Look through the damn bag yourself!!
    Coworker M: FINE!!!
    Me: Umm....
    Manager S: Woah!

Stuff like that was happeneing all day. Anyways, back on topic and on to the suck!

Senile and confuing

Me: Hello! Your total is (something like) $6.74!
    Old Dude: What?
    Me: I'm sorry?
    OD: What was that? *leans in*
    Me: Your total is $6.74!!!
    OD: Whats that?
    Me: $6.74!!!
    OD: How much?
    Me: IT'S $6.74!!!
    OD: $6.74?
    Me: Yeah!!
    OD: Oh no no. That's too much.
    Me: ...What did you order? *thinking I pulled up the wrong order*
    OD: What?
    Me: WHAT DID YOU ORDER!!!
    OD: Oh! I ordered a Diet Pepsi.
    Me: You have to order at the speaker next time, ok sir?
    OD: What speaker?
    Me: ....What size pop did you want?
    OD: What?
    Me: WHAT SIZE?!!!
    OD: Ohh I dunno....large I guess.
    Me: That will be $1.69!!
    OD: Oh nonono. I want the dollar drink.
    Me: We don't have dollar drinks sir!!
    OD: Oh. What's that cheap one?
    Me: Would you like a free senior drink?!!
    OD: A drink for seniors?
    Me: Is that what you want?!!
    OD: Sure!
    Me: *hands him drink* There you go sir!
    OD: *tries to hand me change*
    Me: Oh nonono sir! It's free!
    OD: It's for you! Tip!
    Me: Oh..ummm *fumbles with change* thank you sir!!

He was a sweet old man so i'm not saying he was super sucky because he's old, hard of hearing and senile. I put it here because of how long it took. It got a tad frustrating after the first 2 minutes. Note: This is a shortened version of the real thing... Just add more of me repeating myself in louder voices and you got the full story.

The Change Epic

Me: Hello! Your total is $10.11!
    Change Man: Hey..ummm...do you mind if I unload some change on you?
    Me: *thinks he means a buck or so in change* Sure! No problem!
    CM: Wow! Thanks so much! I really wanna get rid of it all!

I then see him pull out a small plastic bag with $1 in quarters. Then another bag with nickles and pennies. Then another, and another, and another, and another.... In total, I got 10 bags of change (mostly pennies) and a dime and penny on the side. On one hand, he gave me the correct amount and didn't short me any. On the other hand, I wound up with $6.27 in pennies!! I has to use 2 cups in my drawer for pennies and they still spilled into my bill slots when I closed the drawer!!! I sold $1.60 to another cashier, but I still had tons of pennies O.O

Wait...what now?

Me: Hi how are you?
    Sucky Lady: I'm good...
    Me: That's great to hear! Go ahead whenever you're ready!
    SL: I want that Grande Meal for $10

Note: Grande Meal has any combination of 10 hard tacos, soft tacos, and bean burritos. You can also add a nacho bellgrande or mexican pizza (up to 2) for $2.49 each. You can get 10, 5 & 5, 4 & 6, 3 & 3 & 4, etc.

Me: How would you like that? (how many of each item would you like)
    SL: Chicken.
    Me: What?
    SL: I want them chicken.
    Me: Nonono! I ment how many bean burritos, and hard or sof tacos.
    SL: Oh ok. I want half and half.
    Me: Half and half what?
    SL: *huffs* Half of each!
    Me: I named 3 items.
    SL: Half hard tacos and half soft tacos!
    Me: Ok... *punches in order*
    SL: And I want half chicken, half steak.
    Me: Which is which?
    SL: Half and half.
    Me: But did you want the chicken on the soft or hard tacos?
    SL: It's half hard, half soft, half chicken, half steak!
    Me: I need to know which meat you want on which shell mam.
    SL: Oh...chicken soft and steak on the crunchy.
    Me: Thank you. And just so you know there is an extra charge for chicken and steak. Is that alright?
    SL: Yeah whatever...
    Me: Would you like to add a nacho bellgrande or a mexican pizza fir $2.49?
    SL: No...
    Me: Would you like anything else or anything to drink with that?
    SL: You messed up!
    Me: I'm sorry?
    SL: You messed upmy order!!
    Me: I thought you wanted half chicken soft tacos and half steak hard tacos.
    SL: The sign says $10! Why is my total $17?!!
    Me: Like I said, there is an extra charge for chicken and steak,
    SL: ...whatever.
    Me: Would you like beef instead?
    SL: Whatever...
    Me: Is that a yes or a no?
    SL: .....
    Me: .....
    SL: ......
    Me: .....mam?
    SL: Leave it how it is.

Alrighty then. I'm going to be as unspecific and obscure as possible then get mad when you don't understand what I want. Then, I'm going to ignore you when you tell me of the price difference and get more pissed when I see it on the screen. Infallible logic mam!!

