X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The d's

Dumb:

SC: I canceled my delivery and 5 minutes later I got a reminder call for my delivery. That's sloppy!
    Me: I'm sorry sir. That is an automatic call that is preprogrammed once a day so if you cancel you call the day the reminder call is scheduled, it is too late to update it. However I assure you that you will not get a delivery tomorrow.
    SC: thanks for not giving me an explanation!

Dumber:

SC: water was delivered to my old address after I moved.
    Me: looks like you placed your account on hold but the hold ended on-
    SC: That was a 3 month hold!
    Me:...yes, placed in Feb.
    SC:...
    Me:...
    SC:...No one told me it was only 3 months!

Dumbest:

SC: I hate you people! Who ever heard of a credit check for water!? I'm never getting your service and I'm telling everyone I know not to use you guys either!
    Me: I am sorry ma'am. If you prefer not to run a credit check you can place a credit or debit card on file for recurring payment.
    SC: What? I can't get a bank account, much less a credit card!

SC: I hate you people! Who ever heard of a credit check for water!? I'm never getting your service and I'm telling everyone I know not to use you guys either!
    Me: I am sorry ma'am. If you prefer not to run a credit check you can place a credit or debit card on file for recurring payment.
    "In that case, ma'am, we'll waive the credit check. For you it'll be cash up front for the full year."
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

SC 1: Why does it even matter!?
      SC 2: I am continuelly surprised by how many morons don't update stuff after they move.
      SC 3: Yeah, good luck getting anything that has to be billed to you. Cash is going to be your friend for quite a while.

Comment

Quoth AquaGirl View Post
        Dumbest:
        Me: Thank you for sharing. I'm not sorry and our policy is logical. Good bye and good luck!
        Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

Quoth notlovinit View Post
          Because it's annoying. I'd be a bit perturbed if I got a reminder call right after cancelling, but I'd also accept the apology and explanation. Sounds like he expected Aquagirl to admit someone was an idiot.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth AquaGirl View Post
            SC: thanks for not giving me an explanation!
            Wha....buh...??? In what way was that NOT a clear and concise explanation?! ... So basically, he just didn't listen to you, having decided IN ADVANCE that he was going to say this crap... I guess he's just going by the script, but sheesh...

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
            Sounds like he expected Aquagirl to admit someone was an idiot.
            I'm fairly certain that AquaGirl would have no problem admitting that this guy was an idiot
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth notlovinit View Post
              It's hellaciously annoying.

Hell, I canceled the local paper, and told them why.

Every once in a while, they call me to see if I want to resubscribe. When I say no, they offer half a trillion deals. I explain, again, why I canceled. On and on and on.

At least when they email me or send offers through the post office, it's easier to ignore.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
                It's hellaciously annoying.

Hell, I canceled the local paper, and told them why.

Every once in a while, they call me to see if I want to resubscribe. When I say no, they offer half a trillion deals. I explain, again, why I canceled. On and on and on.

At least when they email me or send offers through the post office, it's easier to ignore.
                Well...he canceled one delivery, not his service. He was upset that he still got a reminder call. If he canceled completely he won't continue to get calls, we do purge those lists. He expected that we would update an autodialer (programmed by a third party) continuously throughout the day so if he canceled 15 min before he was scheduled to get a call we wouldn't call him. I can see being concerned that the delivery wasn't canceled but honestly there's just no way we can accommodate that request.

Comment

Working...
                X