• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short and Sweet

Me: Well, me
    SC: ...you know
    Setting: Emergency travel call center

SC: Is everyone at your company as belligerent as you?

Me: I'm really not sure. (Yes, I really said this...he asked, after all)

Three guesses as to why I was 'belligerent', and the first two don't count.

Of course, we all know the answer. I had to say the dreaded N word.

NO!!!!!!! (said politely and not at all with attitude)

Plus side is that I don't think I've ever been referred to as belligerent before. That's a new one.
    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Why didn't you get a copy of that memo? Did it not have one of the new cover sheets with it?

Apparently the word "no" is now considered one of the expletives - at least in SC World that is.
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

"No, they're even worse. Want me to transfer you?"
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

A guy at a company I had to work with once harassed me until I cried. This, in his mind, was me being belligerent. Go figure!
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          "No, they're even worse. Want me to transfer you?"
          Damn, Irv. Can I borrow your quick wit the next time one of these assholes mouths off to me?
          "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

I can just see the sign posted on our shop floor now....

"If you think our staff are rude, you should see the manager'
            Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

I had to say no a lot tonight. Especially to one guy who just kept begging me to price match, etc. I hate to use the EW moniker with him because he was very nice, but geez...quit it with the penny pinching already. I had to go to the team leads at least 3 separate times to ask for accommodations for him. I am SO going to try to get Labor Day off completely...
              "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

I LOVE the people at our emergency travel call center. (Which I shall call "Continent-I-Live-On Express") They have always been patient, competent, and moved freakin' mountains to get me out of more jams than I can count.

They are worth every penny of the $50 or so my company pays when I call them.

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
                  SC: Is everyone at your company as belligerent as you?
                  Wow. 4 syllables. I see public education has done a lot for you.

Actually, I'm in training. Queen B**** is beside me giving me tips, though. Any pointers?

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
                    I can just see the sign posted on our shop floor now....

"If you think our staff are rude, you should see the manager'
                    Heh. That's coincidental, because I was the supervisor on duty at the time. He had been transferred to me because another one of my agents had said the dreaded 'N' word, and the SC declared him 'rude' asked for his supervisor. I told him 'no' too, then I was pronounced belligerent.

Quoth BeenThereDoneThat View Post
                    I had to say no a lot tonight. Especially to one guy who just kept begging me to price match, etc. I hate to use the EW moniker with him because he was very nice, but geez...quit it with the penny pinching already. I had to go to the team leads at least 3 separate times to ask for accommodations for him. I am SO going to try to get Labor Day off completely...
                    Another coincidence because I just emailed my boss and told her I don't wanna work labor day now.

Quoth sirwired View Post
                    I LOVE the people at our emergency travel call center. (Which I shall call "Continent-I-Live-On Express") They have always been patient, competent, and moved freakin' mountains to get me out of more jams than I can count.

They are worth every penny of the $50 or so my company pays when I call them.
                    I'd SOOO love to know who the company is. I wouldn't be adverse to a PM! My call center does have an location on another continent too, so I wonder if it's ours.

And you're likely treated well because YOU treat the agents with respect. That's all it takes to get great service out of most of us.

Quoth hornet95 View Post
                    Wow. 4 syllables. I see public education has done a lot for you.

Actually, I'm in training. Queen B**** is beside me giving me tips, though. Any pointers?
                    Awesome. Keep 'em coming!
                    Last edited by Peppergirl; 07-06-2011, 03:10 AM.

Comment

I think the time has come to replace the dreaded "n" word with the now classic:

"I am disinclined to acquiesce to your request."
                      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                        I think the time has come to replace the dreaded "n" word with the now classic:

"I am disinclined to acquiesce to your request."
                        "....?!"

"Means 'No.'"
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                        X