This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give me your Employee Discount!!!

I love people who beg for my employee discount, so I have started to give it to them..... they get really pissed, when I still charge them full price. I had to apologize to one jerk earlier in the week that I extended all the possible discounts I could to him, apparently people can't believe that I get min wage, work in a gas station, have to pay full price for my gas, don't get not even one free drink a shift, have to pay for a cup of ice if I want one, and that being in the military doesn't get me shit either. So yeah, im throwing this pizza out, that I don't get to eat because it is old, so HELL no, I'm not letting you just walk out with it either. Why on earth should I risk my job for them?

Why is it so hard for people to understand when you pull up in a fancy sports car with nice clothes and a wad a cash, I wish upon them horrible things for insulting me for not giving them free stuff I don't even get. They act like I'm the world's biggest douche, a title they don't want bestowed on them.
    I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

First off, let me say how shitty it is that you DON'T get a discount, given the work I know (as a fellow c-store worker) you do. The c-store I work at at least gives us half price food (kitchen only not the whole store) and free fountain drinks. That said...No, I do not get a discount on gas. No, I will not give anyone else my employee discount. Not even my family members. Why? Well, because I'd get fired, and everyone else would lose the privilege of discounts. No one's cheapness is worth my losing my job. End of story!
    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

I've never known of ANY UK retailer to do discount on gas, basically coz it's nearly all tax with the tiniest of tiny margins for the retailer.

Comment

Quoth autumn_soul View Post
        I've never known of ANY UK retailer to do discount on gas, basically coz it's nearly all tax with the tiniest of tiny margins for the retailer.
        Me either here in America, but you have to keep in mind these are SCs we are dealing with, half treat me like crap because I make min wage and they better than me. The other half treat me like crap because they act like I own the store and am out to get them.
        I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

I have never once even thought of asking someone to give me his/her employee discount. My brain just exploded.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Asking for a discount is one thing. Here at the tax office our employee discount is 100% (i.e. free for us) and that is only for the employee. The only time we give that kind of discount is on a amended return to correct one of our mistakes--a rare event, needless to say.
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

About the only place I worked at where I got a discount was McDonalds for a meal that I was eating there. The other place was the eatery place on campus if there was extra food left over when we closed. I never got a discount at the K supermarket place....

And no, I would never think to ask an employee for their discount...

Comment

my pizza place (an older BIG chain type) used to offer free food to the employees (up to like $5 or something like that) while on shift and a 15% discount of any sized order off shift. BUUUUUTTTTTT since the economy is in the shitter (esp after the insane $10 special they were stupid enough to run last year for 8 months AND lost a TON of money on) that benefit along with vacations went bye bye several years ago
                I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

We get a whopping 40% off full price merchandise at High End Home Store...of course, 60% of way too expensive is still way too expensive!!

I had someone get upset that we don't have a military discount. I felt bad about that too. At least the last department I worked in (the jewelry folks) were big on military support so we gave that one out pretty liberally.
                  "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                    my pizza place (an older BIG chain type) used to offer free food to the employees (up to like $5 or something like that) while on shift and a 15% discount of any sized order off shift. BUUUUUTTTTTT since the economy is in the shitter (esp after the insane $10 special they were stupid enough to run last year for 8 months AND lost a TON of money on) that benefit along with vacations went bye bye several years ago
                    Wait ..... vacations are no longer allowed?

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
                      Wait ..... vacations are no longer allowed?
                      well you can take time off BUT you are not paid for it (unless you average more than 32 hours a week in the last year which only a VERY few of us do)
                      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
                      X