This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Oh I call allll the time!"

Recently I returned to the photographic retail mess that is The Portrait Studio... And anytime I get a closing shift, the weirdos come out and I usually leave an hour after my shift was supposed to end.

Last night was no different, except my manager was there to witness it. Our gate's across, our CLOSED sign is up. It's a little past closing since even as we'd put our gate across, people kept pushing through it and crawling under it to come get passport photos as we're trying to wind down so we can get the fuck out of dodge.

It's sorta like the Zombie movies where the heroes pile the crap in front of the door to keep the zombies out and they may as well have stacked piles of toilet paper in front of it...

Anyway... our layout is like this...

---------wall-------*
    g
    a
    t
    e
    counter****
    l
    register e
    d
    us g
    e

We've done the paperwork and we're cashing out the register when somebody comes up to the ledge which is armpit height and has a bench on the other side to deter people from coming up to it and using it as a counter. This doesn't phase her in the least and she goes into...

"Oh you're closed!!???"

We closed at 6.. It was now twenty after because of the last minute passport rush. "Yes M'am. We closed at 6."

"Oh well your website says 7."

No it doesn't... We watch as she whips out her blackberry and pulls up the store's website and shows us and it says 7. My manager asks her SEVERAL times...

"Where is this? What website?" and pulls up our own website on our computer and wherever in the hell she got it, we can't find what she's showing us on her smartphone...

"Guhhh.. It's Host Store's website! See? Uptown Host Store Portrait Studio... And over here it has the hours for the 1 hour photo... Oh I call you guys all the time... Any time I have a problem with your flyers... Oh I do this all the time... I get coupons and everything... After all it's YOUR fault.. So what are you going to give me for my troubles? I came all the way down here and your website says 7 and I should be compensated."

She's admitting to being an SC and being proud of it?!?!! They're breeding them stronger nowadays...

"We're not host store... We're like McDonald's..."

"Oh... Well who are you guys?"

"ABC Photography..."

"Oh... ABC..." Writes it down... "So you're not going to give me anything?"

"It's not our error, m'am. You'll have to take it up with Host Store." My Manager says again..

The SC FINALLY leaves and we continue our closing.

"SEE!!! I TOLD YOU THIS WAS THE REASON I LEAVE AN HR LATE!!!" I said to my Manager.

"Christ.. I hope our boss doesn't give her anything for free. I won't do it... That's fucking ridiculous. Let's get the hell out of here.."

Apart from that we got a random large family who came in just after the woman left and asked for passport photos. When we said we were closed. "Well can't you just take a photo. It's just a photo."

"And we're just closed. We reopen tomorrow at 10!" My manager said brightly. Repeating it in triplicate as the father repeated "It's just a photo."

I kinda love my boss. LOL.. Yeah just a photo of you and your ten fucking kids. GO HOME!

</end rant>

The concept of closed is such an issue for these people that it really makes me glad I'm not a funeral director.

Comment

Yes I can take a photo. IT will cost the overtime fee, which is $125.00 per person, + $100 per hour, minimum 2 hours, all must be paid in advance. Let's see, you have 12 people and it takes about 20 minutes per person, so 3 per hour if no issues with the sitter, that's 3 hrs at least, + an hour to get the pictures printed, so it will take 4 hours total at least, so that will be $1900 paid in advance. Cash only. Or you could come in tomorrow morning and save about $1600.

Comment

Do they do that everywhere?

"It's just a medical exam."
        "It's just a shampoo and set."
        "It's just two full carts of groceries."
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
          Do they do that everywhere?

"It's just a medical exam."
          "It's just a shampoo and set."
          "It's just two full carts of groceries."
          ... yes. Yes they do.

Comment

Working...
          X