This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry but you're an idiot

We rent water coolers. We like it when you rent because its basically pure profit. Renting has upsides which are that we replace the cooler for free if anything happens to it maintenance-wise OR if you just want it cleaned or want a new one. We do offer them for purchase. New coolers are $160.00 with a one year warranty and used ones are $99.00 with no warranty.

SC: I'm cancelling my service!
    Me: I'm sorry to hear that. May I ask why?
    SC: Do you have any notes about when I purchased the cooler I was renting from you all?
    Me: *clickety Clack*...yes, I see that you called in 2009 and we informed you it would cost $99.00 with no warranty.
    SC: Anything else?
    Me: Yes, I see that you called several months later...in Jan. of 2010 and requested to purchase the cooler and we gave you the same information.
    SC: And? *sounds like his teeth are clamped together*
    Me: ...and...you said you still wanted it.
    SC: Did you charge me?
    Me...yes, sir.
    SC: Can you tell me how old the cooler was when I bought it?
    Me: Well not specifically but I see you had been renting it since 1998.
    SC: *practically screaming* Exactly!
    Me: I'm...sorry?
    SC: Do you know what they charge for new coolers at Home Depot?
    Me: I imagine the same or a similar price. These are commercial grade coolers, a more durable type than what you can purchase at Home Depot. They normally last a great deal longer.
    SC: No, they're the same! I was ripped off!

...so you knew the cooler was at least 12 years old. You asked for a price, we gave it to you. You apparently mulled it over for 5 months and then called back, we gave same info and YOU requested to purchase the cooler. And now a year and a half later you were ripped off?

He requested an address to send a complaint. Then when I processed his cancellation he tells me he has 6 full bottles he wants credited.

Me: I apologize sir, but due to FDA regulations that water cannot be resold so we do not issue credit for full bottles. You have the option to cancel your next couple of deliveries in order to use the water.
    SC: No! That's another thing to put in my letter.

So...you are given all options and information, you choose the ones that will most tick you off and.then blame others for your mistake. I see.

Bonus

Me: May I ask, sir, does the cooler still work?
    SC: Yeah, why?

Oh. Wow. I'm dumbfounded.
    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Quoth AquaGirl View Post
      Me: May I ask, sir, does the cooler still work?
      SC: Yeah, why?
      *Opens mouth and NOTHING comes out*

*Head-WALL*
      Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

"Sorry, but you're an idiot" basically sums it all up...and I can probably speak for everyone here
        "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

All right, here's a question. You say you'll replace the cooler if the customer merely wants a new one. At what "age" does a cooler go from "new" to "used"? Let's say I was this guy, and 10 years later, I call up and say "Hey, this cooler is kind of old, can I get a new one?" You say OK, send him over a new one. 3 months later he calls and says "I want to buy this cooler from you." Does that count as the used price? If so, the guy effectively gets a three-month-old cooler for a decent price.

Comment

Quoth sevendaysky View Post
            All right, here's a question. You say you'll replace the cooler if the customer merely wants a new one. At what "age" does a cooler go from "new" to "used"? Let's say I was this guy, and 10 years later, I call up and say "Hey, this cooler is kind of old, can I get a new one?" You say OK, send him over a new one. 3 months later he calls and says "I want to buy this cooler from you." Does that count as the used price? If so, the guy effectively gets a three-month-old cooler for a decent price.
            Yes, used is used. It used to mean over 3 years old but they have since changed that policy. However when you rent there is no guarantee that we will bring you a brand new replacement. You can request one and we try to accomodate but if we don't have it and we're in between shipments you won't get it unless you're willing to wait.

Comment

That SC makes a 40 watt bulb seem bright.
              Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

no, kristev, that sc makes a one watt bulb seem bright. wow...just, wow.
                look! it's ghengis khan!
                Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Why do people not understand that renting is more expensive than buying? The dumbass is mad at you 'cause he's spent $XXX on renting it? Betcha somebody just pointed that out to him & since he was too fuckin' stupid to figure it out before he's blamin' you.
                  "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth BeenThereDoneThat View Post
                    "Sorry, but you're an idiot" basically sums it all up...
                    OWW!!! He hurt my brain.
                    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                    X