Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why don't you just give me the discount anyway?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why don't you just give me the discount anyway?

This guy pissed me off.

I get a call asking how much our rate is.
    Me: $89.99
    SC: Can I get a discount?
    Me: Do you have AAA?
    SC: Yes
    Me: It's $79.99
    SC: I don't have the card. Just give me the discount anyway.
    Me: *sigh* fine

He shows up and pays cash. He declines the automatic $1.50 charge for our safe, so I click a simple button on the computer, and write the word "NO" where he would initial that he'd understand it's optional.

SC: Isn't there anything you can print out?
    Me: There isn't, but I wrote the word NO there on the reg card, and I checkedthe box not to charge you for the safe
    SC: This is fucking rediculous. Give me my $200 back
    Me: Sure. I need my $10.13 (the change I gave him) back

SC hesitates and finally returns the $10.13

SC (to his gf?) Let's get out of this shithole

That's funny, this was a nice place before you got mad at the $1.50 charge.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Wait. He saved ten dollars per night. And he balks at a 1.50 charge that he's not going to be charged anyway?

Good riddance to bad rubbish, I say.

Comment

I think he was mad at the lack of reciept. I would be to.

Comment

I maybe wrong but I don't think he was looking for a receipt I think he was looking for a print out stating that he would not be charged the 1.50.

Comment

He's not mad at the receipt because I told him he would get one in the morning (you know after room and tax is actually charged?) and the safe would not show up on the bill. Not good enough for him. I honestly think he was trying to scam us out of the $10.13 change I gave him.
          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I think I misunderstood something- he paid $200 for an $80 room or was that a typo?

Comment

Quoth Pairou View Post
              I think I misunderstood something- he paid $200 for an $80 room or was that a typo?
              Multiple nights i presume? + tax?
              There Can Be Only One

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                SC: I don't have the card. Just give me the discount anyway.
                Me: *sigh* fine
                See now, here was the big mistake. Since you gave in once, he clearly expected you to cave to all his demands no matter how pointless and insane.

Once your spine makes its grand reappearance, of course the hotel instantly becomes a s**thole
                Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

Quoth Pairou View Post
                  $89.87 for room and tax
                  $100 Cash deposit since he didn't have a CC

Comment

Quoth Lots42 View Post
                    I think he was mad at the lack of reciept. I would be to.
                    IDK. I think most people understand that you’re not going to get a receipt until after you have paid. In this case I would think that no one is going to know what his final bill would be until he checked out (i.e. is he going to charge a movie to the room? Is he going to use the phone for a long distance call? If the internet isn't free is he going to go online? Is there a snack bar? Is he going to smoke in a non-smoking room?) All these things will effect what his final bill will be.
                    You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious.

Comment

Quoth Caractacus_Potts View Post
                      IDK. I think most people understand that you’re not going to get a receipt until after you have paid. In this case I would think that no one is going to know what his final bill would be until he checked out (i.e. is he going to charge a movie to the room? Is he going to use the phone for a long distance call? If the internet isn't free is he going to go online? Is there a snack bar? Is he going to smoke in a non-smoking room?) All these things will effect what his final bill will be.
                      This...not to mention that some people think everything is ridiculous. Anything that takes more than 2 seconds or doesn't go exactly their way is worth whining and yelling about. I don't know how these people get through life because they're never happy even if they think they're getting what they want once in a while.
                      "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Working...
                      X