This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm accused of being a spy (long)

Friday at work was insane! We have Big Soccer Day, where 500+ teams descend upon our fair town. We were host to at least three of those teams.

What part of "come back later" can't you get?

Now, the thing about Friday mornings is that they come after Thursday nights. On Thursday night, we fill up with people who are taking the boat to Alaska on Friday. Said boat does not leave until 6pm on Friday. These people have nothing else to do in the meantime other than go wait in line, so they drag their feet checking out. Which means virtually no early check-outs. And since we were full, no early check-ins, either.

At 9am, the soccer parents began to descend upon us. I was in the back office working on filing, but I could overhear CW1 trying to explain why she could not check them in at that time.

SC: "I'm here to check in. I have a reservation."
    CW1: "Unfortunately, we don't have any rooms clean yet. We are still waiting for people to check out, and my housekeepers aren't even hear yet. The earliest I can have your room ready is 1pm."
    SC: "You don't have anything ready yet?"
    CW1: *gives explanation*
    SC: "...people checked out?"
    CW1: "No, not yet. There are still people in the rooms. They have until noon to check out."
    SC: "....why are people in my room? I don't understand. I have a reservation!"

Lather, rinse, and repeat a few times each hour.

Battle with the washer

I ended up working in laundry, due to being short-staffed in housekeeping. I only had two housekeepers, and 60 rooms to clean.

The washer started buzzing. This means the drain is clogged. I reset it. I'm informed it was doing this the previous weekend, and we ended up spending a large sum of money to fix it. Fortunately, the clog seemed to have passed.

Battle with the dryers

Both our guest laundry dryers went tits up. We called out a tech. They didn't show up until Saturday, which means we had to probably pay out the arse. All it turned out to be was that someone jammed a Canadian quarter in there.

Rude B*tch

As I was stripping rooms, I encountered Rude B*tch, henceforth referred to as RB.

Me: "Are you checking out?" (Note: Big Soccer Weekend has us almost sold out, so if someone wants to stay over, they'd likely have to move to a smoking room or would otherwise be SOL.)
    RB: "No, I'm staying over."
    Me: "Well...we're almost full, and it's after checkout, so you need to contact the front desk ASAP to make sure they have room for you."
    RB: *in a very snotty tone* "I just woke up! I know I have to go down and see what 'the deal' is!" *slams door in my face*
    Me: O_0

I can hear the bells buzzer

Went to the bank. As I was leaving, I thought, "God, I can just hear the washer going tits up again." Then I realized that the sound wasn't in my head. I rolled down the window to listen better. They're remodeling that shopping center, and they were testing the newly-installed fire alarm, and it sounds exactly like the buzzer on the washing machine.

It's never simple

When I came into work, I had a set of keys, an address, and a CC number on my desk with the note "She wants these mailed to her." There's an expiration date, but no zip code, which UPS needs. I've told the CW who left this note before to verify the zip code, since they don't always match up with the mailing address. Of course, that was exactly what happened when I attempted to ship these keys. We called the guest, and she gave us the same zip code. They ended up overriding it using my ID. That better not come back to bite me in the ass later.

Rude B*tch, continued

CW1 told me that RB was moving to a smoking room, and that she was going to probably complain to Corporate about me. She told CW1 I said that she needed to pay or get the hell out. While I was stressed, and wasn't at my most chipper, I don't believe I was quite that rude. I told CW1 that if she thought I was rude, then the feeling was mutual.

Okay, now you can be a little frustrated

When CW2 came to relieve CW1, CW1 went to go help HK. It was literally a constant wave of soccer parents wanting rooms. I went to talk to CW2 about some paperwork I needed her to fill out. While the line wasn't long, it was constant. It would be about three deep, and as soon as she finished with one set of guests, another would walk in. I thought about joining in, but I was afraid to get sucked in, and housekeeping was really short-staffed, so I opted to head back out.

We still didn't have rooms ready for most of the parents. It was 3pm. If we had the proper staff, we'd have been done by then, but since half our staff was on vacation and the other half had been arrested (at least it feels that way), yeah, we were running a bit behind. (The final room wasn't done until 7pm).

Rude B*tch says I'm a spy

CW2 added a note to RB's file. RB told CW2 she doesn't want me near the room, and that she thinks I'm a lookout for "the others" who are out to harm her. So, now I've gone from just being rude to being a spy for her enemies.

Yes, guests can use the pool

Later in the evening (I was staying on property for the weekend), I wandered into the vending room to purchase foodstuffs, and CW2 told me a guest had complained the kids in the pool weren't guests. I looked out, recognized them as being in the rooms next to mine, and told CW2 they were fine.

We have Soccer Group(s), as well as some sort of destination birthday party (which was the group I saw out there). Kids like to swim in pools. So when every other room has kids, yeah it's going to be crowded. You aren't the only guests here. Suck it up and deal.

After it all, I went to my room and pretended the Martinelli's was alcoholic. Can't drink alcohol while on duty.

ETA: Today (Sunday), RB walked into the office. I had a smile and said "Hello" before I even saw who it was. It was RB, who was carrying a bundle of blankets (not ours).

RB: "Yeah, I...Oh, no." *turns and hightails it out of office as soon as she notices it's me*
    Last edited by bhskittykatt; 06-27-2011, 04:48 AM.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

LOL...too bad RB is probably gone by now, you probably could have had some real fun with that paranoia of hers
    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Working...
    X