This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You made me lose my job!

I feel bad for this lady, I do. She went a little nuts which is the sucky part.

Me:starts greeting and is cut off by screaming
    SC: you got me fired!
    Me: I'm ..sorry?
    SC: You got me fired!
    Me: I ...ma'am who were you trying to reach?
    SC: You! I told you to stop calling me at work and you wouldn't stop and my boss just fired me for having personal calls!

Our automated system calls customers the day before the delivery and if their account is past due. It calls the number on the account that was provided by the customer. We do have a do not call list.

Me: ma'am I'm ...terribly sorry-
    SC: I told you never to call me!
    Me: did you ask to have your number placed on our DNC list?
    SC: yeah, im on it! Telemarketers don't call me, how could you guys do that? You're going to get fined!
    Me: ma'am are yo referring to the federal DNC list?
    SC: yes! What other list is there?
    Me:...well...that list doesnt apply to companies you voluntarily have service with...and if it did, it still wouldn't apply to your work number unless it was on that list. I am sorry but you would have had to request to be placed on our DNC list for the company to avoid those calls.
    SC:!WELL I TELL YOU WHAT! I WANT THE NAME OF THE PERSON WHO CALLED ME AND ME AND MY THREE CATS ARE MOVING IN WITH THEM WHEN MY HOUSES GOES INTO FORECLOSURE!

I got her a manager who actually offered to try talking to her boss to explain tell misunderstanding as there was little else we could do but she hung up on him.

I have a strange feeling that was far from the only reason she got fired.
    "You are beginning to damage my calm."

Comment

Quoth Betweenshades View Post
      I was thinking the very same thing. People like that are NEVER at fault; it's always someone else's.

Comment

There had to be more of a reason than just that.

Comment

I'm sure there is more to the store but, the only part SC heard was fired for personal calls at work, it had nothing to do with piss poor performance. Stealing office supplies. And well those calls back and forth to her boyfriend on her personal cell phone while at work must not count as personal calls..... had to be that evil company.

I mean this is all just a guess, but I think i'm pretty close
          I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

Yeah and she had had service for years, so im sure we called more han once....if it was that serious I would hope she would have done something sooner.

Comment

No, it has nothing to do with Aqua or her company.

She is the one that put down the number the company called.
              She is the one who didn't CHANGE the number the first time it happened.

And if she didn't put down her work number, it means that it was her Cell, which she answered/left on/whatever.

Personal accountability ftw.

Comment

Quoth Betweenshades View Post
                And I have a feeling the occasional (or perhaps daily if in collections) calls from a water company weren't the only personal calls she was getting at work.
                You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious.

Comment

Quoth Caractacus_Potts View Post
                  And I have a feeling the occasional (or perhaps daily if in collections) calls from a water company weren't the only personal calls she was getting at work.
                  I really threw one caller a loop the other day. My credit card payment is a bit past due (less than a month) and they started calling - my house, my work, etc. When they called me at work, they of course started with "This call may be recorded for quality control purposes." My reply? "Well, I can tell you this call IS being recorded, as you have called on my work phone and all our calls are recorded." (I could tell this flustered her, and she almost ended the call.)

I guess it's okay for them to record us, but when we record them they get so defensive, you have to wonder....
                  I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Quoth Captain Trips View Post
                    I guess it's okay for them to record us, but when we record them they get so defensive, you have to wonder....
                    Probablty because when they say something actionable their copy of the recording conveniently erased or "lost".
                    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I really threw one caller a loop the other day. My credit card payment is a bit past due (less than a month) and they started calling - my house, my work, etc. When they called me at work, they of course started with "This call may be recorded for quality control purposes." My reply? "Well, I can tell you this call IS being recorded, as you have called on my work phone and all our calls are recorded." (I could tell this flustered her, and she almost ended the call.)

My company's policy is that if we are informed a caller is recording the call we tell them we don't allow that. Corporate reason is that we use the recordings for internal purposes only and your privacy is ensured while ours isn't. If they insist we end the call. Now a smartie would say oh ok I quit recording you and do it anyway. But they never do

Comment

I'm going to have to remember this. We don't automatically record calls at my work but the new phone system will allow me to record a call if I want and then emails me a .wav file of the recording.
                        You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious.

Comment

And Captain Trips, I love your screenname. I just rediscovered The Stand and Id forgotten how much u love it.

Comment

Quoth thansal View Post
                            No, it has nothing to do with Aqua or her company.

She is the one that put down the number the company called.
                            She is the one who didn't CHANGE the number the first time it happened.

And if she didn't put down her work number, it means that it was her Cell, which she answered/left on/whatever.

Personal accountability ftw.
                            This. How many calls did she receive before her boss decided enough was enough? Why did she give out that number if she wasn't supposed to get personal calls?
                            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Unless it was a cell number, why did she have her work number as a contact? That's just stupid to do.
                              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                              X