Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Complete insanity. (Language. Lots of it.)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh my, I think I need that fabric for my dragons.
    I'm so excited that I go to order some Spark stuff! :P I have two finger puppets already, and they are currently being awesomesauce toppers for my perfume bottles.
    To get back to the topic, I haven't had a jerk like that guy order from me yet, but I'm scared for if/when it will happen. The worst I've had so far is someone requesting a copyrighted character and when I told them I wouldn't make it, but maybe I could do something similar, they freaked out. Said they owned the copyright () and so I had to make it...sorry dude but you are like...18-ish? and I doubt you own toothless.
    Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
    http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

Heeee. I think somebody needs to learn what "copyright" menas there. I get copyright breaking requests ALL the time. I"ll bend it in cases where I know the copyright owner isn't anal about it, (which the Pokemon Company isn't, though I wouldn't touch anything by Disney with a fifty foot pole) and I enjoy making my Loonakits, which are different enough from the original designs to not worry me, but what some people want! The ones that really bug me are the ones who send me another costume maker's work as references. NO I will not rip off my peers. If you'd steal designs from them, how can I trust you wouldn't steal from me too?
      The best advice is this: Don't take advice and don't give advice. ~Author Unknown

Nobody can give you wiser advice than yourself. ~Cicero

See the fuzzy - http://bladespark.livejournal.com/

Comment

Oh, I know right? Or they pull the whole "You made [this] item!"
        Actually, no I didn't. I just shared a pic, with credit, of the item on my blog because I loved it.
        Or the whole "No this is my OC nightfury, toothfull. See, he has teeth. He looks exactly like toothless, but with a blue tail fin prosthesis."
        Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*

Comment

Don't they understand 'derivative works'?

Oh yeah, they don't.
          Seshat's self-help guide:
          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Most people don't know what that is, I guess.
            I told them I could make a black salamander dragon of a different (it looks kind of similar, different wings and overall more axolotl-ish though) design and they were like "Why are youuuu soo meeannnn? Thiss is my besttttt characterrrrrrrr! I just want it to be exactly like thisssssss! Why won't you doo it's tailfinnnnnn!?"

I refused the commission. If they can find someone to make their plushie just like they want it, go ahead.

Comment

Quoth RootedPhoenix View Post
              I will spend my life hunting for this most glorious fabric! It shall be my life's quest.

( okay, not really, but still......)
              Try JoAnn just before Halloween. I don't know if they carry it every year, but last year they had this gorgeous sheer fabric that changed color from metallic green to metallic purple when it moved. Yes, I'm still kicking myself for not buying some (even though I have no idea what I would've done with it, it was really, really cool!).
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I would make up something to use such pretty fabric.
                Might I suggest chameleons?

Comment

Two-tone fabric used to be in fashion over thirty years ago, back when I was at youngling school.

Rapscallion

Comment

Come to think of it, I had a pair of parachute/genie/wtf do you call them? pants that were the color change blue-purple-red in elementary school. I loved those pants to death.

Comment

Quoth zombiequeen View Post
                      I would make up something to use such pretty fabric.
                      Might I suggest chameleons?
                      Brilliant idea!
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                        Maybe put some (felt) bacon in it's hands?
                        Mmmm, bacon.

Quoth fireheart View Post
                        with some sparkly hooves as well?
                        Crap, someone remembered the SPARKLIES. I'm about to be mobbed, I just know it.
                        Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                          Crap, someone remembered the SPARKLIES. I'm about to be mobbed, I just know it.
                          You are known as the CS unihorn...
                          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

The Leafeon actually does have pupils, but the sclera are such a dark brown on their own, that the pupils/irises don't really show well.

Quoth spark View Post
                            I've done a sorta fizzgig already. It was fun. http://www.sparkcostumes.com/gallery...bum=106&pos=77
                            I like how the pics progress from loonakit, to loonakit plus cat, to cat with loonakit.

Quoth zombiequeen View Post
                            Come to think of it, I had a pair of parachute/genie/wtf do you call them? pants that were the color change blue-purple-red in elementary school. I loved those pants to death.
                            Harem pants.

^-.-^
                            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                              You are known as the CS unihorn...
                              So he's made out of horn or is he just one big horn?

Anyone else wanna join me in blinging up RetailWorkhorse?
                              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I -do- own a bedazzler, just sayin'

Comment

Working...
                                X