Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Night of the Living SC's (Rated S for Sucky)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the junebugs are finally gone here for this season. I killed one last Saturday night and saw a dead one by my door on Tuesday morning.

If I've gone three nights without seeing them, they are gone. There used to be tens of them at one time buzzing about. I couldn't even go outside to smoke after dark because they would dive-bomb me.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Holy crap those things are nasty and I 100% understand freaking out.

Why are they called fish flies?
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
        What's a fishfly?
        The are really called mayflies, but they come in june/july around here so us Michigan folk call them fishflies. They are 120% harmless. They cannot bite, eat, poop, secrete toxins, or anything even remotely dangerous. They live 1-2 days to feed fish and birds, then die. They come one month each year.
        Attached Files
        Answers: $1
        Correct Answers: $2
        Answers that require thought: $5
        Dumb looks are still free.

Comment

I'm beginning to think you need someone to stand out in your parking lot with a flamethrower, my dear.

Comment

Oy! I hate those little buggers. My dad lives on Lake Erie and they cover EVERYTHING! One year, they were so bad, Port Clinton had to get the snow plows out to clear them off the road. I swollowed one as a kid and about died. We don't get them by me, too far inland thank goodness!

Comment

They make awesome bait. Catch them swarming, put em on a hook and toss it in the water... guaranteed to catch fish within fifteen minutes.

Comment

When I had a bichir, I used to catch them and feed them to her. Sometimes I give them to the lizard too.
                June bugs and hellgrammites though, no way! they hurt when they hit you.
                Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
                http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

We used to get those downtown (it's right on Lake Erie) but not this year...strange. The birds loved 'em, I remember seeing a starling with it's beak so full of flies that they were sticking out of his mouth.
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth UncleImpy View Post
                    I'm beginning to think you need someone to stand out in your parking lot with a flamethrower, my dear.
                    Where's Misanthropical when you need her?

SC
                    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

my guinea fowls absolutely love any sort of bug .... since starting to keep them as pets we have not been infested by ticks, lady bugs, june bugs or anything
                      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth slavetotheman View Post
                        But how could the little girl have gone potty in the sandbox when Bert ate the sandbox over 20 years ago?
                        Stop, STOP!!! You people are killing me!

Comment

For the Fishflies, your crew might want to invest in Off Clip-on devices. Relatively cheap, they clip to your belt and last quite some time. Pretty effective from what I have experienced.
                          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

So, you think those clip ons work? I've never tried one, they look gimmicky to me. But I'd love to stick on on my kid, if they in fact work. Are they effective against mosquitoes?

I was wondering what kind of flies "fishflies" were. We call them "mayflies" around here. They do get thick when they're out.

Comment

You know if you ever see another child not buckled you can write down the license plate number and the make and color of car, or even just color. Then call the police dept and let them know and they will look for the person and let them know they need to buckle. Most the time they will get a ticket, at the least. I have done it myself while driving down the road. I will tell my son, hey remember this plate number(he has a super awesome memory, lol) and pull over and call. I have started out driving again and got the pleasure of seeing the car up the road pulled over up the road because there happened to be a cop nearby to pull her over It was especially pleasurable because this one had a 2-3 year old little boy hanging his body out one window and about a 5 year old hanging out the other. The 5 year old was stretching out the window trying to touch mailboxes and the little ones almost got hit in the head with a trucks sideview mirrors. When I sloooowly drove past it looked like she did not have any carseats at all

Comment

Working...
                              X