Window War

In case I forgot to mention this little fact. It's freaking hot outside!!! After standing at the window a while, you start to feel light-headed and dizzy. I tried to open the window as little as possible to keep the cooler (by about 8 degrees) air in. Then this lady came thru and decided she wouldn't open her window. She would count her money with her window up and the AC blasting, but if I closed the window she would stop counting and give me the evil eye until I opened it again. How dare I try to preserve my sanity while she counts her bills in the blissful oasis that is her car. Eventually she counted her bills, rolled the window down 3 inches and poked the money out the slit. Really? I've been suffering in my black uniform for hours, sweating precious water from my skin and still finding it in me to smile and be polite and courteous to all the customers and she can't even roll the window down to hand me the money properly...nice. I had to lean wayyy out and slide her change thru the slot and she rolled it down 2 more inches to squash her food thru. I bet she called later to bitch about how her taco shells were cracked, her nacho supreme was spilled on the lid and her cinnamon twists were crushed. I wonder how that happened?
    Answers: $1
    Correct Answers: $2
    Answers that require thought: $5
    Dumb looks are still free.

I really have to hand it to you, Kisa. I think if I had to work at Chez Chihuahua I'd have a bullet in my brain within a week.
    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

The guy with the pennies reminds me of the guest I had a few years back who paid for his room and deposit entirely in ones.
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Once I had these two 10 year old girls try to pay me for two drinks--total was around $10--in ALL CHANGE. And not quarters and dimes, but primarily nickels and pennies! I refused to take it, citing the fact I didn't have nearly enough room in my drawer for all that coin. They scooped it up, went back to their backpacks, and returned within seconds with a $20 bill. SERIOUSLY?????

That woman with the window war....I would have left my DT window shut, and even walked away to do something else for a minute or two. I refuse to stand at the window, staring at them as they count change.
        Here's your sign...

Comment

Quoth EmilyRose1982 View Post
          Once I had these two 10 year old girls try to pay me for two drinks--total was around $10--in ALL CHANGE. And not quarters and dimes, but primarily nickels and pennies! I refused to take it, citing the fact I didn't have nearly enough room in my drawer for all that coin. They scooped it up, went back to their backpacks, and returned within seconds with a $20 bill. SERIOUSLY?????

That woman with the window war....I would have left my DT window shut, and even walked away to do something else for a minute or two. I refuse to stand at the window, staring at them as they count change.
          I wanted to tell him I didn't know it would be ALL change, but I was in shock and couldn't manage to form words properly I imagine it sounded like "I..umm..sir I you...can't...too much...aahhh....I mean...wow...Have a nice day..."
          Answers: $1
          Correct Answers: $2
          Answers that require thought: $5
          Dumb looks are still free.

Comment

That reminds me of the time one lady bought a $500 gift card with mostly small bills. >_<
            1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
            -----
            http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Quoth Kisa View Post

Me: Thank you. And just so you know there is an extra charge for chicken and steak. Is that alright?
              SL: Yeah whatever...

Me: Like I said, there is an extra charge for chicken and steak,
              SL: ...whatever.
              Me: Would you like beef instead?
              SL: Whatever...
              Me: Is that a yes or a no?
              SL: .....
              Me: .....
              SL: ......
              Me: .....mam?
              SL: Leave it how it is.
              One of my aunties banned the use of the word "whatever" in her house for just this reason. She says using that word encourages people not to think, not to make decisions, and not to accept consequences. Not a bad policy.

Comment

Ah, the great change dilemma. Personally, I'd like to be able to tell people like that to take it elsewhere. If I do, though, my manager gets mad and possibly writes me up. Doesn't matter what time of day or night it is. The other night, someone came in with dimes (nearly $7 worth) half an hour before closing. After polite discussion (no, really) he took them across the street to the 24 hr station (who needed them). I got in trouble for it when the manager came back from her weekend off. Yeah. I can't win sometimes.
                "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth RootedPhoenix View Post
                  That reminds me of the time one lady bought a $500 gift card with mostly small bills. >_<
                  That reminds me of the time my fiancee (RIP) had a stripper come in and pay for a $300 + part with all ones. Everyone knew her and knew she was a stripper. My fiancee had to count all of the money himself because his older coworker wouldn't touch it. The accountant caught wind of the whole thing and came down and got some mechanics gloves to do the deposit the next morning. We all thought it was hilarious.
                  "I've put in so many enigmas and puzzles that it will keep the professors busy for centuries arguing over what I meant, and that's the only way of insuring one's immortality."
                  - James Joyce

Comment

nicolej - IF it makes you feel any better , most bills have been...in a stripper's possession...at sometime during their existence.

As for accepting bags of change - this may vary by state, but in most, NOBODY required to accept huge amounts of coins as payment; let them take it to the bank or use the Coinstar machine. Even banks normally only accept that when it's being deposited, in person, inside of the bank, where thay can just have the machine count it.
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

One of my aunties banned the use of the word "whatever" in her house for just this reason. She says using that word encourages people not to think, not to make decisions, and not to accept consequences. Not a bad policy.
                      I agree. I have a co-worker who uses that word when she can't think of the term she wants, so her conversation literally sounds like this: "I can't even get the whatever because he won't talk to me, so I ended up sending the whatever instead..."

I just nod and agree with her. Takes too long to pry the facts out of her.
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Heh. At the store I worked at we had kids who primarily bagged groceries and as such had mostly 1 dollar bills. They'd try paying for 60-70 dollar games in them, and while I and my CW laughed because people would look at these underage boys and assume they were somehow turning tricks and get indignant looking, my manager finally laid down the 'no transactions over 20$ in 1 dollar bills." rule.
                        Tell a man there are 300 Billion stars in the universe and he’ll believe you.
                        Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he’ll have to touch to be sure.
                        -Unknown Author

Comment

Working...
                        X