This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F*&^ ebay customers!

So I've been selling off a few house hold items that I no longer use and things have been going rather well. I thought I might have issues with the "no refunds" but everyone has been really great, especially considering I'm selling things at ridiculously low prices as I just want them gone.

Till THIS person...... I've sold off an old oven then we pulled out, offered a refund if it doesn't work. Ovens go new for like $500 for the oven, and then another $500 for the cook top....this person has won the lot for $70! I've put it for pick up ONLY! This person has the hide to send me an email after they won saying they will only pay for item once it is DELIVERED to them...yeah NO! I've sent three emails to them telling them that, no, item is for pick up only and cash on pick up. I've given them my address, I've given them my number, and I've given them time to reply. NOTHING. I'm being ignored. So I go to ebay help and ask them what I can do. Yeah, lot of good that's done me. I was essentially told that I can cancel the transaction but that the buyer can still leave feedback "they have the right to let other buyers know how they felt the transaction went". RIIIIGHT. SO I don't pander to their needs because they refused to read the information given, I've contacted them and explained everything, I've done everything right...but I GET the bad feedback?
    This is just so stupid…I hope this person does a 180 and realises that they need to come pick this item up and that it’s all simply a misunderstanding. But I got a gut feeling this is going to end badly…so much for my 100% good feedback..buy buy!
    I am evil, I should change my middle name legally TO evil, I'm proud of my evilness! Makes life fun! bwhaha

And this is why I no longer sell on ebay. The buyer holds all the cards. You can't do shit.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

There's a reason I use craigslist.

Comment

Do you know how far the buyer lives from you?

Comment

I think it's about an hour or more. IF this is what they always wanted then they should have asked me prior to bidding. I had it written fairly clearly in my listing that I wasn't going to post the item. I'm not unreasonable, but I really just can't arrange it, especially when they want to pay me when I deliver the item and not before, so there is no guarantee they will pay me for the hiring of the trailer I'd need to get it there if they change their mind, or if they decide to not pay me when I get there. Not to mention the logistics, as the only time I could do it would be the weekend, but since anyone that could help me is busy it still wouldn’t happen. *sigh*…I think next time I’ll sell on the trading post, at least there people that want something have to call you to arrange things.
          I am evil, I should change my middle name legally TO evil, I'm proud of my evilness! Makes life fun! bwhaha

Comment

Tell them you'll ship it...COD.
            We are actors! We are the opposite of people! -Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead

All we can do is hate. And they ALL deserve it.

Comment

+1 for Craigslist. It's pointless to deal with ebay sellers...

Comment

If you can, report him as a non paying buyer and then re-list, blocking him from bidding. If he does leave negative feedback, just respond that buyer wanted you to ship a pick-up only item.

No one expects that a good seller you is going to have 100% positive feedback-over the long haul you are bound to run into a dbag or two.
                Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Quoth Tsiyeria View Post
                  Tell them you'll ship it...COD.
                  No, don't do that. If they agree, you have to pay the full freight upfront plus the COD fee, and if they refuse the amount on the other end, guess who pays to ship it back too?

Comment

You can get that feedback removed since they're asking for something that wasn't in the listing- either call eBay or email eBay, but it shouldn't be a problem. I sell on eBay for a listing and I don't fuck around with people like that.
                    "You are beginning to damage my calm."

Comment

If it helps, I am a regular buyer on Ebay, and I buy from a lot of sellers who don't have 100% feedback.. I prefer it to be as close to 100% as possible if I can, but I always read through the feedback to see what the negs and neutrals were for... Most times it's something that wouldn't bother me, (Like long OS shipping which I think should just be expected) or you can tell they are new to ebay, and don't quite get the feedback system, or they are just out and out crazy!!!

If they do leave you crappy feedback, just make sure you follow it up as best you can, and leave your own explanation via the feedback forum... and good luck!!!
                      "You're perfect yes it's true, but without meeeee you're only you!"

Comment

It's not the feedback that matters, it's the stars. It only takes a few idiots (or one really determined one) to make it so that you can't list anything at all. >_<

The star system is the stupidest, least useful thing they've done, right after removing bad Feedback for buyers.

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

As a seller, you should be able to have a little criteria as to whom you sell to. Sometimes for higher ticket items I would put that the buyer's last ten feedback must be positives or the bid will be removed. Ebay has never given me hassle about that.

Comment

You can certainly remove bids for any reason you want, but if someone sneaks in at the last moment, it won't matter what you have to say about their Feedback, you'll still have to sell to them, as it's not recognized as a legitimate reason to refuse the sale.

^-.-^
                            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I HATE ebay buyers!

Had a bonnet for a car once, was painted at a cost of $300, bonnet cost $150...he won the auction INCLUDING delivery for $71...he had the hide to go 'You really want that $1 don't you'...gave me $70. $70 f**king bucks for a bonnet that cost $450 and was brand new...a**ehole!

Also, a cell phone, was $260 brand new, was ex-demo. Free postage, the money from the auction was all going to charity. Buyer had the hide to ask me IN PAYPAL if 'Does it come with a warranty'...let's see, you paid $20 for a phone that was $260 brand new. Your not paying for postage AND the money is going to charity...I'm a private seller AND you have the hide to ask for a warranty after the auction had finished?

FFS! I hate ebay buyers...

Comment

Working...
                              X