Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pageantmama - I wish there were more pageant mothers like you, it seems as though you have your head on good and straight.

I've seen the terrors on T&T, as my wife watches that show. Some of them should be in jail for child abuse, and some should just get....talked to, let's leave it at that, about how they are doing absolutely nothing but raising a new generation of snotty children who think that they are better than anyone else, and that the whole world revolves around them.

I wonder whether in 15 years or so TLC will have a follow up show for the worst of the worst - just to see how much snottier they've become.

Comment

Just a reminder (as we seem to have to do in most of pageantmama's threads) please keep discussion to the actions of the sucky customer being written about, rather than discussion and judgment of the child pageants in general.
      Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth pageantmama View Post
        . She even teaches my 2 year old son the moves she does and makes him do them until he gets it right Then she will give him a trophy and tell him Great job, you get a trophy, lol.
        For some reason, I read that as "Great job, you are a trophy".

As for the woman in your original post, the stupidity is strong in that one. There's more to pageants than just looking pretty....
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Sorry Ree, I don't mean to start a problem I will try and remember to post a reminder with my posts because I know my um, line of work, kind of starts a controversial conversation. It is almost as bad as being a stripper or something (not that there is anything wrong with that), when I tell people what I do and that my daughter is in pageants I get that "look". And then the lecture if they are bold enough. I kind of forget about that online.

Comment

It's not really your fault.

You should be able to vent, the same as others who work in fields that evoke strong negative reactions from people, (telephone sales, used car sales, etc.), and not have your thread turn into a condemnation of your field rather than discussion of the suckiness of your customer.
            Last edited by Ree; 06-15-2011, 09:39 AM.
            Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth pageantmama View Post
              To win on your own natural beauty with a plain dress and your personality instead of basically acting like a trained show dog, that is impressive.
              I think that rocks for the kid that she genuinely IS good-looking and pleasant to be around (which, I would think, is part of the Personality rating). Unfortunately, yeah, it looks like a trained show critter is exactly what her mom wants >_<
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

The mother sounds like a classic pushy parent who is all about winning at any cost.

Comment

Quoth Gibbo View Post
                  The mother sounds like a classic pushy parent who is all about winning at any cost.
                  A true SC wants to win at no cost.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                  X