Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just...don't buy furniture from us, okay?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gratuitous bump!

We actually got into big trouble with our DM over selling this display.

See, one of his "big things" he looks for when doing store inspections is that all the required furniture displays are out on the floor. That particular armoire had some kind of signing attached to it, as part of the package from the vendor. The sign was attached to the fully-assembled display in such a way that we couldn't get it off when giving it to the SC. So we gave her an extra 10% refund of what she had paid for the armoire in the first place.

DM was PISSED to see this display gone. Not only because we would now have a harder time selling the product, but because the furniture manufacturer could send a rep around and that person would be mad we weren't displaying their merchandise the way they had sent it to be displayed.

That armoire has since come back in. A new display will be have to put together and I don't know who'll be doing that. I suppose it could be me. I can do pretty good with stuff that doesn't require a lot of assembly, but putting together something more involved and putzy like that armoire could be a problem. Then again I can't see myself having time to do that anytime soon.

DM may be needlessly picky on a lot of unimportant shit (because this is what the company wants out of him), but I'm glad he's giving this high importance. People always wonder why I get so wound up about furniture displays being sold and gone before they should. It isn't always about pleasing the customer.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Please tell me that the mentioned spineless manager got his ass chewed out? Oh wait.... never-mind.. I know that will never happen!

Comment

Quoth Captain Trips View Post
        Remember, those only work on the weak minded. You know, like spineless managers....
        LOL you beat me to it.

Comment

Furniture fail on the SC and spineless manager's part.
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
            How much will you bet her husband WAS actually putting it together wrong!

Do it yourself furniture can be pretty nice though. Our house is filled with bookcases and cabinets from target, wal mart, etc. One has survived about 8-moves. I think it has to do with how tightly you put it together and how careful you are with it. You just have to have the touch.
            Not to mention plenty of wine to assist with the assembly.

Been doing it myself for quite a few years now . Have one rotating 3 shelf VHS cabinet that's held up for over 15 years now (almost 20.)

That poor thing has been drug through several rooms of the house over the years. It's currently in the bedroom waiting to be moved yet again soon back to the office (which should be the last time I plan on moving it.)
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth PatchO'Black View Post
              Look, I keep seeing folks referencing SC as using the Jedi mind trick, and I think it is just dumb!

...SCs are obviously Sith, not Jedi.....
              Yeah, but in my experience, only the Jedi actually bother with mind trick powers. Sith will either use ordinary psychological manipulation or just Force lightning the buggers
              Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

How much will you bet her husband WAS actually putting it together wrong!
                I'll give you even money on that. FULL DISCLOSURE: I am myself a civil engineer. I do taxes seasonally and part-time. It may not necessarily be his fault as some instructions are either impractical or confusing or just plain poorly written...I can't help but wonder if they were translated from one language to another and then English.
                Do it yourself furniture can be pretty nice though. Our house is filled with bookcases and cabinets from target, wal mart, etc... I think it has to do with how tightly you put it together and how careful you are with it. You just have to have the touch.
                We have several bookshelves from Office Max and they are holding up just great. There are quite a few other DIY pieces as well. FWIW, it;s been my experience that 'No tool required' is wishful thinking.
                I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

>_> you're a civil engineer?? Awesome! That is really cool... do you have any horror/sc stories from that job, or is it all too damning with the evidence? (not to incite threadjack, but posting in a new thread?)
                  "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                  "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
                    >_> you're a civil engineer?? Awesome! That is really cool... do you have any horror/sc stories from that job, or is it all too damning with the evidence? (not to incite threadjack, but posting in a new thread?)
                    Few and far between...I have a lot more public contact at the tax office; hence my handle.
                    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                    X