This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst Person I've Ever Ticketed!

I like to keep the fire lanes clear on my shift. It's hard in front of the *al *art because it's just so busy. So our policy is giving vehicles a warning to move after they've been sitting for 3-minutes. After about another 5-minutes, we ticket. If the vehicle is unoccupied and sitting for 5-minutes, it automatically gets a ticket. I always time on my watch.

I was on the sidewalk going to get something for lunch. There were 2-cars sitting in the lane with people in them. I gave the first car a warning. The second car had only a passenger, but I asked her if she could move the car just the same. I told both I'd give them 2-more minutes. THEN I recognized the passenger in the 2nd car. She's a foul-mouthed girl anywhere from the age of 16-30, though I'm thinking young 20s, very in-your-face, that I have actually ticketed twice before in another car as the driver for....sitting in the fire lane! Both times she cursed me out too. But I give her the same warning as the other car and go in the store. 4-minutes later actually I come out and both cars are still sitting there. The first car moves, angry girl refuses, screaming I'm always picking on her, I'm out to get her, she doesn't have a license, etc. I simply say that in that case I'll have to ticket the vehicle since she can't move it. She then drives the vehicle and parks. I go back to the office.

7-minutes later I go outside to stock the security vehicle, look down the sidewalk and see that the car is BACK IN THE FIRE LANE! This time it's empty. Since it's also 3-strikes your out, I start the ticket. angry girl comes-out of the store, looks at me and climbs into the passenger seat. I finished the ticket and put it on the windshield. Cue her screaming at me again that I'm out to get her, I didn't tell any other cars to move, her friend has a bad leg and can't walk far... I can't get a word in edgewise. Oh, about the walking, this car had handicap tags; there was an open handicap spot directly across from where the car was sitting, 20 feet max!

I ask her to calm down, customers are staring and her language was making the stonework flake! She kept screaming, yanked the ticket off the car and said that she was going to take it and shove it up my a**! I just nodded 'all right' and walked away. She screams after me that it's 'nothing' for her to pay a $15 ticket, blah blah blah.

Joy of joys, her friend comes out, now pissed that there's a ticket on her car because of angry girl, who flips it all so that it was completely my fault. Now they're both screaming. I cut them off and said that their behavior was unacceptable and I was telling them now to leave property. They refused. I said I would call the police. They got in the car, but pulled into a parking space. I told them no, you are leaving now. Cue angry girl getting out of the car to scream at me more, plus now they were waiting for a friend. Uh-Huh. I just starting pulling away with my phone in my hand. They, surprisingly, got back in the car and left.

Gods!

I admit, I've run into angry girl far more than usual; it seems like she was picking-up her friend after a shift at the store at a certain time which overlapped with the time I do most of my outdoor tours; lunch time and dinner time when there's the most traffic. Pure coincidence. And hers is a very common car, so I didn't know it was the same person until the computer informed me it was already in the system. Sigh. I don't think I've seen the last of them, and wrote a page-long detail for my Manager so she doesn't get any surprises!

And the combined force of their screaming started me a migraine for the rest of the night!
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

And her friend bought her story that it was your fault? You didn't park her car there. Honestly, what is so hard for these idiots to understand? EW's, both of them.

Sorry you had to deal with that. I hope they never come back.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Twats - the pair of them. People like that don't deserve to be out in public sometimes!

Comment

You kept your cool better than I would have! I probably would have said something along the lines of "The fire lane needs to be kept clear for emergency vehicles. In emergency situations, a matter of seconds can mean the difference between life and death. How would you feel if the few seconds it would take for an emergency vehicle to push your car out of the way meant death for someone else?"
        "Redheads have at least a 95% chance of being gorgeous. They're also concentrated evil." - Irv

"This is all strange, uncharted territory and your hamster only has three legs." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Parking in fire lanes is illegal.

Have you learned nothing from SCs? "It's against the LAAAWWWWW!!!!!!!"
          Women can do anything men can.
          But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
          Maxine

Comment

Sorry you had to deal with this horrible being. And more then once.

*offers chocolate and alcohol*
            Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
            Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Just hand out copies of This picture and let them know you are legally allowed to do that in case of emergency...

Originally Posted by edible_hat
              (also, wouldn't lube work better in a f***ing machine?)

Comment

Quoth Wembley View Post
                Just hand out copies of This picture and let them know you are legally allowed to do that in case of emergency...

Priceless . . . .
                They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

$15 ticket for a fire lane? Cheapest I've seen are $100-$150. Personally, I'd tell her that next time she doesn't get a warning, it's an automatic ticket. And if she chooses to raise her voice at you ever again, it's an automatic ban for the day and/or a call to the police.

But then, you probably aren't allowed to do that, are you.
                  A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                    $15 ticket for a fire lane? Cheapest I've seen are $100-$150. Personally, I'd tell her that next time she doesn't get a warning, it's an automatic ticket. And if she chooses to raise her voice at you ever again, it's an automatic ban for the day and/or a call to the police.

I'm going to ask my manager about her, because she never fails to cause a fuss and this time disturbed customers. I think now it's grounds for disorderly conduct.

Oh, the tickets are probably less due to it being private property; not city streets. But that's ONLY if they're paid within 10-days. If not, it goes-up to $150 for fire lane, $250 for handicap when the police issue a citation. If that's not paid, they get an arrest warrant. If they go to court and fight the citation, and lose, they pay the ticket, citation and court costs.
                    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Not only is it legal for firefighters to run the hose through a car window like that, but around here they often have a hose 'accident' that leads the interior of the car getting sopping wet. Damage that isn't covered by the city or car insurance because the vehicle was illegally parked.

Comment

Since parking in the fire lane is such a safety hazard, it should merit a large ticket and an automatic tow.

Where's Argabarga when you need him?
                        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                          Where's Argabarga when you need him?
                          Hooking up with someone, I expect.
                          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                            And if she chooses to raise her voice at you ever again, it's an automatic ban for the day and/or a call to the police.

Quick question -- does your Security vehicle have a video camera, and did it catch her moving the car...after she admitted that she *does not have a license*...? If so, I'm sure the local po-po would be interested to hear about that...
                            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Where I work, while it's an auditorium and not a car park, we need to keep aisles clear as in an emergency they become escape routes. You'd be amazed how many people think that's it alright for them to stand there because 'oh it's only me', or 'my leg is sore' or 'I'm not hurting any one' or 'I can't go up all those stairs again'. I love it when I tell them they're blocking a fire exit and they get all indignant and go 'oh, I'm not'.

The good thing is our supervisors always back us up and if we can't move them, they will.
                              the end of an era is not the completion of a destiny. Momentum comes when we believe the best for the future, we keep speaking life into the future, and we commit to the future - Brian Houston

Comment

Working...
                              X