This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something for nothing

(And now I have an old Domino's commercial in my head. Anyway)

SC: I want to make a partial payment.

Notice customer's account is 158 days past due and pending write off.
    Me: how much would you like to pay?
    SC: what's the minimum amount to pay and get my service this week?
    Me: your total amount over 60 days is $129.24.
    SC: I only have $100
    Me: well, that will cover your oldest open balance and ft you out of danger of going to collections. We still cannot deliver until the additional $29.24 is paid but-
    SC: no, I need my water.
    Me: ok, well in order to deliver we would need the full amount of $129.24.
    SC: why do you need the full balance?
    Me: actually your full balance is $158.67. We only require the amount past due by more than 60 days to resume service.
    SC: so im paying you $100 and I don’t get nothing for it?
    Me: that balance is made up of charges for water we already delivered.
    SC: then I ain't paying nothing!
    Me: I would advise you to pay the $100 to avoid going to collections.
    SC: YOU AINT SENDING ME TO COLLECTIONS! ILL SUE YOU!
    Click

Sadly, some people think that they can sue you for affecting their credit score if they don't think that they deserved it. Unfortunately, they often spend more on Attorney's fees than they originally owed before they figure out that it's not going to work.

Comment

Quoth AquaGirl View Post
      (And now I have an old Domino's commercial in my head. Anyway)
      Get out of my head, AquaGirl! I had that jingle in my head this weekend, too!
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth AquaGirl View Post
        SC: so im paying you $100 and I don’t get nothing for it?
        A collector off your back is nothing?

Quoth AquaGirl View Post
        Me: that balance is made up of charges for water we already delivered.
        SC: then I ain't paying nothing!
        Click
        Go ahead, you have a lame case.
        Last edited by taxguykarl; 06-21-2011, 02:19 AM.
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

What a maroon. Hope he likes his phone ringing off the hook night and day, and hearing from all his friends and family that they're getting collections calls too since he won't answer them...
          "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth AquaGirl View Post
            Click
            So, I hope after a brief overview, the lawyer is smart to collect the cash before doing any services.... and probably enjoy losing.
            I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

Quoth BeenThereDoneThat View Post
              What a maroon. Hope he likes his phone ringing off the hook night and day, and hearing from all his friends and family that they're getting collections calls too since he won't answer them...
              Actually, if he's in the U.S., they'd better not. There are laws in place (now) as to how collections can proceed - and calls can only be during regular hours (say, 8 am to 8 pm) and can NOT be placed to family members or employers. Violating these (and various other stipulations) will actually cancel the debt, so collections agencies are now being careful to be polite and respectful - or they get nothing. (We've actually gotten some debts negated this way - if they keep calling and harassing, then they have broken the fair debt collections act and the debt is no more.)

So, send him to collections - they will treat him with more respect than he deserves.
              I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Quoth Captain Trips View Post
                Actually, if he's in the U.S., they'd better not. There are laws in place (now) as to how collections can proceed - and calls can only be during regular hours (say, 8 am to 8 pm) and can NOT be placed to family members or employers. Violating these (and various other stipulations) will actually cancel the debt, so collections agencies are now being careful to be polite and respectful - or they get nothing. (We've actually gotten some debts negated this way - if they keep calling and harassing, then they have broken the fair debt collections act and the debt is no more.) So, send him to collections - they will treat him with more respect than he deserves.
                They can call employers and family, until told to stop.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Captain Trips View Post
                  Actually, if he's in the U.S., they'd better not. There are laws in place (now) as to how collections can proceed - and calls can only be during regular hours (say, 8 am to 8 pm) and can NOT be placed to family members or employers. Violating these (and various other stipulations) will actually cancel the debt, so collections agencies are now being careful to be polite and respectful - or they get nothing. (We've actually gotten some debts negated this way - if they keep calling and harassing, then they have broken the fair debt collections act and the debt is no more.)
                  Hmm, maybe that explains why we rarely get phone calls meant for my stepdaughter these days...she doesn't live here anymore and I don't know if they still try to call her or not.
                  "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

My dad sometimes get collections mail for me, at an address I've never lived at. (My ex ruined my credit score by putting a lot of stuff in my name). I tried to get his address taken off my credit report, but had no success. Oh well, mail is not very harassing.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                      They can call employers and family, until told to stop.
                      Technically, they can only call them to find the debtor--they can't say what the calls pertain to. See Debtorboards for more info on these matters.
                      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                      X