X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Fun" cards

(It's my first actual post! Woohoo!)

So, a little bit of background. I work at "Bustice," a store that sells clothes for "tween" girls. Our store almost always has some kind of discount, be it an automatic in-store discount, a mailer card, or "B"-bucks and Fun Cards. All the information pertinent to B-bucks and Fun Cards is listed on the card. This means the dates the card is valid, the rules for the card, etc. But, as we all know, SCs don't read....

Like most stores, we don't allow most discounts to be combined. We just finished up with our Memorial Day sale yesterday, which involved the whole store being 40% off. We had to put this in manually because there are also Fun Cards valid right now. Fun Cards give a customer $25 towards a $50 or more purchase (when the total is $50 before tax, that is.) Customers could use the Fun Card or the 40% off. Not both. Some people don't understand this, though...

I get a lot of this one:

Me: All right, and your total is... *insert total here*
    SC: *hands me Fun Cards*
    Me: Okay, just to let you know, I can use either the Fun Cards or the 40% off.
    SC: *catbutt face*

Now, usually I'll look to see which is the better deal. If they're very close to $50, the Fun Card is the better deal, but anything further than, say, $60, and they're better off with the 40%. Because I know people like to save money, and because we're told to do so, I'll even split it up into multiple transactions so you're saving the most money possible. But then people complain that it's "stupid" that they can't combine them. I know some stores let you do that, but we don't. Those are the rules.

The lady I got the other day takes the cake, though. It started out as the above scenario, but then...

SC: Really? That's garbage.
    Me: I'm sorry, ma'am. If you'd like, I can split your purchase up into multiple transactions so you can use both discounts that way. Or would you like me to take something off? *trying to be as helpful as possible*
    SC: No, you can keep it all. I'm done with you people.
    Me:

She'll be back. They always are.

Hello! Welcome!

Comment

Quoth retailsweetie View Post
      SC: No, you can keep it all. I'm done with you people.
      Me:

She'll be back. They always are.
      You're right about that. Very few of us are that lucky.
      Congratulations on your first post.
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
      X